Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : MSD Pick 12, Brandon Ryan, debuts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't seen much of the man play, but the highlights give a good indication that he can read the play and position himself well. I'm keen to watch BH and see how he goes. It's a solid machine Littlejohn is running at the moment so he should get some good service going forward if the weather is okay.

Pressure on Kosi to keep performing can only be a good thing for the side in general.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sneaky chance to come in this week?

I’ve heard that we will give him a look earlier than many expect.
What is there too lose. We know what Kosi brings. Chances are we get bad Kosi again this week rather than the 6 goal outlier.

I can't see it after Ryan's BH game last week but if not this week agree it might not be too far away. Got to see how he looks another level up.

Who were the speakers at ITH Mr.P?
We have gone every year but we couldn't park under the MCG this year and that made it too difficult for us to attend.
Hosted by Nat Edwards

No Andy Gowers which was very disappointing. Even more so that he didn't pre-record a message or provide a statement.

Sam Mitchell and Rob McCartney did an update of thier 2022 presentation which was enjoyable. Got the feel they beleive we will see our first spike up the ladder in 2025 (similar to what Crows are doing now). One more year at the draft, but acknowledging that the current group contains many of the next premierships, its just going to take time to develop them.
RC commented that Ryan had impressed and would play sooner rather than later. Jeka probably up against it.
RC mentioned Burge and the entire medical team was doing an excellent job, and side felt they had the fitness edge over other teams and could exploit that in second halves. Mentioned our short injury list was a key for quicker developement, i.e. players develop more if their fit and playing, rather than rehabbing

Bec Goddard was also unavailable and provided a video message that she's getting ready for next AFLW season

AFLW players were Jas Fleming, Kristy Stratton, Emily Bates and a 4th who i can't recall. They spoke well and with enthusiasm. Bates seems to be a fantastic acquisition.

AFL bokes were Moore, Newc, Day and Breust. Nothing special out of that Q&A.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back