Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Nathan O'Driscoll (Pick 27)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus

He's probably got a ceiling closer to a Kamdyn McIntosh with goal sense

He doesn’t have marking ability

His kicking and decision making is average, not heaps of class

He does have great determination and work rate

I don’t know how about a more gritty version of Andrew embley ?

Jack Crisp I think is a better comparison.

Swans version of Zak Jones. Had pace kicked snags but inconsistent

If Nathan had the ability to deliver the work rate of Kamdyn then he will be our best midfielder kicking two goals a game and bursting out of stoppages. The only things holding him back were marking above his head, the precision shorter kicks, the cleanliness of his hands on the loose ball and his fitness due to injury.

His marking was better this year. His long kicking will look better with our forward line bringing it to ground and he was clean with the ball in stoppage.

2025, with a full preseason, he will be an absolute weapon and I don't see that on the wing, he will start there but immediately move inside the stoppage after the first whistle. Just like happened this year.

Look, I like Noddy too but the reality is, he was a 50/50 to be delisted this year. He’s still no certainty to be a 100 game AFL player at this stage. Needs to stay dog hungry and a huge pre season.
He was not going to be delisted. It did sound like they wanted him to explore his options which baffles me. I can see the talent he has just like I could with Sturt. People need to be patient.

He was not going to be delisted. It did sound like they wanted him to explore his options which baffles me. I can see the talent he has just like I could with Sturt. People need to be patient.
I dont mind NOD but there’s quite a difference to the Sturt situation in my opinion. I’ve always been high on Sturt because he has a couple of clear and obvious traits from early on that separate him from the majority of AFL players in his position.

The biggest one being his set shot accuracy - he’s number one in the entire comp at the moment I believe.

When you have a weapon like that in your toolkit - you can overlook several other aspects of a players game that might be average.
Been saying this for a couple of years now but if we can get Sturty to average 2 marks a game inside 50, that’s an extraordinarily potent weapon we have at our disposal.
He will kick 30 goals a season from those marks alone, and another 15 or so from crumbing, general play and free kicks etc.

I’m not sure NOD has any trait as obviously elite as that, I do like his burst from stoppages though and if he can improve kicking and ball use to even a serviceable standard that would be very very useful for the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont mind NOD but there’s quite a difference to the Sturt situation in my opinion. I’ve always been high on Sturt because he has a couple of clear and obvious traits from early on that separate him from the majority of AFL players in his position.

The biggest one being his set shot accuracy - he’s number one in the entire comp at the moment I believe.

When you have a weapon like that in your toolkit - you can overlook several other aspects of a players game that might be average.
Been saying this for a couple of years now but if we can get Sturty to average 2 marks a game inside 50, that’s an extraordinarily potent weapon we have at our disposal.
He will kick 30 goals a season from those marks alone, and another 15 or so from crumbing, general play and free kicks etc.

I’m not sure NOD has any trait as obviously elite as that, I do like his burst from stoppages though and if he can improve kicking and ball use to even a serviceable standard that would be very very useful for the team.
Not to mention that before Amiss he was the only one in our forward line who knew how to create space then lead into it, something Pavlich was also very good at.

Can't teach that footy IQ

He has shown a fantastic knack of kicking goals from the midfield straight off the bat tho and until young’s emergence this year was about our only mid who showed that trait

The other thing which goes with that he’s more than comfortable in taking the shot too

Reckon he becomes a big weapon for us next season with his burst from stoppage and ability to kick goals,often from tough spots too.

He has shown a fantastic knack of kicking goals from the midfield straight off the bat tho and until young’s emergence this year was about our only mid who showed that trait

The other thing which goes with that he’s more than comfortable in taking the shot too

Reckon he becomes a big weapon for us next season with his burst from stoppage and ability to kick goals,often from tough spots too.
He wasn't know for it as a junior and admitted to fluking his goals in that break out season before injuries.

It's made me a bit wary.
Though coming back at peel he was kicking them again.
🙏🙏🙏

He is also brilliant at ground level for his size, great defensively and has a big tank so can run all day. People saying that he has no elite traits haven't been watching closely. I actually think he would be a better defensive mid then Erasmus because he has a lot more weapons.

Nah he was far closer to being delisted or traded than people think.

Up until the last month of the season he was more likely to be elsewhere than our list from what I've been told.

Even then he left cash on the table to stay with us.
Either way I'm glad he stayed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Nathan O'Driscoll (Pick 27)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back