Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear! Rising star nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe get him right first? Who knows if Lewis now getting lots of injuries is being battered too much when younger

You want to get those injuries right before coming back while your body is still developing.

The injuries you never let heal in junior sporting adventures are the ****ers that persist in middle age based on my circle of friends. Calsher has professional strength and conditioning staff at his disposal, but there's no rush unless they figure Scaife isn't worth a look in the seniors.

Calsher's going to be loading his frame up with muscle over the next couple of years in particular. No point in risking how well he is going to move with all that added weight if it can be avoided easily.

Maybe get him right first? Who knows if Lewis now getting lots of injuries is being battered too much when younger
I get the sentiment but there's a difference between a contact injury and playing through tendon or ligament damage. Calsh copped a big knee to the side, but unless there's some internal damage or genuine broken ribs then there's no issue for him.

I'd go as far as to say that playing through that sort of soreness is a necessary skill for players to develop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That big contested mark on the wing in the last quarter was so huge.

Just keeps getting better.

Clutch mark.
Commanding mark.

Calsh owned Draper in that contest.

Clutch mark.
Commanding mark.

Calsh owned Draper in that contest.

Was pretty impressed with Draper as well.

I think they will have some good battles in the coming years.

Was pretty impressed with Draper as well.

I think they will have some good battles in the coming years.

Draper is as comfortable at the level as Calsh is I reckon.

Looking forward to their contested and uncontested battles.

It. Dear has got it.

He has done some really nousy basketball type stuff I haven't seen since Silk. Stealing the ball straight out of someone's mitts, did a bounce through his legs in one other game. Really fun to watch.

Only issue is that every opportunity he gets is so hard fought, we need to start getting him those easy goals too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear! Rising star nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back