Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Will become the best player from his draft by the end of the year .

Agree and wouldn’t swap him for any other young player in the game including Rowell - has that unique combination of talent, footy IQ and work ethic with a little bit of mongrel thrown in for good measure. Does remind me of a certain number 15 as others have suggested

Bartel just called him an Andrew Mackie clone. Piss off Jimmy, he’s already better than him
Jimmy needs to stick to sticking his wick into multiple partners and leave the footy talk to the adults.

It would cost nothing to hose the Gold coast off Day, because there isn't any, whereas end-your-season-before-it-starts would take a considerable hosing effort to get it all off. Imagine what O'Meara and Scrimshaw would have been if they'd come here first.

Jimmy needs to stick to sticking his wick into multiple partners and leave the footy talk to the adults.

Agree, and I am really over the whole “jobs for the boys” when it comes to commenting. Comments like this from Bartel are just embarrassing yet most of his so called “expert” colleagues would agree with him

I am really over the whole “jobs for the boys” when it comes to commenting.

Hit, nail and head in that sentence Noel. The completely miserable quality of commentary will continue until they start looking outside retired boneheads. Or at least until they find an ex player who is a super high quality performer.

The main problem is that all of our commentators barrack on the job, imo.

The best sports guy in the world right now is a former wide receiver from the Cincinnati Bengals who is calm and insightful. His personality and brain are big enough to make him enjoyable to listen to.

We get screaming belters who pretend they're looking at something we can't see, and they think describing it at high volume makes for good commentary.

Anthony Hudson, Brian Taylor etc. were great on radio when you couldn't see what they could. But on TV we can see exactly what they can ffs. We don't need it explained live at high volume, give us something we can't see, or a perspective that adds to the bloody game.

Case in point... I loved Buddy kicking 13 for us down in Tassie against North. But that belter yelling the number out over and over when we all knew what number that last goal was isn't exactly scintillating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be our best player by seasons end. Freak.
Talk on the telecast last night that those inside HFC already think this.

Then it’s a great result and his development is quicker then expected to be better then a Brownlow medalist, and multiple AAs players in Breust Gunston wingard. People just need to be realistic, very low chance he is our best player by the end of the season.
I think he has more chance then any to be, only wingard might be able to leap frog mitchell. Until then Mitchell holds the mantle

Talk on the telecast last night that those inside HFC already think this.
I think someone could make a convincing argument that he is now. But give it a month and Day may just make it himself through his performances.

HAWKSBESTEVA Gunston, Mitchell sure and Sicily as well. The others hmmmmm.....
I somewhat agree with SSSSSS if he keeps his current trajectory going. He just seems to get better every game.

But to be completely reasonable as a 2nd year player if day gives us 3 or 4 more games like last night I'd give him a tick for the year.

It's a shame Day played one to many games to be eligible for the Rising Star, be red hot favourite with a potential knee injury to Rowell.
It's silly that he isn't eligible. One game too many but he's so bloody good despite being just a second year player.

I am very glad he is not eligible for the RS.

It is a seriously overrated award and one I’m glad isn’t going to be a discussion point around Day.

Will win many many more important awards over his career

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back