Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Jordon Sweet

Remove this Banner Ad

That play probably sums up everything wrong with our forward setup.

We're kicking into our forward line but Ollie Lord is spoiling from behind.

Its a crippled Charlie Dixon that is then roving the loose ball and giving off a handball to a ruckman...

De Koning this week and it gets serious from here on. Grundy the week after followed by Gawn ROB and Darcy/Jackson.

Can not fault his work ethic. He's had a bit of luck go his way and he is riding it for all it is worth and could end up a very good Ruck.
Would love Matty Primus to do some work with him in the off season

Would love Matty Primus to do some work with him in the off season
I was thinking this yesterday too. His broad shoulders remind me of Matty and if he can learn to use his strength and minimise his weaknesses in the same way Matty did he could be a weapon.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was thinking this yesterday too. His broad shoulders remind me of Matty and if he can learn to use his strength and minimise his weaknesses in the same way Matty did he could be a weapon.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Now the Primus rule is gone… get Primus to mentor our biggest, closest thing to him we have had.

Is making the Soldo trade look ridiculous

Nah, Soldo was just as good if not better when he was fit at the start of the season.

Biggest challenge for both of them is what happens when they take on the real gun rucks. Soldo was beaten by Jackson and destroyed by the Dutch Milk Maid. Let's see how Sweet goes against those guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, Soldo was just as good if not better
The fact that we split a first rounder for Soldo who has been 'just as good if not better' as a guy we traded a third rounder for doesn't stop the trade from looking ridiculous.

Sweet is giving our midfield all they need for now. A consistent, competitive, strong presence around stoppage who tends to win hit outs and HO to advantage. He is adequate around the ground although his tackling after and around stoppage is excellent. I don’t think Soldo is as gritty as Sweet is. Sweet in a final would hold up stronger IMO even if he doesn’t dominate. Let’s see what he does against Grundy, Gawn and Jackson/Darcy over the next month. It could be the making of him.

Sweet is giving our midfield all they need for now. A consistent, competitive, strong presence around stoppage who tends to win hit outs and HO to advantage. He is adequate around the ground although his tackling after and around stoppage is excellent. I don’t think Soldo is as gritty as Sweet is. Sweet in a final would hold up stronger IMO even if he doesn’t dominate. Let’s see what he does against Grundy, Gawn and Jackson/Darcy over the next month. It could be the making of him.

Sweet is putting in 100%

He is absolutely maxing out the talent that he has. I think Dante is a better option but there is no way known Sweet is giving up his spot.

It's exactly what we want.

Sweet breaks even with Grundy next week it'll go a long way towards winning the game.

Grundy averages 10 more disposals around the ground and 4 more clearances a game and is elite with ground ball gets and contested possessions.

Sweet wants to make a name for himself stop Grundy.

Sweet vs Grundy will be the game within the game.

Sweet is Rocky Balboa.

Must say I’ve been happy with Sweet in recent weeks , he must’ve have looked pretty average when he played at the level with the Bullies because none of the Vic commentators seem to rate him but he’s actually building nicely, He’s physically competitive and stays focused in ground scraps , If he can work himself into good positions around the ground a bit more Ala Grundy and Gawn in particular he could become a real weapon

Sweet is putting in 100%

He is absolutely maxing out the talent that he has. I think Dante is a better option but there is no way known Sweet is giving up his spot.

It's exactly what we want.

Sweet breaks even with Grundy next week it'll go a long way towards winning the game.

Grundy averages 10 more disposals around the ground and 4 more clearances a game and is elite with ground ball gets and contested possessions.

Sweet wants to make a name for himself stop Grundy.

Sweet vs Grundy will be the game within the game.

Sweet is Rocky Balboa.
Dante is a better long term option, and is starting to really reach the level you'd hope this year in the SANFL. He's still behind Sweet though. Next year is Dante's year.

I think many of us thought this in preseason too, which is why I was critical of the club going and trading for 2 rucks. I would've just taken Sweet personally, give Hayes one more year as a break glass option. Save us losing all the draft capital we spent on Soldo. But alas, now we have a couple barriers to Visentini getting the games into himself that he will need next year.

Actually I just noticed Jordan is out of contract next year. (2025)

We might want to do something about that?

26 year old 21 games no injury concerns.

Would really like him to continue to improve between now and the end of the year. Could become a very valuable commodity.

Actually I just noticed Jordan is out of contract next year. (2025)

We might want to do something about that?

26 year old 21 games no injury concerns.

Would really like him to continue to improve between now and the end of the year. Could become a very valuable commodity.
Where does it say he signed a 2 year deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Jordon Sweet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back