Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

jizz in my pants GIF

In his press conference today, Sam Mitchell said the issue with his other knee is still apparent. Pushed the return date out to Rounds 7 or 8, as opposed to 6 or 7. There's been enough said about ML, but this is so frustrating.
Thanks for clearing that up I was getting confused there for a while . First the injury report said 1-2 weeks and then read that Sen had said he's had a set back until rounds 7-8 and then the club put out that which looks promising, but if it was actually Sam who said rounds 7-8 I suppose that's what it will be.

In his press conference today, Sam Mitchell said the issue with his other knee is still apparent. Pushed the return date out to Rounds 7 or 8, as opposed to 6 or 7. There's been enough said about ML, but this is so frustrating.
Sorry when you say 'issue with his other knee' could you expand on that please.

Sorry when you say 'issue with his other knee' could you expand on that please.
Hey Dipper. When he increased his training loads a couple of weeks ago there was a fluid build up in his uninjured knee (being the one he injured last year) as opposed to his injured knee (being the one he injured this year). This fluid build up has set his return date back. At first he was touted to miss a month, and now he should be available in rounds 7-8.

The knee inflation in his other one was a setback that happened a couple of weeks ago, as it was mentioned by Burge at the time.

Burge said yesterday it was more likely Round 7 than 6.

Either way, he’s about a month of training with the main group from playing, without at setbacks.

Terrible news, it was supposed to be his season and now he will likely not be hitting his stride until round 10 or so.

The knee inflation in his other one was a setback that happened a couple of weeks ago, as it was mentioned by Burge at the time.

Burge said yesterday it was more likely Round 7 than 6.

Either way, he’s about a month of training with the main group from playing, without at setbacks.
By memory Burge also added that it was more likely Round 7 than 6 as long as there were no unforeseen hiccups. We all want him back as quick as possible but none of us should want him rushed back too soon for something bad to happen. If it's round 10 then so be it but as long as those knee's are hunky dory.

Hey Dipper. When he increased his training loads a couple of weeks ago there was a fluid build up in his uninjured knee (being the one he injured last year) as opposed to his injured knee (being the one he injured this year). This fluid build up has set his return date back. At first he was touted to miss a month, and now he should be available in rounds 7-8.
Thanks mate.

I wasn't aware of that, it's a little bit concerning I guess.

It'd be great if he could just get a clear run at it.

Gee, he's moving well.
Save him up & unleash for Finals!

That's odd. The Age this morning says he's had a big setback...

Lewis suffers injury setback​

Jon Pierik

Hawthorn coach Sam Mitchell has revealed that key forward Mitch Lewis will be sidelined for longer than first thought.

Lewis, 24, had been listed as being out for another one or two weeks as he recovers from the anterior cruciate ligament sprain, but it emerged yesterday that Lewis also has an issue with his other knee.

‘‘His knee that he has had his ACL sprain on is coming along nicely and is in a good position, but his other knee is causing him a little bit of trouble, which he is probably around [round] seven or eight now, at best,’’ Mitchell said.

Lewis was initially hurt during match simulation at La Trobe University in January.

His absence, and the poor form of Jacob Koschitzke, has meant the Hawks have had to go with a patchwork forward line. Lewis booted 37 goals from 15 games last year, but missed the final three rounds due to a jarred knee, the same knee he injured in January.

That's odd. The Age this morning says he's had a big setback...

Lewis suffers injury setback​

Jon Pierik

Hawthorn coach Sam Mitchell has revealed that key forward Mitch Lewis will be sidelined for longer than first thought.

Lewis, 24, had been listed as being out for another one or two weeks as he recovers from the anterior cruciate ligament sprain, but it emerged yesterday that Lewis also has an issue with his other knee.

‘‘His knee that he has had his ACL sprain on is coming along nicely and is in a good position, but his other knee is causing him a little bit of trouble, which he is probably around [round] seven or eight now, at best,’’ Mitchell said.

Lewis was initially hurt during match simulation at La Trobe University in January.

His absence, and the poor form of Jacob Koschitzke, has meant the Hawks have had to go with a patchwork forward line. Lewis booted 37 goals from 15 games last year, but missed the final three rounds due to a jarred knee, the same knee he injured in January.
I could be wrong but I reckon that's the previous article that is pointing to the fluid build up in his other knee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting what the club does. We know it's not about win-loss this year.

I'd play him round 9 tbh. Stuff playing him on Marvels deck or travelling to Perth.

Two weeks at Box Hill and let him find fitness and touch. No rush.

Interesting what the club does. We know it's not about win-loss this year.

I'd play him round 9 tbh. Stuff playing him on Marvels deck or travelling to Perth.

Two weeks at Box Hill and let him find fitness and touch. No rush.
He will play round 7 as it is they have held him back as he wants to play this week

If Ramma comes in for round 6 and does alright selection will be interesting. Our forward line will suddenly get a bit tall
You know… I think we’ll manage!!

A forward lineup of the following would be, to coin a phrase, delicious:

Moore | Ramsden | Greene
Bruest | Lewis | Brockman

MacDonald playing mid/fwd and Lynch off the bench as 2nd ruck.

To say I can’t wait for Lewis to be back is an understatement.

What a cracking return from Mitch. He had plenty of highlights, those hands cluncking everything, his big body making his presence felt, the small forwards eager to crumb the ball at his feet even him jogging on the spot trying g to chase was a highlight. So good to have him back and he looks formidable 1st game in. He's gonna kick a few bags this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back