Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Great skills and massive football IQ more than compensated for the slim physique. He is a really smart footballer.
Like all good players he will make others look better more often than not, by giving them the ball in more advantageous positions

Midfield or not of course he will need size. I never actually said he wouldn’t add size but that what he does add wouldn’t be noticeable due to his buddy type. Guys that a long and lanky like him can actually add considerable weight that is evenly dispersed across his body but not have it be visually noticeable because they don’t have a thick chest or solid legs. What will be paramount for him though is his core strength which I’m sure has always been something the club has always focused on with our players.
Hi Bugs, just thought you should know, that while your avatar gif has never, in and of itself, fooled me, today I had an ant crawling around my screen and I ignored it for 15 minutes, having been inoculated against that sort of thing from all of your posts. :)

Hi Bugs, just thought you should know, that while your avatar gif has never, in and of itself, fooled me, today I had an ant crawling around my screen and I ignored it for 15 minutes, having been inoculated against that sort of thing from all of your posts. :)
I needed this laugh today 😂

May be my imagination, but seems to have flown under the radar a little this pre-season.

I had felt the same from the practice match and against Norf - didn't do anything wrong but just wasn't as eye catching as say Brockman or CJ. I like that others have stepped up though and that he isn't our only youthful player that's taking your attention.

Reading that has me fired up. Future captain.
This bit.

“We’ve seen glimpses of CJ this pre-season and what he can do, as well as the likes of Scrimma, Dimma Hardwick and Jarman.

Our defence has quickly taken on a new identity this summer and I think the Hawks fans will enjoy watching this new generation of defenders grow together this season and into the future.

I think, having quite a bit of youth, we’d love to use all the positives that come with that as a bit of a weapon in 2021.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you replace Luke Hodge?
You can't, but Will Day does a pretty good job of it.

Has anybody ever won the Brownlow in his second season?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back