Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 19: Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheesh Pendles has a pretty fair kit bag....

Agreed, he's the one that got away in the Ellis draft. But man, Burton can hot step and take off, with the same level of poise Pendles had in his first year, maybe even his first two years.

I've not been as excited about anyone since I started to watch Cyril grow into 2008. That was a hell of an exciting year too, but Cyril leapt out at me in the way Burton does now - only Burton has a fraction of a fraction of game time under his belt.

It's nuts that he's even in the conversation to be playing a final.

I just watched the replay of West Coast versus Hawthorn Burton didn't do much in the first three quarters but in the last quarter it looked like they moved him to halfback where he done quite a few nice things he has class written all over him. that might be the plan again for him this week and thats why we dropped Brand.
prophet

And 3, 5 and 15.
Surely 3 will go on for 2018 (though i agree - i have my concerns), i think 5 has the potential to do this as well.

Why not make him the 35 of all time similar to our little friend that wore 44
Some pretty decent players have worn 35 for short periods of time - G.Ablett, Roughead and Birchall
Let Burton keep it and make it his :)

Surely 3 will go on for 2018 (though i agree - i have my concerns), i think 5 has the potential to do this as well.

Some pretty decent players have worn 35 for short periods of time - G.Ablett, Roughead and Birchall
Let Burton keep it and make it his :)

upload_2016-8-30_12-52-45.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the story behind the no.1 guernsey e.g. why no one seems to want it?
It's for the fans. Max Bailey vacated it and took 39 which is why Woody now has it.
It's a marketing thing mostly

Scary to think that Buron was the calmest bloke on our defensive line against Collingwood and also for the second half against West Coast when he was moved there.

Our experienced and legendary back line has been terribly panicky the last month or so. Gibson and Birchall in particular should be much cooler under pressure than they have been.

Last edited:
What's the story behind the no.1 guernsey e.g. why no one seems to want it?
We are the 1's

A few fans get their feathers ruffled by the number not being available for a player.
Hmmmmm, will another famous number be available for Ryan to wear after trade time?

Fans are #1 is embarrassing.

One of the few things the club has got wrong in years...

That, the poor communication with membership and the power ranger outfit.

The football department is virtually flawless these days, including a smart recruiting strategy to swing for the fences for players like Burton when we are on top.

Hmmmmm, will another famous number be available for Ryan to wear after trade time?
Was thinking this but didn't want to be the first to say it. Poor Tim...the club obviously expected big things after bestowing that number upon him.
On another note I think Burton's form makes JOR's year look even poorer given Jono's defenders are always banging on about his lack of continuity. I dare say Jono did more training in the pre season and afaik didn't have a rod removed from his leg :eek:

Was thinking this but didn't want to be the first to say it. Poor Tim...the club obviously expected big things after bestowing that number upon him.
On another note I think Burton's form makes JOR's year look even poorer given Jono's defenders are always banging on about his lack of continuity. I dare say Jono did more training in the pre season and afaik didn't have a rod removed from his leg :eek:
If we happen to get T Mitchell & JOM, then there is a spot for JOR to work with theses guys in the midfield & Ryan rolling through the centre to add some sparkle. It could be the greatest midfield, ever! :D

That, the poor communication with membership and the power ranger outfit.

The football department is virtually flawless these days, including a smart recruiting strategy to swing for the fences for players like Burton when we are on top.

Eh, we've been good, but virtually flawless is a bit hyperbolic don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back