Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Rory Atkins

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually feel sorry for him. Poor guy is the butt of all jokes and has walked into a shit storm.

There's nothing against him. He probably even knows he's just a salary dump, but the heat on him and the confidence denting humiliation he's copping would be hard for anyone to take.

Ultimately it's not his fault. He's just a ridiculous trade given the value we weren't granted from him being included.
This is where i sit with it all. I'm not sure why he is getting personally attacked. His career was in serious jeopardy and Port offered him a chance to continue it, of course he was going to take that opportunity.

I have absolutely nothing against him and find this vendetta against him for something he must've done when he was at the crows bizarre. I reckon they might be referring to when he cupped his ear at the port crowd all the way back in 2016, which is such an odd grudge to hold for such a long period of time. The same night a banana was thrown at Betts from memory.

beaver-dressed-business-suit-wearing-glasses-close-up-portrait_134032-17319.jpg

I heard on SEN this morning it was Connors pushing the Ratkins idea initially how laughable is that?

My suspicion is missing out on free agents, GC being difficult & us lacking depth all played into it.
What role would Connors be doing this for? Is he working on behalf of GC or his players?
Also, using a lesser ranked player as a chess piece to help another one of his higher profile clients get what he wants is terrible.
Apparently these list managers threaten clubs that if they don't let player A move, then when player B comes up for a contract extension then they hold that against the club in that later negotiations. If true, the AFL need to step in and put a stop to that shit. It's unethical and it isn't in the best interests of all of their players.

Sounds like Port got railed roaded into taking on a player they didn't want or need, to get Luko, or to keep a player manager happy.

What role would Connors be doing this for? Is he working on behalf of GC or his players?
Also, using a lesser ranked player as a chess piece to help another one of his higher profile clients get what he wants is terrible.
Apparently these list managers threaten clubs that if they don't let player A move, then when player B comes up for a contract extension then they hold that against the club in that later negotiations. If true, the AFL need to step in and put a stop to that shit. It's unethical and it isn't in the best interests of all of their players.

Sounds like Port got railed roaded into taking on a player they didn't want or need, to get Luko, or to keep a player manager happy.

Atkins is Connors' client. This salary dump got Port pick 29 which more or less made the trade underwhelmingly palatable. Atkins had to agree to the deal though - wasn't getting a game at the Gold Coast and has strong ties to Adelaide. Hardly was strong armed into moving that's for sure.

Looking forward to the 2025 Port Adelaide BigFooty war.
Pick your sides JedHeads or RoryBoys and be prepared to defend them to the hilt

It's ok. Everyone always kisses and makes up after being unified by Sack Hinkley.

Atkins is Connors' client. This salary dump got Port pick 29 which more or less made the trade underwhelmingly palatable. Atkins had to agree to the deal though - wasn't getting a game at the Gold Coast and has strong ties to Adelaide. Hardly was strong armed into moving that's for sure.
Its not strong arming Atkins, its strong arming Port. To get the move his biggest client (in this situation) Dan Houston wants. He gets Gold Coast to agree to help Collingwood here by giving them another salary dump and potentially helping them with future Connors stable players.

For Atkins its a win-win. Now he'd likely get support in moving back to Adelaide where his wife's family is. Instead of having

The only thing it can be is that GCs cap is in a far worse situation than we know. You would think that they could manage his wage for one more year and then delist him. You also know that Port never initiated getting him to your side this year.
So it has to be a favour to either GC or Connors to give GC an extra list spot and 400-450K cap relief. But why would they?
Weakness.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Rory Atkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back