Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear! Rising star nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's a link to the article, not so easy to find

That has made me a little bit emotional. Especially rewatching the Jack telling Calsher about his debut, and talking about losing their fathers.

12 months today, was the last time I saw my mother. 3 days later she passed away. While I was at the airport to head home, I heard news that a cousin, had just lost his little girl who was born 3 months premature. So this time last year, was a pretty shitty day. Reading that article, he deserves to be the RS this round.

Afl.com.au have just put up an excellent article on him, real quality read with some great insights into the boy (so well spoken, mature and articulate), as well as the culture of the club and how important people like Andy Collins are.

Really enjoyed that, almost as much as Calsher's highlight reel!
You'd think that means he got the nomination this week, would be such a nice cap to what's been such a great story.

The goal in the second quarter where Dear dived into a pack of players in the goal square, outmuscled and out read them for the ball, then got to his feet and kicked the goal was otherworldly.

The commentators said something like somehow it came to him and he kicked the goal. He reached in, and grabbed it then forced his way to his feet to kick a goal before anyone on the ground had even stood up.

Calsher is a next level talent, been telling my friends he's looking better than Buddy was in his first year. His junior career says that he has the talent and will to kick big bags of goals often.

You could easily argue he'd go number 1 in that draft based on output this year. It's a fairytale for the club and us that he's stepped in and looked the business pretty much from his first few Box Hill games.

His number 1 wood is his competitiveness.
Like he's off the charts.
Rest of the golf bag is kind of sexy too, what a find.

it pisses me off so much that the numbskull media keep talking about "father-son pick" Calsher Dear.
he was NOT a father-son pick, he was pick 56 pure and simple, he happened to be the son of a former player. We didn't have to "match" any bid.
idiotic media trying to make out this is yet another lucky break for the Hawks grrrrr
This is a weird thing to get angry about.

it pisses me off so much that the numbskull media keep talking about "father-son pick" Calsher Dear.
he was NOT a father-son pick, he was pick 56 pure and simple, he happened to be the son of a former player. We didn't have to "match" any bid.
idiotic media trying to make out this is yet another lucky break for the Hawks grrrrr
He was a father son nominee, we used 56 because we had no need for it, list management-wise instead of just taking him as a father son at the end of the draft. Settle.

Have you yelled at the numbskull club about how much it pisses you off when they use the exact same description? What a bunch of idiots!!

1724042830078.png

IMO this is hands down one of the best stories in the AFL this year. Pretty much every time the kid takes the field he's bringing peace + healing to his family. Funny to think that at the start of the year we were all bickering if it was right or wrong to throw him a debut 😂 😂 😂
how happy is Nat Edwards in the access all areas link in the Dear story too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a freak. We got the best key and small forward in draft. His leap is not normal. Wait till he puts on 10kg. Sheesh
One of my favourite moments yesterday was when he casually whipped up that said 65kg(ish) small forward off the ground like it was nothing

Hate hearing that he was a father-son selection.

Hawks selected him at 56. It wasn't a matched bid
For all intents and purposes he was. Other clubs were supposedly interested, it's just the way it worked out, we ended up using the pick.

I much prefer him to be referred to a father son. Means more.

I mentioned the other day that I thought the most exciting aspect of his game is his defensive nous and competitiveness. It's brilliant and it seems to come completely naturally to him.

Others might read that and think it's just BigFooty nuffie talk. But once you watch him closely you'll see what we have all been commenting on.

He's got to be the draft find of the season.

Not trying to put unfair expectations on Calsher - but Buddy’s first season yielded 21 goals from 20 games. Calsher is now at 19 goals from 14 games - it’s very bloody exciting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear! Rising star nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back