Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

In his 12th game, day had 28d, 8 intercept possessions, 7 score involvements and 3 clearances...from half back. Wow!

so clean and composed. As I said in the other thread, he is the new hodge. Not the physical beast but the quarter back with the enormous footy iq.
With the way footy is trending i think it might be the most important role in the game as well.

In his 12th game, day had 28d, 8 intercept possessions, 7 score involvements and 3 clearances...from half back. Wow!

so clean and composed. As I said in the other thread, he is the new hodge. Not the physical beast but the quarter back with the enormous footy iq.

Tom Brady is lucky that Day does not play NFL. Both wear the same number 12!

Not sure how I could have been more sarcastic there CD... 😃
He was huge tonight. So cool under pressure.
Probably the nice IPA's I'd been celebrating with clouded my perceptions a little. Hazy Dippa, thoroughly recommended. Haven't had much to celebrate over the last 18 months, last night was the best.

Yes, he was brilliant.

Trying not to go over the top but those are superstar numbers. If you manage to have an AVG output similar to this over a season you're AA.

Days next challenge is to back up this performance against a team like Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bartel just called him an Andrew Mackie clone. Piss off Jimmy, he’s already better than him

I am interested how Will’s role develops over this season and into next season.

With his skill set I can see him playing a role similar to Shaun’s, rotating back, forward and mid.

But with a very high footy IQ and ability to intercept and rebound, maybe the new Hodge is the go.

Whatever happens, I think Will is destined to be an absolute top shelf.

The number of the Day is '12':

12 games in - kid looks like a superstar
12 years old - the age Day looks
12 - coincidentally, the number on his back
12 / 10 - how well he played last night

Doesn't quite beat Huddo screaming out 'Thirteen! Thirteen!' but that's another number for another Day.

Bartel just called him an Andrew Mackie clone. Piss off Jimmy, he’s already better than him
He looks like Mackie physically and currently plays a similar role. But he should be much better than Mackie. He is already a very very good player. The man on the mark rule change has increased his potential too. That change is perfect for him

Now I'm mentally picturing him hold up his third premiership cup as captain, with the best coloured confetti in football erupting behind him.

Crazy good. There were two players in our backline last night that when they had the ball I just felt completely at ease. Shaun Burgoyne and Will Day. The gulf in experience is huge but you wouldn't know watching them play. So composed under pressure.

Crazy good. There were two players in our backline last night that when they had the ball I just felt completely at ease. Shaun Burgoyne and Will Day. The gulf in experience is huge but you wouldn't know watching them play. So composed under pressure.
Agree, and on Shaun, he is simply a marvel.

There was a play in Q1 where he had the ball in back pocket surrounded by players. Rather than bombing long and high and likely result in a turnover, he deftly kicked the ball along the ground towards the boundary, with just enough force to allow teammates to chase after it and avoid being called a deliberate.

And moments before that he beat Tippa is a one-on-one, and was very clever in making sure the ball spilled towards the boundary and not goal-side.

Still a very important and influential player. Love him so much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back