Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Seamus Mitchell - Pick #29 2020 ND - extends to 2025! Round 17 Rising Star!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had the ball and kicked to a solo Hawks player that at the time felt like he was in between 42 opposition players, I made a weird noise, he hit the target. In Sham we trust.

Does Seamus have a Latin meaning? I bet it’s a cool one.

I loved that run… Cameron was faster (AA speed) and would have mown-down most, but Seamus had 5 meter start and is seriously fast
More importantly Seamus hits his targets = 90%.

Seamus Mitchell will not likely be out of the Hawks best for the foreseeable future.
I reckon Mitchell is faster, Cameron was already moving when Mitchell was taking a chest mark stationary. Cameron towards the end was over striding while Mitchell was still in a solid running stride that enable him to kick accurately inside 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Mitchell is faster, Cameron was already moving when Mitchell was taking a chest mark stationary. Cameron towards the end was over striding while Mitchell was still in a solid running stride that enable him to kick accurately inside 50.
Tbf he had one where he was chasing Cameron earlier in the game and Cameron was definitely faster but boy it was a good chase

Also was easier for Cameron to chase. See Seamus try catch Seamus. But Mitchell had to run full steam knowing he was being chased, bounce, evaluate the options, lower the eyes and find an option kicking at full pace not breaking stride.

It was seriously impressive and it's just instinctive to take the game on. He has been a revelation.

Both Mitchell and Brockman have been like new recruits this year. Their trajectory has been beyond what we could have envisaged.

It’s truly astounding how quickly he has been reinvented as a defender, and then entrenched himself in the team. Will only become more damaging.
I wonder if we'll ever transition him back forward. We need pace and good decision-making there, especially when Breust retires. That being said, I can see him being like Sicily, and not spending much time up forward again.

We all love Shammy!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

mother of god shades GIF
Pop Tv Bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark
Mother Of God Omg GIF

He's great to watch. What a revelation he's proving to be.
I was all in on Max Holmes in his draft year (electric speed and good footy instincts) and was shattered when when Geelong traded up to nab him. When we took Mitchell a few picks later, I loved the look of him but like most, knew very little about him. After two years of battling injuries we finally get to see how much potential this kid has. As good a Holmes has proven to be so far, I honstly wouldn’t swap Seamus for Max Holmes

Has there been a quicker rise from debut to absolute best 22 lock? May be one or two, but to also come from someone recently delisted....woweee

Can't wait to see him play when he genuinely has confidence and takes it all on
Probably Rioli.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back