Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear! Rising star nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst we can all get excited about his goal kicking and footy smarts (cue: dribble goal, kicking off the deck etc) its his willingness to learn along with doing the harder things like chase and tackle as a big man that has me excited.

He does those things just as well as he does the creative forward stuff imo. When he and Chol start laying repeat tackles in there it's a thing of beauty.

At least 4 teams have to put in a request before a player will be invited to the draft combine.

I wonder if the Hawks put in a request?
I doubt we would have, there is nothing we could learn at a combine that we couldn't have learned when he came out to Waverley for a few training sessions. Other players like Dursma, Watson, Curtain etc... we would have because we'd have no knowledge of their time trial performance, 20m sprint, vertical leap etc...That's what the combine does is show an athletic and skill profile that you can't get other than a "feel of" from watching games.

He just needs to put on a little bit of bulk, but not too much, maybe just 4-5 kegs. Just to ensure he can compete physically with big key defenders. If he puts on any more than that, he may lose a little of his burgeoning leap, mobility and ability when the ball hits the ground.

He just needs to put on a little bit of bulk, but not too much, maybe just 4-5 kegs. Just to ensure he can compete physically with big key defenders. If he puts on any more than that, he may lose a little of his burgeoning leap, mobility and ability when the ball hits the ground.
He's a naturally strong bugger, he's not getting rag dolled by the backs but rather holding his own. When he fills out, he's gonna need team defence to try n stop him

Have you seen a picture when he was first drafted he has already bulked up little, hopefully he can continue to put on some bulk.

Father, Paul, had an abundance of bulk but a decent leap and plenty of mobility. I wouldn't worry too much.

I saw the talent early on like most here but i think i severely underrated just how good he could be and especially how early. 24 goals in a debut season as a tall forward is an exceptional return. Adding in what he accomplished in his first final and the lid is now off. Refusing to put any ceiling on him as a player.

Wanna know my favourite Hawk? Look up
Family is from Churchill, not far from me, my nephew played for the Cougars..
I don't care about who you play for (except Albion), Calsher is a ****ing star! Can We have him for Barrass?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think everyone can agree it's only right he ends up with the number 19 when Gunners retires.
I'm incredibly curious as to what his role looks like when Lewis is back or if Scaife comes into the side.

To think that in his first year he has played 17 games and has kicked 25 goals is amazing.
I expect him to get a lot more attention next year- hopefully he can bulk up a bit!

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear! Rising star nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back