Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Lachie Bramble - delisted 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys must have a lot of talent in the running halfback department to let someone like Bramble go. Ahead of Caleb Daniel and JJ and only slightly behind Dale. Just an outright jet.
We do. We’re loaded with them. I was disappointed to see him go though, even though I understood. He certainly showed glimpses of his talent with us (for a while there were plenty of Hawks fans who were pretty excited about him). It’s good to see his improvement and greater consistency this year. He was late to AFL, in hindsight seems like he had plenty of development left in him. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out at one club and the next is the beneficiary. Anyway, I’m happy to see him playing so well for the Dogs. Wish him every success.

You guys must have a lot of talent in the running halfback department to let someone like Bramble go. Ahead of Caleb Daniel and JJ and only slightly behind Dale. Just an outright jet.
Unfortunately when he was with us he would absolutely torch the ball and could barely defend. At least at the dogs he is allowed to purely attack and not defend.

His disposal could be absolutely diabolical sometimes though.

I wish him no ill will.

But am going to piss myself laughing when he absolutely poops his pants and turns it over repeatedly when he can’t just focus on running forward with the ball in hand and no pressure.

He was given every opportunity by Sam and the coaches but failed the pressure test.

we have more than enough younger versions of Bramble.

I wish him no ill will.

But am going to piss myself laughing when he absolutely poops his pants and turns it over repeatedly when he can’t just focus on running forward with the ball in hand and no pressure.

He was given every opportunity by Sam and the coaches but failed the pressure test.

Finals will be a big test for him. Interesting to see how he goes.

Finals will be a big test for him. Interesting to see how he goes.
Glad he’s making the most of it and is suited to your game style. He’s had a great year.

We’re certainly not missing him as others have said but it’s worked out well for both parties.

Very happy to see Bramble succeed elsewhere.

Funny reading Hawks fans dump on him for his deficiencies when the Bulldogs clearly see value in his strengths.
Sounds a bit like Essendon fans go on about 'soft' D'Ambrosio.

D'Ambrosio is the superior player IMO and with so much more improvement in him, but the point still stands.

I wish him no ill will.

Please read your second paragraph…..

Then go back and read your first one.

Just as we have done very well in taking fringe players from elsewhere in Ginnivan, Chol and D'Ambrosio, the dogs have done very well with Bramble. Sometimes a new environment just works for a variety of reasons. Bramble is playing much better footy than he ever did at Hawthorn and good luck to him.

Very happy to see Bramble succeed elsewhere.

Funny reading Hawks fans dump on him for his deficiencies when the Bulldogs clearly see value in his strengths.
Sounds a bit like Essendon fans go on about 'soft' D'Ambrosio.

D'Ambrosio is the superior player IMO and with so much more improvement in him, but the point still stands.

I’m merely laughing at the ‘he’s a jet’ call. It’s my favourite phenomen among Aussie Rules supporters ‘X is a jet/gun’ when X is a very handy/serviceable player and nothing but. No shame in being a serviceable player at this level - but Lachie Bramble isn’t remotely a jet.

Just as we have done very well in taking fringe players from elsewhere in Ginnivan, Chol and D'Ambrosio, the dogs have done very well with Bramble. Sometimes a new environment just works for a variety of reasons. Bramble is playing much better footy than he ever did at Hawthorn and good luck to him.
Worked for Doc, our highly decorated servant, too!!!

I liked Lachie a lot. He showed great potential many times. Hope he continues to go well!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worked for Doc, our highly decorated servant, too!!!

I liked Lachie a lot. He showed great potential many times. Hope he continues to go well!!!

I think Doc is a bit different - Bramble was delisted. Doc just took a better offer as a free agent - he was still a best 22 player and has just won 2 flags with us.

I think Doc is a bit different - Bramble was delisted. Doc just took a better offer as a free agent - he was still a best 22 player and has just won 2 flags with us.
Yeah, I see your point. But he was also not playing as well as he had been in those years (IMO--just lost that hardness), so a new environment was calling.

Anyway, all moot but I do love seeing guys from our previous lists do well. Is Ned Long still getting a game at Pies? :)

I think he's playing the same level of footy at a better side tbh.

I'm very happy Lachie has found his spot at the Doggies. A bit like Harry Morrison this year he was too good a player to be playing Box Hill, the fit just wasn't right for him at the Hawks.

Makes me wonder what other fringe 22 players we have will be playing senior footy at other clubs next year on a regular basis?

At a guess I think Morrison, Finn and Husthwaithe could be pretty good chances to leave and play quite a bit of senior footy for another club in 2025 (I think we will try and keep Serong around).

I’m merely laughing at the ‘he’s a jet’ call. It’s my favourite phenomen among Aussie Rules supporters ‘X is a jet/gun’ when X is a very handy/serviceable player and nothing but. No shame in being a serviceable player at this level - but Lachie Bramble isn’t remotely a jet.
There's only one person to consult on questions of players' 'jetness' or otherwise.

The Poster Formerly Known as Dom

Dewyyyyy, what say you on the Jetness of Bramble?

At a guess I think Morrison, Finn and Husthwaithe could be pretty good chances to leave and play quite a bit of senior footy for another club in 2025 (I think we will try and keep Serong around).

Hustwaite is contracted through to 2026 - I don't think he is going anywhere.

Yeah, I see your point. But he was also not playing as well as he had been in those years (IMO--just lost that hardness), so a new environment was calling.

Anyway, all moot but I do love seeing guys from our previous lists do well. Is Ned Long still getting a game at Pies? :)
Ned Long has the turning circle of a boat.

My bulldogs nuffy mate was pulling his hair out about bramble earlier in the season. I still reckon he isn't up to it and time will be the judge of that.

Kosi had heart and effort but he's not AFL standard and its showing. I haven't seen anything previously or now from Long to suggest he is different.

Good luck to them all and hope they carve out as good a career as they can but there is nothing that suggests we've cut pieces of hte premiership puzzle, even the depth players you need to get there.

Neither Long, Bramble or Koschitzke are getting games for Hawthorn, pretty irrelevant and there’s a reason they were delisted and replaced.

That’s the beauty of player movement. Conversely, Calsher wouldn’t be getting a game the dogs, and probably not Collingwood or Richmond. But we’re loving his input. Great to see the way that different players can plug in in different contexts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Lachie Bramble - delisted 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back