Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Connor MacDonald! Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Over the first eight rounds he was averaging 1.38 tackles.

Over the next thirteen games he's been averaging 3.38 tackles.

He visibly started working harder around the contest and up the ground, which is reflected in the stats (also coincides with our improved form).

It's up to 3.6 now from round nine onwards.

Both the offensive and defensive side of the game has clicked for him.

Took a couple of great contested grabs today which is something I hadn't seen a whole heap of beforehand. He's adding more facets to his game and possesses a decent amount of X factor.

Be very interesting where he'd be slotted in a re-ranked draft! Top 5?

Took a couple of great contested grabs today which is something I hadn't seen a whole heap of beforehand. He's adding more facets to his game and possesses a decent amount of X factor.

That was a hell of a draft, I'd definitely have Daicos, Darcy, JHF, Mac Andrew and Finn Callaghan ahead of him in a redraft still.

Would definitely be in the next band though with Wanganeen-Milera, Rachele, Van Rooyen, Amiss, Lohman and Roberts.

I think the top 5 would stay as is, he'd be in the top 10 though along with NWM, Amiss and Soligo

And Mitch Owens at the Saints. Agree very strong draft. CMAC plays with great energy.

Don't think there is a player in the competition who frustrates me as much as Owens at the moment.

Some weeks he looks like the next Fyfe.
Other weeks looks like current day Gary Rohan.

Needs to bridge the gap between his best and worst, much like Croc has already achieved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much of footy talk is about can this player be a centre square mid but they don't have to be, his skillset is as a hard running, ahead of the ball linkman and he does it superbly.

Well done him, he continues to improve.

Loves the group selfie too.

Rozee spent a lot of time in the role before becoming a permanent mid last season.

I can see a similar trajectory with CMac. Robbie Gray and Higgins before him.

Rozee spent a lot of time in the role before becoming a permanent mid last season.

I can see a similar trajectory with CMac. Robbie Gray and Higgins before him.
He always reminded me of Rozee but in the end what split makes him more dangerous?

The blokes we have there in the coalface get the job done but our half forwards go to work and that's some of our USP.

It's an interesting watch, we win both ways, if he keeps playing his current role to this level or better then great, if he goes into CB and comes running out the front with it then even better.

It really is baffling how this guy doesn't get talked about more in the media.

I guess they're too busy laying the groundwork of legacy building for mediocre players from other clubs.

Watch him be one of the youngest players to reach 100 games before they really notice him.

Personified class last night. He's our rolls-Royce. I think he's most damaging floating between the arcs and having the licence to go forward. Has a natural eye for goal. Has the ability to play full time mid but don't know if that's the best use of his skill set.

It really is baffling how this guy doesn't get talked about more in the media.

I guess they're too busy laying the groundwork of legacy building for mediocre players from other clubs.

Watch him be one of the youngest players to reach 100 games before they really notice him.
Let them talk about all the others .

A lot of our guys Croc being example number 1 are underrated on the outside because they aren't the 'high end' pick .

We have around 6-8 consistent high performing players like that . It's a joy to see and hopefully everyone continues to focus on those high pick players 🙂

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Connor MacDonald! Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back