Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Josh Ward. Extends to 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Total pro already at his age. Always looking at his watch at training when doing running drills very meticulous with everything he does. Will definitely get the best out of himself ……. at dinner make sure you get to squeeze the lemon before he does 😄
Never seen him attack the ball like that. He was ferocious.

He’s starting take the pressure on himself now.

Go back and watch the Cats game, early in the third, gets the ball chipped to him at CHF and has a player stream passed him, he instead fakes to handball and then dumps it to the most dangerous player in our forward half, Chol, who marks truly and goals.

Loved his work even as a junior. Just wait for another 12 months . He is a out and out inside mid and in time he will take that role and make it his. McKenzie the same
Sesame Street Fainting GIF

Some bloody stupid comments at half time in the game day thread.

"VFL standard"
"Wasted pick 7"

That second half really shut those campaigners up! Thought he was great. His kicks to Hardwick are what started our comeback.
Funny thing was, he wasn't at all bad in the first half. It's amazing how many 4-year-olds are allowed to post on bigfooty. I thought you had to be 13 to get an account.

Aside from giving the team a real lift, one thing caught my eye.

Was either in the 3rd quarter or last, he put on the jets coming off the HFF and slipped a Collingwood player (Can't recall who it was) who I'd have bet every cent in my bank account was much quicker than Ward.

I've never seen him do that, or look like being able to do that. Did a pretty good impersonation of Mark Naley from 80s Pig's Arse teams.

Adding that to everything else he has lifts him to elite at his best, if he can repeat it across a game.

Aside from giving the team a real lift, one thing caught my eye.

Was either in the 3rd quarter or last, he put on the jets coming off the HFF and slipped a Collingwood player (Can't recall who it was) who I'd have bet every cent in my bank account was much quicker than Ward.

I've never seen him do that, or look like being able to do that. Did a pretty good impersonation of Mark Naley from 80s Pig's Arse teams.

Adding that to everything else he has lifts him to elite at his best, if he can repeat it across a game.
Was Jack Crisp

Then hit dimma

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack's not slow either. Was an eyebrow rising moment.
I couldn't remember his name when I posted, but my recollection of Crisp is that he's quick enough to tear teams open on the burst. It was around 5:30am my time on a Sunday morning when this happened, suddenly I was wide awake.

It was traditionally a moment when Ward has been tackled and pinged for HTB.

But that first step or two he took when he put on the jets included a slip move where he cut inboard at the same time. Crisp just couldn't produce the pace or that stride.

Last edited:
I couldn't remember his name when I posted, but my recollection of Crisp is that he's quick enough to tear teams open on the burst. It was around 5:30am my time on a Sunday morning when this happened, suddenly I was wide awake.

It was traditionally a moment when Ward has been tackled and pinged for HTB.

But that first step or two he took when he put on the jets included a slip move where he cut inboard at the same time. Crisp just couldn't produce the pace or that stride.

He has shown that ability at TAC level. I think it's simply a confidence thing with Ward, and once he feels like he belongs then we'll see it more often.

He has shown that ability at TAC level. I think it's simply a confidence thing with Ward, and once he feels like he belongs then we'll see it more often.

Definitely looks like he's had a confidence glitch that translates into an awareness issue when he worries what he's going to do. No time to second guess yourself at AFL level.

Again I hope this is the beginning of a change, it will speed up the old rebuild so much with both he and CamMac coming on at once.

Last edited:
The earlier posts in this thread from a Crow poster saying Ward is a worry, while talking up Pedlar. 🥴

IMG_5468.jpeg

Fwiw i would never take Pedlar over Ward, but dont they play totally different positions? The stats possibly skewed also thought he got subbed injured a few weeks back probably played less than half a game from memory.
Hey, hey, ease up mate, we don't want the Crows lurkers to get some crazy ideas that Pedlar actually is better than Ward because he might have missed a quarter or two. You'll end up in a straight jacket if you keep that up around here. ;)

Fwiw i would never take Pedlar over Ward, but dont they play totally different positions? The stats possibly skewed also thought he got subbed injured a few weeks back probably played less than half a game from memory.
You’re right, but the poster in question was also suggesting that Ward wasn’t a midfielder, while Pedlar was…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back