Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

1-“He’s now close to the end of his 12th season and still doesn’t have any contract from Hawthorn in front of him” - This was factually incorrect.

2-“I expect him to be delisted and if we think the last rookie spot is better spent on retaining him…..and he wants to stay…..then I’m all for it”.
- This was also an incorrect assumption. Never at any stage was he to be delisted.

3-“ Unfortunately, this would have to be a 12+ month rehab which wouldn’t see him available until 2025, aged 32” -And another incorrect assumption.

4-“ That’s plain awful. Have to say at his age and with his history I can’t see him playing again”.
- and another…

You’ve had a lot to say in this thread.
You thought you knew more..
You didn’t.
You weren’t right.
I rarely post. When I do… it’s because a player is being unfairly speculated on or because I have a fact.
Your views were so far off you actually looked silly…. But try and bedazzle everyone with your “wisdom”

You time and time again said a rookie contract was what he should be offered. I told you he had a deal in place that would be honoured.

But respectfully.. you’re more than welcome to keep telling yourself you were right as this seems really important to you.

Also. Melbourne, Adelaide and Port Adel all made enquires and were keen on acquiring him. Chad informed all he was staying at the HFC.

And finally don’t again assume you know more than everyone… you have no clue who I am.

Last edited:
1-“He’s now close to the end of his 12th season and still doesn’t have any contract from Hawthorn in front of him” - This was factually incorrect.

2-“I expect him to be delisted and if we think the last rookie spot is better spent on retaining him…..and he wants to stay…..then I’m all for it”.
- This was also an incorrect assumption. Never at any stage was he to be delisted.

3-“ Unfortunately, this would have to be a 12+ month rehab which wouldn’t see him available until 2025, aged 32” -And another incorrect assumption.

4-“ That’s plain awful. Have to say at his age and with his history I can’t see him playing again”.
- and another…

You didn’t.
You weren’t right.
I rarely post. When I do… it’s because a player is being unfairly speculated on or because I have a fact.
Your views were so far off you actually looked silly…. But try and bedazzle everyone with your “wisdom”

You time and time again said a rookie contract was what he should be offered. I told you he had a deal in place that would be honoured.

But respectfully.. you’re more than welcome to keep telling yourself you were right as this seems really important to you.

Also. Melbourne, Adelaide and Port Adel all made enquires and were keen on acquiring him. Chad informed all he was staying at the HFC.

And finally don’t again assume you know more than everyone… you have no clue who I am.
Name and shame please!

- and another…

You didn’t.
You weren’t right.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

- and another…

You didn’t.
You weren’t right.

Thank you.
I always felt it was the right thing to do from a football perspective, and also the honourable thing to do.

I've followed Chad on instagram since we traded for him and he's always come across as a sincere and loyal person who really cared to put his best foot forward for the HFC. He is always active on IG wrt Hawthorn content. Whenever I see a HFC post or another hawk player's post, Chad has usually already liked or commented on it.

I hate the way some continually characterise him as someone who doesn't care or is lazy.
He's always been up for it when his health has permitted, probably coming back too soon many times.
If his recovery goes well and we are pushing for a finals spot, I want Chad back in the team because he's a winner who stands up when it matters.

Thank you.
I always felt it was the right thing to do from a football perspective, and also the honourable thing to do.

I've followed Chad on instagram since we traded for him and he's always come across as a sincere and loyal person who really cared to put his best foot forward for the HFC. He is always active on IG wrt Hawthorn content. Whenever I see a HFC post or another hawk player's post, Chad has usually already liked or commented on it.

I hate the way some continually characterise him as someone who doesn't care or is lazy.
He's always been up for it when his health has permitted, probably coming back too soon many times.
If his recovery goes well and we are pushing for a finals spot, I want Chad back in the team because he's a winner who stands up when it matters.
If we can get the Chad of the last 5 rounds back, I'd love him to stay for another 4 seasons, was remarkable.

Thank you.

This post needs some more love because it’s 100% correct. Well said man 👏🏽

Gosh, he speaks well. Not just his articulation, he comes across very mature and relaxed.
Absolutely.

Every time I hear him, i hear a thoughtful, considered, intelligent and sensitive person.

Not intelligent or thoughtful "for a footballer"...just intelligent and thoughtful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a 10x better bet to help us than Stewart Dew was when we took him on.
Perhaps. but we were ready for a serious tilt when we brought Dew in. I don't see our list at the same stage as the 2007 one.

If we can get the Chad of the last 5 rounds back, I'd love him to stay for another 4 seasons, was remarkable.
My hope is he can play another 2 or 3 seasons.

My hope is he can play another 2 or 3 seasons.
Mine too. My comment was more a measure of how brilliant he'd been on the field. Once the soft tissue starts manifesting it requires an enormous effort to stay on the field.

Got a bad feeling 1) we're going to lose a seriously quality player and 2) get absolutely nothing in return for him. Joining Collingwood will be overwhelmingly tempting as he'll def get a crack at winning a flag but you also get the feeling he's immensely loyal to the Hawks, so he'll be torn – not to say that he has a say in any of this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back