Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Same listed height (198cm) but Lewis about 10kg lighter (according to info that's probably out of date).

Hawkins is very thick through the lower body and legs which has always made him hard to move on the ground (ie. he's heavy and got a low centre of gravity). Lewis seems to be filling out more evenly based on photos of this season. I don't think he'll be a Hawkins style key forward though.
Hawkins pretty much stands alone in terms of his thickness. Very solid joints.

Mitch Lewis doesn't quite have that, but he has the height and he's thick through the shoulders and the hips.

Same listed height (198cm) but Lewis about 10kg lighter (according to info that's probably out of date).

Hawkins is very thick through the lower body and legs which has always made him hard to move on the ground (ie. he's heavy and got a low centre of gravity). Lewis seems to be filling out more evenly based on photos of this season. I don't think he'll be a Hawkins style key forward though.
He's def taller than Hawkins imo, i think that he'd be 200, looks similar in stature to Big Boy, he's still athletic, good below his knees and so on but his overall size and mass and brute strength to go with his really really good hands have improved heaps. His wing span would be heaps bigger to he is a very lanky arms type operator.

He's def taller than Hawkins imo, i think that he'd be 200, looks similar in stature to Big Boy, he's still athletic, good below his knees and so on but his overall size and mass and brute strength to go with his really really good hands have improved heaps. His wing span would be heaps bigger to he is a very lanky arms type operator.
Also could be wrong but Hawkins just looks stubby, because he's so big. If he's only 103 as listed he's def not that tall. Because Lewis came into pre season at 100 or 105 think Hale said that or something (had to get rid of a little of it but still.)

Lewis kicking 8 be like…
Keanu Reeves Matrix GIF

Maybe more of a Tom Lynch type.

Also could be wrong but Hawkins just looks stubby, because he's so big. If he's only 103 as listed he's def not that tall. Because Lewis came into pre season at 100 or 105 think Hale said that or something (had to get rid of a little of it but still.)
Tummy is most definitely heavier than 103. I'm 188 and 100 kegs, I stood next to him one day, my partner of the time said he made me look small, and not many people make me look small. I don't know why, but clubs understate the weight of certain players on their lists.

Porkins would be 110-12 at least.

Hawkins is a huge man. 103 would be surprising but the ‘stubby’ comment is pretty inaccurate imo. His physique the last couple years has been the best he’s had his entire career, looks shredded

The whole ‘porkins’ thing is kinda in the past aside from having a laugh

Hawkins is a huge man. 103 would be surprising but the ‘stubby’ comment is pretty inaccurate imo. His physique the last couple years has been the best he’s had his entire career, looks shredded

The whole ‘porkins’ thing is kinda in the past aside from having a laugh
No no i mean he's so big that even at his height he looks shorter because of the pure size of him, if that makes sense?

Come on, Dom... 198cm, 200cm... It's 2cm. That's barely a perceptible difference even if they stood barefoot back to back on a hard floor while you compared them.

Tummy is most definitely heavier than 103. I'm 188 and 100 kegs, I stood next to him one day, my partner of the time said he made me look small, and not many people make me look small. I don't know why, but clubs understate the weight of certain players on their lists.

Porkins would be 110-12 at least.
And some HUGE hands :tearsofjoy:

1644323549040.png

Come on, Dom... 198cm, 200cm... It's 2cm. That's barely a perceptible difference even if they stood barefoot back to back on a hard floor while you compared them.
It's just the way they look, rather than genuine height. If you put them back to back it wouldn't be much difference but what i mean is if you're looking at them on tv or something.

It's just the way they look, rather than genuine height. If you put them back to back it wouldn't be much difference but what i mean is if you're looking at them on tv or something.
Vertical vs horizontal stripes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love his comment that he has underperformed. That is putting your hand up and taking ownership. Seems to.have matured in body and mind. Has ability. Going to be exciting to watch. Def is a player that can lift the team with his actions.

I love his comment that he has underperformed. That is putting your hand up and taking ownership. Seems to.have matured in body and mind. Has ability. Going to be exciting to watch. Def is a player that can lift the team with his actions.
Good point. I too was really pleased when he took ownership of his past performances. As long as you use it as incentive it's the fastest way to improve.

Been a Hawk fanatic since 1978...but I struggle to remember a more exciting rebuild / draft / pre season. The training reports have also been super. 👍

He's far more confident with the extra size.

I reckon he lost confidence in his shoulder post surgery last year.
It's a really good point. He has had injury hold his physical development back pretty much his whole career so far...until this preseason. The fact he was in the gym way before they were due back speaks volumes of his new focus. It's interesting to think whether he feels free since Clarko left or whether this is a dedication to Clarko who was a big supporter but was never going to.be there for his best.

Looks like a man now, just looks like he will turn up each week now
Agreed.

Not saying 23 is a magical number but 18-22 tends to still a very immature time for many in life. Seems like he’s grown up a level. I suspect he’s got some gratitude and he’s grown up wanting to pay it back to those who have and will continue to support him. Go Mitch!

Looks like a man now, just looks like he will turn up each week now
Sam mentions this in the post game presser, and his mentality to continually present.

Something I've wanted from Lewis ever since he strapped on the boots was a genuine 4 quarter performance.

He's grown so much not only physically but mentally over the last 6 months. All between the ears and an angry Mitch Lewis is going to rip some sides apart this year.

Hope we can get 40 goals out of him as a bench mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back