Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Announces retirement (2 Sept 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a poor pre-season and he looked unfit. In the early rounds he could not impact the contest and was obviously frustrated. He then appeared to have a run in with the playing group on field. He then missed a chunk of games. Port and a lot of fans were glad to see him go and were saying he had lost the passion to play

A few posters were concerned. I wonder why?

Then the illuminati come on board chest beating. Typical BF.
If people just said "Chad looks unfit", there would be no problem at all. That is an observation that is valid.

It is the judgements that are not.

This illumination has been free of charge.

He had a poor pre-season and he looked unfit. In the early rounds he could not impact the contest and was obviously frustrated. He then appeared to have a run in with the playing group on field. He then missed a chunk of games. Port and a lot of fans were glad to see him go and were saying he had lost the passion to play

All of that is full of shit.

He had an injury interupted pre-season - not a 'poor' one.

In the early rounds people were more willing to highlight his faults than his strengths. He was also a big reason why we won against Norf in his Hawks debut.

He missed a chunk of games - with injury. Injury. Not disinterest, not laziness, not Fortnite.

The media disected a trade that barely had time to play out. Some Hawks posters who can't wait to miserable campaigners jumped on the 'We LoSt ThE TrAdE.' bandwagon.

Many Port posters on here have defended Chad throughout and quite a number on their board wish he'd never left.

The chest beating is because those who want to bleat about the doom our club is apparently mired in are once again proven wrong - to the detriment of only them and to the benefit of the Hawthorn Football Club and one of our players.

Did lol at 'illuminati' haha

I'm waiting for my time to get burned for what could be construed as giving up on TOB after years of hope.

If people talk a lot of s**t, be accountable for it. This includes you.

Don't get your knickers in a twist because bulls**t is called out

Every ******* wants the right to sprout their s**t without consequence.

My right to an opinion! My right to an opinion!

What about the responsibility - to be reasonable, informed, open - that goes with it?? Nope, fu** that. It's all about me knowing, and the rest listening.

I don't need to be humble, 'cos I generally don't make ******* idiot judgements which prove to be ******* idiot statements. I keep an open mind, even when surrounded by the usual "Bookmark" big talking, opiniated loudmouths...who, funnily enough, all REALLY HATE IT when people point out that they were wrong.

The thing I find baffling is the willingness of some to express a negative opinion but play the oft-discriminated against victim card when they're called out on their bullshit. Crazy stuff.

This. I never thought he was slow, but his acceleration is unreal. Didn't realise he had that much in him. Similar to Impey, he seems to have more time than other players - great awareness, a great sidestep and a burst of speed, all of a sudden they have time and space.
This is so true.
Chad has great spatial awareness and side step to work in traffic, and also great acceleration to speed away and break lines.
Plus elite disposal to hit a target or kick a goal.
Rare talent.

I'll re-phrase my post for the kneejerkers who can't see beyond their own noses.

I facepalm furiously at the 'Chad didn't absolutely set Hawthorn's world on fire in the first 6 months of being here, at the start of a potential 5-10 year career here' posters.

All of that is full of s**t.

He had an injury interupted pre-season - not a 'poor' one.

In the early rounds people were more willing to highlight his faults than his strengths. He was also a big reason why we won against Norf in his Hawks debut.

He missed a chunk of games - with injury. Injury. Not disinterest, not laziness, not Fortnite.

The media disected a trade that barely had time to play out. Some Hawks posters who can't wait to miserable campaigners jumped on the 'We LoSt ThE TrAdE.' bandwagon.

Many Port posters on here have defended Chad throughout and quite a number on their board wish he'd never left.

The chest beating is because those who want to bleat about the doom our club is apparently mired in are once again proven wrong - to the detriment of only them and to the benefit of the Hawthorn Football Club and one of our players.

Mate what I posted is not my point of view on the Wingard trade. I was in the wait and see give him time camp for all the reasons you kindly posted posted for me.

I just dont see the need to jump over other Hawks BF posters as some like your good self relish doing. That is the point my post was trying to make.

If people just said "Chad looks unfit", there would be no problem at all. That is an observation that is valid.

It is the judgements that are not.

This illumination has been free of charge.
I agree. What my post was pointing out, was the chatter around Wingard was why some people might make those judgments or draw conclusions whether well founded or otherwise.

Mate what I posted is not my point of view on the Wingard trade. I was in the wait and see give him time camp for all the reasons you kindly posted posted for me.

I just dont see the need to jump over other Hawks BF posters as some like your good self relish doing. That is the point my post was trying to make.

Because there is a contingent (not saying you) who only revel in the negativity and don't ever bring anything else to the table. It's tiring.

I am negative here at times - there was a gameday thread this year where I was aghast at how disinterested we were (Bombers game I think). I once flew off the handle at Sicily early in his career and said we should take a second round pick and run. I couldn't be happier when I am proven wrong. I also own it when I am and don't cry like a spoiled child.

I just wouldn't mind a bit more light and shade from some posters. Nothing wrong with criticism and cynicism - there is a lot wrong with just a torrent of negativity with zero contrition.

I never really got on the offensive on the Chad argument so I don't get a 'told you so' moment here - but I am revelling in those that did and enjoying that some of the same old posters once again got it wrong while the club got it right.

i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about The Chad. u wouldnt say this shit to him at the MCG, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because there is a contingent (not saying you) who only revel in the negativity and don't ever bring anything else to the table. It's tiring.

I am negative here at times - there was a gameday thread this year where I was aghast at how disinterested we were (Bombers game I think). I once flew off the handle at Sicily early in his career and said we should take a second round pick and run. I couldn't be happier when I am proven wrong. I also own it when I am and don't cry like a spoiled child.

I just wouldn't mind a bit more light and shade from some posters. Nothing wrong with criticism and cynicism - there is a lot wrong with just a torrent of negativity with zero contrition.

I never really got on the offensive on the Chad argument so I don't get a 'told you so' moment here - but I am revelling in those that did and enjoying that some of the same old posters once again got it wrong while the club got it right.
Fair enough. I dont notice this bolded. I believe that despite having a negative outlook initially all these Hawks fans would be loving Wingards current run of form.

What about the responsibility - to be reasonable, informed, open - that goes with it?? Nope, fu** that. It's all about me knowing, and the rest listening.

I don't need to be humble, 'cos I generally don't make ******* idiot judgements which prove to be ******* idiot statements. I keep an open mind, even when surrounded by the usual "Bookmark" big talking, opiniated loudmouths...who, funnily enough, all REALLY HATE IT when people point out that they were wrong.
Perhaps in time you will look back on this and think you could have done better?
I was merely offering a view from another angle, no need to take it so personally.

It's increasingly obvious that his form earlier in the year wasn't just an unfortunate preseason but due to how we've gotten the ball in there. We've just moved him to a position where he is more involved, I never had a problem with his work rate at the start of the year

Good to be proven right after standing up for him, but supporters do this with everyone we get in FA or trades

It's increasingly obvious that his form earlier in the year wasn't just an unfortunate preseason but due to how we've gotten the ball in there. We've just moved him to a position where he is more involved, I never had a problem with his work rate at the start of the year
i said it earlier in the year, and only believe it more and more for the last 2 months.

He isn't a Rioli replacement. He needs to be a 60/40 or 70/30 mid. Not a small forward.

i was critical of his poor form and didnt like his small forward contributions earlier in the year, now he has had a rest, got his body right and playing midfield well, i dont see anything wrong with this position?, i dont care if God played for Hawthorn, if he is out of form, i will flipping criticise him....because i want the best out of whoever plays for the Hawks, not their worst.

if you are content with their worst then you're not really a Hawks supporter, you're a player lover and an enabler of their poor form imo.

i said it earlier in the year, and only believe it more and more for the last 2 months.

He isn't a Rioli replacement. He needs to be a 60/40 or 70/30 mid. Not a small forward.
He's been played exclusively mid since returning from injury hasn't he? I may have missed it, but I haven't seen him line up in the forward line at all.

He's been played exclusively mid since returning from injury hasn't he? I may have missed it, but I haven't seen him line up in the forward line at all.
I haven't seen the split, but it appears so.
Still think he's got some forward time in him, but majority should be in the middle.

The reason I came on here yesterday was not to ‘beat my chest’. It was to remind everyone to always be open-minded and play the long game. We have absolutely no reason to question the decisions of our amazing club, they are incredible at what they do.

I fought tirelessly in this thread for months trying to convince some people to give Chad a go. Some of the things that people said about him on here and also on social media were quite frankly sickening.

He’s a Hawthorn player. He’s a superstar. He’s a human. Our supporters should treat him as such.

The reason I came on here yesterday was not to ‘beat my chest’. It was to remind everyone to always be open-minded and play the long game. We have absolutely no reason to question the decisions of our amazing club, they are incredible at what they do.

I fought tirelessly in this thread for months trying to convince some people to give Chad a go. Some of the things that people said about him on here and also on social media were quite frankly sickening.

He’s a Hawthorn player. He’s a superstar. He’s a human. Our supporters should treat him as such.

How dare you speak this lie

I was excited in Trade week when i heard the news, and i'm even more excited now.
He is exactly the element we were missing running through the centre, and with Mitchell extracting to him in 2020 - look the f** out

Perhaps in time you will look back on this and think you could have done better? ....no need to take it so personally.

I posted something very general, without any names mentioned, about the tendency of people to knee-jerk, and rush to judgement.

You posted something, specifically aimed at me, about my lack of humility in posting the above

Which comment was more "personal??

Snap!

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Announces retirement (2 Sept 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back