Welcome Welcome to Collingwood Harry Perryman

Remove this Banner Ad

He dressed up as a man accused of rape and the troubled couple was he and an inflatable sex doll. He was referencing rape whether you want to call it that or not.

My assumption is that he was just being a shock jock. But you can't criticise someone for being shocked and complaining when you're trying to be shocking.
Not criticising anyone for being shocked, moreso the AFLs knee jerk reaction of fining and suspending everyone due to said shock.

My contempt is purely directed at the AFLs handling, not the offender nor offendee nor venue owner nor broader society.

Sure and this hypothetical 22-year old girl, if that’s what we’re running with, has recourse either via civil court / employment law / what have you, and if it’s warranted by all means proceed.

I guess I’m a little more cautious around the AFL as a sporting body policing and punishing behaviours based on the subjective realms of propriety/impropriety and ‘offence’.

I dunno, I’m pretty ****ing offended every time Carlton runs onto the field, and would hope the AFL fines the players as a result.

Maybe wishful thinking…
Yeah but who goes to the police or the courts. The bartender, whoever they may be, just complains to their boss, 9 times out if 10, who then goes to those who booked the venue. It was probably GWS who directed it to the AFL integrity unit.

Those like Swanny having a go at the bartender should shut up.

They were being offensive and the bartender complained. Fair enough from the bartender.

And then it's got to the AFL integrity unit, what else could they do?

Yeah but who goes to the police or the courts. The bartender, whoever they may be, just complains to their boss, 9 times out if 10, who then goes to those who booked the venue. It was probably GWS who directed it to the AFL integrity unit.

Those like Swanny having a go at the bartender should shut up.

They were being offensive and the bartender complained. Fair enough from the bartender.
Yeah I’m fine with everything up until this point. That’s all fair. But the AFL issuing suspensions based on this subjective offence taking is a little far fetched, wouldn’t you agree?

Yeah I’m fine with everything up until this point. That’s all fair. But the AFL issuing suspensions based on this subjective offence is a little far fetched, wouldn’t you agree?
I do. Only fines would have been better. Suspensions a bit much.

I do. Only fines would have been better. Suspensions a bit much.
If we have a new suspension worthy offence in the rulebook of ‘causing someone to be offended’ then it opens up a whole can of worms. I can guarantee Owies won’t play another game, such is the offensive nature of having to look at his ridiculous head.

Dude never plays again….

Yeah I’m fine with everything up until this point. That’s all fair. But the AFL issuing suspensions based on this subjective offence taking is a little far fetched, wouldn’t you agree?
No I don't agree. AFL response is the best for all concerned. Who wants shit like this in the courts. Who benefits? The AFL? GWS? The players? The venue? The bartender? No one.

Or released in the media as an attempted club or AFL pay off and cover up?

They ****ed up. Dealt with. Over.

I'm sure they can appeal it. They won't. The outcomes will have been negotiated. And look reasonable to me.

Last edited:
No I don't agree. AFL response is the best for all concerned. Who wants shit like this in the courts. Who benefits? The AFL? GWS? The venue? The bartender? No one.

I'm sure they can appeal it. They won't. The outcomes will have been negotiated. And look reasonable to me.

I was thinking this was probably now the most expensive Mad Monday in history but i guess when you start the meter running on the Blow, booze and whatever else the tab can run up pretty fast.

No I don't agree. AFL response is the best for all concerned. Who wants shit like this in the courts. Who benefits? The AFL? GWS? The venue? The bartender? No one.

The AFL always benefits, no matter what happens.
Everyone else quickly forgets.

I was thinking this was probably now the most expensive Mad Monday in history but i guess when you start the meter running on the Blow, booze and whatever else the tab can run up pretty fast.
Toby budgets for $5k a month in AFL fines.

Suspending players for being ‘offensive’ sets a very malleable and slippery precedent IMO. Many things could and will be construed as such.

I’d personally prefer the AFL manages the game day stuff and our govt organisations handle everything outside of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Collingwood Harry Perryman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back