List Mgmt. Welcome to Collingwood Tim Golds

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Golds = Tony Armstrong

A good bloke that manages to survive on a list well past the point that production would dictate he should.

That being said he's a Collingwood player now so here's to me hopefully being wrong!

So you saying the only Reason we rookied him was because he is a Good Bloke and Get's along well with the player Group as the Video Showed

To be brutally honest I wouldn't have drafted either because I couldn't see Armstrong ever cracking a regular game ditto Golds.

The key difference for me was we brought Armstrong in to cover for Williams potential jail stint whereas Golds has had his 4 years in the system (plus 2 as a GWS pre-listed player) so why not give Capiron or Kerbatiah a crack?...

Not saying Hine and Co got it wrong more that I would have taken a different path!

We Signed TA as a DFA.

No one selected Caprion and Kerbatiah so no other Club Rated them either

Reduction in interchange will bring pure running athletes back to the game. The Clint Young types who are soft as butter but can kick and run all day will start seeing more game time

Gold known just for Short Kicks and Nothing Else

CUzCbNwVEAAAQf4.jpg

To be brutally honest I wouldn't have drafted either because I couldn't see Armstrong ever cracking a regular game ditto Golds.

The key difference for me was we brought Armstrong in to cover for Williams potential jail stint whereas Golds has had his 4 years in the system (plus 2 as a GWS pre-listed player) so why not give Capiron or Kerbatiah a crack?...

Not saying Hine and Co got it wrong more that I would have taken a different path!

The only thing that works in Golds favour is that AFL could be going down the path where endurance freaks have a massive advantage in games, and Golds is one of the best runners at any club he'll go to. Was a state level runner before being drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think all the SOS bashing is premature be honest.

Let's face it. GWS has an excellent young list. He had huge advantages, sure, but he hardly stuffed it up. I would say he is unproven, but there is nothing to suggest he doesn't have an eye for talent. We will now find our if he is any good.

Let's face it. GWS has an excellent young list. He had huge advantages, sure, but he hardly stuffed it up. I would say he is unproven, but there is nothing to suggest he doesn't have an eye for talent. We will now find our if he is any good.

That may all be true, but he's from Carlton and now works for Carlton.

Therefore he's a donkey.

Sos had another hand full of first rounders this year picking every big man in the draft. He has it easy if you ask me. Anyway people keep an eye out at training when Golds is having shot's at goals to see what he is like.

We Signed TA as a DFA.

No one selected Caprion and Kerbatiah so no other Club Rated them either

I know how Armstrong was brought in.

Everyone passed over Phillips last year so by your logic re Kerbatiah and Capiron he shouldn't have been drafted this year. Ditto Langdon.

Simply because clubs pass on players in a given period doesn't mean they aren't up to it. Considering the time you invest into this part of the year you of all posters should know that...

Hey Guys just thought id pass on a few things.....Wish him all the best...Apparently he was a really liked player at the Giants so to see how the guys reacted to him being rookied.It didn't surprise me..A lot of guys rated him as the funniest guy at the club.One of those guys who just pull a face and u crack up. ..

Must admit I was surprised he was picked up by u. I saw quite a few Neafl games last year and he had pretty much everyone ahead of him.Would have been coming from a long way back.It was reported he was contracted until end of next year so not sure what happened there. ..He has a.bit of pace but not extraordinarily quick.Same with endurance.Not at Scully, Kelly or Tomlinsons level...Interesting that your thinking about playing him forward.I didn't see him play forward . Don't think he did.Chipped it around down back.....

If he plays seniors full credit to your development team.Hopefully he does.Even though he wasnt traded a few of our trades have been win/win for both sides so far.

Cheers and here some useless info...mates with Patton since he was 10

Hey Guys just thought id pass on a few things.....Wish him all the best...Apparently he was a really liked player at the Giants so to see how the guys reacted to him being rookied.It didn't surprise me..A lot of guys rated him as the funniest guy at the club.One of those guys who just pull a face and u crack up. ..

Must admit I was surprised he was picked up by u. I saw quite a few Neafl games last year and he had pretty much everyone ahead of him.Would have been coming from a long way back.It was reported he was contracted until end of next year so not sure what happened there. ..He has a.bit of pace but not extraordinarily quick.Same with endurance.Not at Scully, Kelly or Tomlinsons level...Interesting that your thinking about playing him forward.I didn't see him play forward . Don't think he did.Chipped it around down back.....

If he plays seniors full credit to your development team.Hopefully he does.Even though he wasnt traded a few of our trades have been win/win for both sides so far.

Thanks for Info Mate.

Yeah - He been a Well Liked Teammate would of helped him get Rookied

There's why;)

It was literally impossible for him to stuff it up with the concessions GWS were given. Take a look back at all the first round picks that have question marks over their heads though. If a competent list manager like Hine, Rendell, Wells, Wright or even Dalrymple had been in charge over the same period, GWS' list would be insane.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome to Collingwood Tim Golds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back