Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be a midfielder that plays forward, isn't he? Beginning to look like it might be his true position and he obviously played quite a bit of midfield as a junior.

I think more in the style of Rioli (or recently Moore) - HFF, pushes into the 5th/6th mid role for relief or when we need an attacking spark.

Some day I'll put a post up with my thoughts about how Sammy is changing midfield roles and onball rotations - redefining player position roles. I think I can see where he's going next.

someone erection GIF

Am watching the replay again today - he's an absolute star.

First bounce of the game. Meek kicks the ball forward off the ground and the wiz barrels in at full pace with pressure right on him, scoops the ball off the ground and in the same motion hits Worps on the chest with a bullet handpass.

GOLD.

Does Sidebottom try and trip him?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don’t think so, it honestly looks like the Wiz moved past him so fast that Sidebottom’s step to stop him landed that late.

Some Road Runner vs Coyote biz, surprised Steele didn’t get spun around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given there is no one clear in front for the award, if he repeats last night every week til the end of the season, I say he wins it!

What’s the less amount of games a player has played and won it I wonder, in the past it’s been a player that was nominated in the first few rounds, as the players nominated late in the year are just token nominees.

Really glad Cornes showed the footage of the hard work Watson did to win that high free and goal on 'The Round So Far'. He was running all over the ground from a long way out. When you looked at the whole ground footage and the play leading up you can see Watto just ran harder and went to the contest with more intensity than his opponent and won a free kick because of this which was clearly there. Huddo's 'he is playing for the free kick' (which Huddo, a great/the best commentator says a lot towards our small forwards if you listen) didn't do him justice.

Last edited:
Assuming Richmond Club Hotel. A bit rich for my wallet that place ;)

I miss the days of the Karma Keg on Fridays when you could pay as little as you wanted for a pint until the keg ran dry - but proceeds went to charity.

I wanted Duursma with our fist pick.
I even preferred Curtin ahead of Watson.

But I can’t imagine this team without Watson.

I was sceptical about using a top five pick on a small forward, but he is gonna be so much more than that.

Duursma and Curtin will be fine players in time. Watson is already an elite small forward.

Great call by Sleepy and co.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back