Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Jordon Sweet

Remove this Banner Ad

Jordan Sweet was a life long Port supporter before he was drafted. Wanted to get home and play for his club.

Played like he was one of us last night!
My mate who used to move boxes with Sweet at a warehouse says Jordon rocked up to work a bunch of times with a Port jumper, even though he played for North Adelaide.

Yep Ross is correct. Worked with him at Metcash and he was the hardest worker as a young 18 year old. Incredible seeing a 6 foot 8 bloke running around pick packing like a 6 footer. Absolute gem of a bloke that loved port and couldn't shut up about footy.
I heard when he got the call to go to the dogs he was working and just packed his stuff up and walked out. Is that true or a furphy?

So basically what you're saying is that he's Port Adelaide.
The more of these we collect the closer we are to turning our finals record around.

JHF, Burgoyne, Sweet insertingly all mad Port fans.

Burton and Rozee would have grown up either a disdain for Port fans.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was an immense performance and I don't think he is getting anywhere near enough credit externally. Meek was a top 3 ruck this year, just behind Xerri and Gawn. However in the last 10 weeks or so, Meek has been smashing everyone and was clearly the #1 ruck during this period.

Sweet utterly destroyed him. Meek is supposed to be the monster that out bodies everyone and wins the hit outs.

After Lycett (whose effort and passion can never be questioned but he was a limited tap ruckman), it's fantastic to have a Port supporting ruckman come home who is actually a gun ruckman. Still young for a ruckman and he's grabbed his opportunity with both hands.

I read a story once that Geelong found Gary Ablett snr a job as a delivery driver, just to keep him occupied during they day. He drove the van for a bout an hour, was stuck in traffic in Geelong then decided "Stuff this", jumped out of the van and walked off. That was the end of Gary Ablett's job as a delivery driver.

I heard the manager was an absolute arseh*le so he gut punched the fella and yelled up the dawgz and walked out
I heard it was the opposite, told the Dogs he couldn’t start for a couple of weeks, needed to give two weeks notice.

Sweet's game against Meek was singled out on Footy Furnace by Lethal, Bartel and Morris. They were impressed by how he overpowered Meek who for weeks they had called the benchmark for physical ruck work.

I'm surprised more isn't being made of his knee on Meek.

I haven't seen the replay but live it looked brutal and very deliberate.

I'd be pissed if it happened the other way but loved it from Sweet who I didn't think had it in him.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Football is a combat sport and one has to do what it has to do to win! I haven’t seen a team of nice guys win. I didn’t see Hawthorn having compassion for Marshall’s head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Jordon Sweet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back