Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we know his official height looks nearly key position height, grown from last year
Wikipedia has him at 187cm and 70kg but I was thinking the same thing myself last night.

Looks like he might be around the 190cm mark now and definitely broader across the shoulders.

Great size for a modern day half back / wing / midfielder.

Hope he enjoyed only his 3rd ever win. Now he's 3-9.

Can we move him into the middle? Would love his smarts delivering inside 50

Still laugh when we drafted him how many posters were losing their heads that he was too skinny and wouldn't be ready for 3 years.
He was credited with a centre clearance so it must be at least part of the plan. But I don’t want to rush him in there ahead of his physical development. Needs to be able to take the hits. It is a different game getting smashed in the guts compared to being in defence and on the wing etc.

Still laugh when we drafted him how many posters were losing their heads that he was too skinny and wouldn't be ready for 3 years.
Yeah hilarious that people can get things wrong on an opinion forum.

That's the baffling part. I lost count of how many times I repeated that you don't take someone in the first round if they need 3 years of development, if kids are good enough they'll play.

Credit to Will, He's going superbly, and I think we can lock in the following during his career.
1. Crimmins Medallist.
2. All Australian.
3. Club Captain.
4. Premiership Captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uninspired by this pick. Feel like we've blown a chance to get an elite talent such as Kemp or Robertson.

Just had to bring this one up.

Kemp has played zero games.
Robertson 1.

Day came fifth in the rising star and has shown on the weekend he can be a genuine match saver and winner.

Rule here is no more judging draft picks the day of the draft.

How do you know this? Have got a crystal ball 🔮
Just being realistic. Gunston Mitchell Breust wingard o’meara are better and will be for a while. Is day even better then worpel ? Worpel already has a best and fairest and averaged 27-28 touches and carried the midfield load when titch was out.

A retrospective draft would just about have him at pick 2 as it stands

Unbelievable selection
I reckon Anderson, Jackson and Serong still get picked ahead of him at the moment by many who aren't Hawks fans, but he's coming with a bullet.

Just being realistic. Gunston Mitchell Breust wingard o’meara are better and will be for a while. Is day even better then worpel ? Worpel already has a best and fairest and averaged 27-28 touches and carried the midfield load when titch was out.
I agree that he won’t be by the end of this season but if keeps on the trajectory he’s on now then it won’t be long before the topic keeps on popping up. Just like Rowell the only thing stopping the kid would be injures.

I reckon Anderson, Jackson and Serong still get picked ahead of him at the moment by many who aren't Hawks fans, but he's coming with a bullet.
Jackson hasn’t done shit for the dees, Anderson is debatable, serong is a good talent. Day streets ahead of Jackson, probably better then Anderson as it stands and probably just better then serong atm.

Jackson hasn’t done sh*t for the dees, Anderson is debatable, serong is a good talent. Day streets ahead of Jackson, probably better then Anderson as it stands and probably just better then serong atm.
IMO Day has the highest ceiling out of anyone from that draft but the most talented is Rowell. Day could end up being anything.

Last edited:
That kick in the last two minutes to Shiels was S Mitchell like. Without that kick we lose
And the one in the third quarter where he marked in the middle of defensive 50, Tom Mitchell gave him the 'slow it down, take a breather' sign but he instantly saw Ceglar free in the middle and delivered it with perfection straight to him, which i think led to a goal. Brave man to go against the advice of Tom, but he backed himself. It's the combination of confidence in his own judgement and his ability to execute without ever looking remotely flustered. Very Hodge like.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back