Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Connor MacDonald! Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a goal so it doesn't matter, but reckon Lewis was a due a handball on this one
Think it was Jars telling him to head for home.

That goal running back with the flight was way higher level than he made it look. Super brave, but then super skillful to avoid a collision and take the mark, and keep moving into the goal mouth.

So many players would have marked and taken the collision.

He's just a level above most AFL players in the skill and class stakes, and plenty tough to boot. Best thing about it is, he and Butler are almost clones of each other. Going to be a lot of fun watching them do this kind of thing for the next decade or more.

Seeing him in the flesh made the Robbie Gray comparison standout a lot more IMO.

I thought we had drafted a solid, ball winning midfielder but CMac has plenty of other weapons.

Was surprised to see after the game that he only registered 13 disposals. Felt like he was far more prolific than that. I've had that same feeling in multiple games this year with him where I'm shocked he's had less than 15 disposals.

Can't quite put my finger on why either. Might be the team-high 7 tackles? Might just be bobbing up and doing a lot of noticeable things? Or he might just be around the action a lot without actually ending up with the ball? Maybe a combination of all of the above. Either way once he starts getting more of it he'll be an absolute force.

Type of player I could see having a 20 & 3 season one day.

Was surprised to see after the game that he only registered 13 disposals. Felt like he was far more prolific than that. I've had that same feeling in multiple games this year with him where I'm shocked he's had less than 15 disposals.

Can't quite put my finger on why either. Might be the team-high 7 tackles? Might just be bobbing up and doing a lot of noticeable things? Or he might just be around the action a lot without actually ending up with the ball? Maybe a combination of all of the above. Either way once he starts getting more of it he'll be an absolute force.

Its the bright boots :p

Nah, I've had the same thoughts too. I think its just that he consistently does something good and we just keep going back to those good things.

It’s because his touches are damaging, something very rare in our midfield over the last 5 years

For me it's that he's always finding space between the arks when no-one else has... just feels like he sees the game so well.

Just class with and without the footy. Serious talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Connor MacDonald! Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back