Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Dylan Moore. Extends to 2026! Plays 100th game in the 2024 second semi-final

Remove this Banner Ad

He wasn't when we picked him up, he's showing that Sammy Mitchell work rate and intent.
Let's also wait to see him reproduce it in a few more games. I'm excited, but tempered. Everyone can have a day with sticky hands. It's producing this consistently that will propel him to the next level.

Even a week or two ago we were all bemoaning him missing a bunch of shots at goal. Had Hanrahan not tied up the scores, and had we not won in extra time, he would not have had the kudos from this week, and he would be flying under the radar. Footy can be a fun game :)

Let's also wait to see him reproduce it in a few more games. I'm excited, but tempered. Everyone can have a day with sticky hands. It's producing this consistently that will propel him to the next level.

Even a week or two ago we were all bemoaning him missing a bunch of shots at goal. Had Hanrahan not tied up the scores, and had we not won in extra time, he would not have had the kudos from this week, and he would be flying under the radar. Footy can be a fun game :)

I'm not saying he will be as good as Sam Mitchell, just saying that he's an absolute footy fanatic and seems committed to get the most out of himself he possibly can. A real student of the game from all his interviews.

I'm not saying he will be as good as Sam Mitchell, just saying that he's an absolute footy fanatic and seems committed to get the most out of himself he possibly can. A real student of the game from all his interviews.
Sorry - wasn't aimed at you, more just the number of extremely upbeat posts after one great breakout game. I sure hope he takes that passion and keeps building a career on it. I just reckon it's too early to make too big a call just yet.

He will enjoy Sam’s tutelage next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will enjoy Sam’s tutelage next year.

This is so huge imo.

Any player who buys into Mitchell's philosophy and work ethic/ manic devotion to improvement will develop, you can take it to the bank. Just a matter of how effectively he can get them to buy in.

No idea exactly how talented our younger portion of the list really is, but certain this will make it more so. As a player, Mitchell was a self-development technician.

This is so huge imo.

Any player who buys into Mitchell's philosophy and work ethic/ manic devotion to improvement will develop, you can take it to the bank. Just a matter of how effectively he can get them to buy in.

No idea exactly how talented our younger portion of the list really is, but certain this will make it more so. As a player, Mitchell was a self-development technician.

Expct the Harry Morrison story will resonate with many of the young guys.

Did a huge pre-season, very committed, kept asking for feedback and ended up playing most of the year at AFL level, which most would probably agree was very unexpected.

Hoping that Worps, Cuz, Hanrahan, Moore, Glass, Miles, etc all follow suit.

Let's keep the lid on people. Lovell kicked 5 in a match two years back, and we're still waiting...

Expct the Harry Morrison story will resonate with many of the young guys.

Did a huge pre-season, very committed, kept asking for feedback and ended up playing most of the year at AFL level, which most would probably agree was very unexpected.

Hoping that Worps, Cuz, Hanrahan, Moore, Glass, Miles, etc all follow suit.

From what I am told, this kid will not leave any stone unturned. Already close with Jaeger.

This is so huge imo.

Totally agree, you only have to look at the work he has done with West Coasts midfield and listen to them say how much they will miss him after only 2 years there. It shows how much quality the bloke has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Dylan Moore. Extends to 2026! Plays 100th game in the 2024 second semi-final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back