Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Josh Ward. Extends to 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Best game he's played for us.. by a distance.
I know he's had a few better games disposal wise, but i thought last night so many of his disposals had a real influence... i think he had 2 or 3 really nice kicks inside 50, and then some of his hands around congestion were better than i can remember ever seeing from him.

22 disposals, 9 tackles, 5 clearances, 5 score involvements in just 64% TOG..

Cant wait to see where those numbers are when he's up in the high 70% for % TOG.

So impressed by Ward's game.

I had the displeasure of attending the round 5 loss against Gold Coast. Ward wasn't alone in having an off game, but there was a particular contest right in front of me where his lack of physicality was poor to say the least, the low point of his season.

To see him go to back to Box Hill, put in consistent performances, then get the call up with McKenzie getting injured and grab his opportunity with both hands is a credit to him.

An example to his team mates, put in the work and the results will follow. So pleased for him, the pieces and talent was always there, last night showed when he puts it together he can be an influential player in big games.

So impressed by Ward's game.

I had the displeasure of attending the round 5 loss against Gold Coast. Ward wasn't alone in having an off game, but there was a particular contest right in front of me where his lack of physicality was poor to say the least, the low point of his season.

To see him go to back to Box Hill, put in consistent performances, then get the call up with McKenzie getting injured and grab his opportunity with both hands is a credit to him.

An example to his team mates, put in the work and the results will follow. So pleased for him, the pieces and talent was always there, last night showed when he puts it together he can be an influential player in big games.
We must have been sitting quite close to each other.

Dom will be unbearable if Wardy keeps playing like this!

Ill Allow It GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange he had so little game time. Did he have an extended period off? Or just longer rotations?
Had low time on ground in the first and third quarters. Rather than playing with four main rotations we seemed to go with the main 3 with Ward rotating in when one needed a break.

Also enabled him to go flat out when he was out there.

Well played Chadly. Rose colored glasses.

Anything else
Ward was not a match winner last night, but he played a very solid game in a tough final.

Thatā€™s all.

He made mistakes.
Everybody did.

But he also stood up under pressure to do some good things. Yiu canā€™t take that away from the lad.

Had a good game. But also had some horrendous moments - letā€™s keep it real
I can't think of too many horrendous moments? Morrison kicked it straight to Treloar, Frost kicked it straight to Naughton, both ended in goals and I still consider them to have had great games. Did Ward have any that directly contributed to goals?

Wow, the abject misery somebody must be living with to shit on an under the pump player who turned in a finals performance like that and then act snide to fellow supporters not even 24 hours after a win like that. I can be a cantankerous prick and Iā€™m still riding the high - genuinely feel for those who arenā€™t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Josh Ward. Extends to 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back