Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely stoked about this. Not only because he's a top bloke around the club and wanted but also now, we'll have plenty of small frwd choices to select from come second half of the season.
Bruest, Gunston, Ginni, Watson , Moore , Chol, Lewis and now chad looks as good as any frwd line in the comp on paper as there is. What a great job by everyone involved in the list building process at Hawthorn. In one off season, we've doubled our genuine frwd options after getting the midfield and defence sorted. Now, if only both blanck and Denver could cement spots in our best 23!

Absolutely stoked about this. Not only because he's a top bloke around the club and wanted but also now, we'll have plenty of small frwd choices to select from come second half of the season.
Bruest, Gunston, Ginni, Watson , Moore , Chol, Lewis and now chad looks as good as any frwd line in the comp on paper as there is. What a great job by everyone involved in the list building process at Hawthorn. In one off season, we've doubled our genuine frwd options after getting the midfield and defence sorted. Now, if only both blanck and Denver could cement spots in our best 23!
We rebuilt the midfield last year, the fwd line this year and have put most of the work in on the backline previously.

We could still do with a Roughead/Hale and a Lake/Mew - but maybe they’re not coming, and I trust Mitchell and team to get this group to the finals in the next 24 months.

So its all done. Should be cherry ripe for the finals. But can he get back in the team because I expect Watson and Ginnivan will be killing it next season?

If he's fit and in his best form there are going to be players to make way. He can do things no-one else on the list has shown they can at this point in proceedings.

Not ruling anybody out. But he was clearly among our best when he was playing well this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarkson, interfering in the life of an Indigenous player, no... but he was on the open market! Of course. Fair game, it is all about winning so it all makes sense... if only North actually won.

I’m impressed if this is entirely player welfare. Good on us for doing it. I think he can play again though.

This probably sounds silly, but is there any chance a longer period off to rehab the achilles might also give him an opportunity to strengthen some of the other soft tissues that have been failiing him a bit? I know it's not chronic, but from memory its a couple of times a season he tweaks/pulls something.

Any thougts sven_inc?

I read today somewhere that he was still recovering from a 'severe achilles injury' so I'm wondering exactly how severe is severe?
I thought he was slated to come back after the bye in 2024. Anyone know if that's still the case?

I read today somewhere that he was still recovering from a 'severe achilles injury' so I'm wondering exactly how severe is severe?
I thought he was slated to come back after the bye in 2024. Anyone know if that's still the case?
Hawthorn Head of Footy Rob McCartney was on The Run Home with Andy & Gazey yesterday, and he said Chad was actually ahead of schedule in his recovery.

Listen here:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back