News Welcome to Hawthorn Tyrone Vickery's cats!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to make some sense.

Vickery owns restaurant.
Vickery's business partner allegedy rips him off but Vickery has no concrete proof.
Victoria Police unable to do anything without concrete proof.
Vickery knows King and his bikie mates
Asks King to help with his problem
King 'allegedly' uses standover tactics to get money back
Both arrested

Can't see enough there yet that would get him sacked from Hawthorn

Edit: Minor tidy up

Last edited:

Guys, please think before you post.

If you're just logging in just to throw shit at someone who is yet to be charged with anything, think again.

We all need to wait to hear more.

Vickery owns restaurant.
Vickery's business partner rips him off.
Victoria Police unable to do anything without full investigation etc.
Both arrested

I'll be careful about what I say in response to this post.

If it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Vickery has asked King (as is alleged) to help him recover money from a former business partner and King allegedly uses standover tactics to recover the money, then my understanding is that, as the instigator, Vickery would be as guilty as those other people who allegedly extorted the money from the alleged victim.

It's akin to hiring someone to murder your wife and you make sure you're in another location with an alibi. You don't pull the trigger but you put the events in motion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be careful about what I say in response to this post.

If it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Vickery has asked King (as is alleged) to help him recover money from a former business partner and King allegedly uses standover tactics to recover the money, then my understanding is that, as the instigator, Vickery would be as guilty as those other people who allegedly extorted the money from the alleged victim.

It's akin to hiring someone to murder your wife and you make sure you're in another location with an alibi. You don't pull the trigger but you put the events in motion.

In the big scheme of things, this stuff happens ALLLLL the time, it's simply because of their profile and Kings association with Mitchell that has got these boys done over.

Except that you don't get arrested for nothing.

There's a difference between being arrested and charged, and it's not like the police to bungle an investigation (not saying that this is the case here). There's a reason why most civilized countries, such as Australia, have a judicial system whereby those accused of crimes have their day in court and have the opportunity to be judged by a jury of their peers.

"Vickery, 27, believed a partner in his Hawthorn East Italian restaurant, Fat Monkey, stole as much as $100,000.

He raised his concerns with police, but when he was dissatisfied with the response, it is alleged he enlisted King, 33, to recover the funds."

Hmmmm.

In the big scheme of things, this stuff happens ALLLLL the time, it's simply because of their profile and Kings association with Mitchell that has got these boys done over.

Over 10 years ago, a mate of mine used to own and run a restaurant (a busy one) in Richmond for about 2 years. I reckon it took years off his life. After a stint as an economist (he completed a masters in economics at university) he decided to become a licensed second-hand dealer and now exclusively deals on eBay and the like. Keeps his entrepreneurial spirit going but without the stress of running a restaurant.

"Vickery, 27, believed a partner in his Hawthorn East Italian restaurant, Fat Monkey, stole as much as $100,000.

He raised his concerns with police, but when he was dissatisfied with the response, it is alleged he enlisted King, 33, to recover the funds."

Hmmmm.

Trouble.

Vickery owns restaurant.
Vickery's business partner rips him off.
Victoria Police unable to do anything without full investigation etc.
Both arrested

This. Aside from the full investigation bit, sounds to me (at least) that they didn't care in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back