Welcome To Freo D Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

2 year contract, not 4 as was suggested.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/sport/15004734/pearce-free-to-join-dockers/

Danyle Pearce is free to join Fremantle after Port Adelaide today cleared the 26-year-iold to head west under the new free agency rules.
Port Adelaide general manager football Peter Rohde said the South Australian club would not match Fremantle’s offer of a two-year contract for the restricted free agent.
“We have taken time to think about the situation and have resolved that it would be irresponsible in the context of our team structure at Port Adelaide to match the offer put forward by Fremantle,” Rohde said.
“Danyle has made a strong contribution during his eight years at Port Adelaide and we wish him well with his new opportunity in the AFL.”
Pearce, rookie listed by Port Adelaide in 2005, played 154 games for the Power. He was the AFL Rising Star in 2006 and part of the Power’s 2007 grand final side.
Port Adelaide said they are still considering their position regarding Richmond's offer to Troy Chaplin

Good stuff.. and i like the 2 years as well. Very much a Pav n Co signing for the short term assault.

I would say must be pretty decent coin.. probably more than we thought but obviously less years

Absolutely rapt to have him wih us.As we never seem to get the man I wasnt confident this time.
He has the speed we need and has been a loyal Port Adelaide player for a long time so he needs this as well

Awesome, but 2 years? I wouldn't have thought he'd be so willing to pack up and move for a 2 year contract, jeez McPhee got 3 and he was older wasn't he?

That's what I was thinking. Why would would he re-locate to a new state for a two year deal. Granted the yearly salary is obviously very high but still. I don't know if I believe that article though. Would've thought the length of the contract would be longer than two years.

Nickname - bogan?

Given that he has an alternative way of spelling a simple common name, much favoured with bogans.

Perhaps shouldn't hold the poor guy responsible for his parents' questionable choice in names!

Ross the Boss on 16 Sept: 'need more pace in the midfield'. 3 Oct: fixed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spewing about this. I am extremely surprised the club let him go without much fight to keep him. He's pretty much the only guy on our half back line who can run, break lines and kick it 50+ metres. He's not tough, he's not inside and if he has to actually defend he's not particularly great, but those things can be very easily ignored if he's in a well structured side and is free to use his attacking weapons. You guys have done very well here, unfortunately I can see him thriving playing at Subiaco every couple of weeks.

He'll be a winger not a HBF in our team. Probably stints at HFF too with a focus on defensive pressure, chase and tackle. He was great at those things early in his career but have drifted lately.

Perhaps a short crazy money offer to force Port to not match the bid and then a handshake agreement for him to play for further years with much less dollars.

Exactly what I was thinking. Smart accounting that way we can land a bigger fish next year during Free Agency.

With the hot streak the club is on I wouldn't be surprised if out of nowhere Buddy Franklin agreed to a massive deal with us next year under free agency. Make it happen Freo ;)

I'm not too enthused, but I'll bite my tongue and trust/hope this works out well. Would rather pay him more per year for 2 years than a bit less p.a. over 4 years ... so that is a good outcome.

With the hot streak the club is on I wouldn't be surprised if out of nowhere Buddy Franklin agreed to a massive deal with us next year under free agency. Make it happen Freo ;)
Maybe if we bite the bullet and take the Hipster it'll help us on our way to getting Buddy next year? Kinda like a wingman that takes the minger?

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome To Freo D Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

Back