Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

I was chatting with a mate so only saw a brief flash and haven’t had a chance to watch the replay - did the Wiz have a moment yesterday where he flew the flag and went in for his teammates despite giving up ample size and just flew into multiple oppo players? If so - kid is 170cm and 165cm of that is all heart.

How will teams cover all of Watson, Moore, Ginnivan, Macdonald and Breust (when starting) or Hardwick (when forward)?

I think your best chance is just playing a super structured systematic defence. We have struggled against sides like Geelong and Melbourne who play this way. Teams that try play off their opponent from the back half have been getting found out by our smalls.

Was Watson actually supposed to go into a centre bounce yesterday or did he put himself in there without permission 😂

How will teams cover all of Watson, Moore, Ginnivan, Macdonald and Breust (when starting) or Hardwick (when forward)?

I did enjoy McCrae's post match a bit too much. One of my favourite parts was him asking why there was a +3 at defensive stoppage and therefore they had no one to kick it too. Surely he knew the answer to that, we were destroying them at ground ball gets, and especially forward half where under crazy amounts of pressure.

Was Watson actually supposed to go into a centre bounce yesterday or did he put himself in there without permission 😂

It came as a surprise to Sammy but apparently Moore gave him permission to take over his role.

If you see Mitchell's presser he said he was on the bench and said to Will Day "Is that Nick Watson m in the centre bounce?"🤣

I think your best chance is just playing a super structured systematic defence. We have struggled against sides like Geelong and Melbourne who play this way. Teams that try play off their opponent from the back half have been getting found out by our smalls.

Mitchell said in the presser that Moore told Watson to play his role for a little bit. They "went rogue."

I reckon all the options may end up really confusing teams. Similar to Stringer or the Bont starting on the ball and then pushing deep forward, catching their midfield opponent or defenders off guard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he gets it because they have them on 360 and although Robbo is an idiot he likes razzing up the cocky types like the Wiz and it ends up getting some good value out of the interview.

The Jack Lemon character of the duo on the other hand sits there with a nauseating grin trying to create rapport with the kids and failing miserably.

I was chatting with a mate so only saw a brief flash and haven’t had a chance to watch the replay - did the Wiz have a moment yesterday where he flew the flag and went in for his teammates despite giving up ample size and just flew into multiple oppo players? If so - kid is 170cm and 165cm of that is all heart.
When Maynard elbowed Ginni in the face, the Wiz remonstrated and bowled over Maynard. Also, when Lipinski tackled Wiz, Ginni grabbed him and threw him to the ground.

These Rascal Bros have got each other's backs!

When Maynard elbowed Ginni in the face, the Wiz remonstrated and bowled over Maynard. Also, when Lipinski tackled Wiz, Ginni grabbed him and threw him to the ground.

These Rascal Bros have got each other's backs!
"But but but he's too small to play at AFL level he won't be able to handle the physical stuff"
Screenshot_20240721_223302_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240721_223314_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240721_223359_Gallery.jpg
Angus Bradshaw likes this.

Btw, not only an I over the moon with the wizard, I'd like for us to double up in this year's draft and get another Livewire small frwd. Just run rings around Oppo defences for a decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back