Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m alright with finishing 17/18th.

Would people seriously prefer to finish 13/14th with our list?

It’s only going back to the Richo/Delideo days that if BOTH of those guys where injured that I can remember seeing a weaker spine in the Team that’s put on the park to play.

We’ve had no established
FF
CHF
Most inexperienced midfield we’ve put out in 20years

CHB / FB
Miller has become reliable 1v1, but the flip flopping with Balta has meant there’s been stuff all continuity and connection between our KPD’s as a unit and we’re poor.

The only player in our Spine that’s been consistently on the park and consistently better than average is Nank.

I don’t know if Yze is a great coach but I’m not gonna judge him on this year.

Ross is the only one of them who is competitive
Again it's not necessarily about being competitive it's the stability and consistency around the line up that would enable us to play a better brand of footy. Just look at how we were playing the first few weeks once we settled into the year, we were competitive and played some exciting footy. Now it's become tedious and hard to watch given how disjointed we are.

How do people think a gameplan gets implemented? It’s by training it … over and over and over again. If you have half your list injured on and off, then it simply can’t get trained. The theory is great, but it’s the practical execution that’s needed.

There’s a reason why the Pies were 4-5 in McRae’s first year of 2022 before getting to a PF. Kingsley’s GWS were 3-7 before making a PF. The Blues almost sacked Voss before then getting to a PF. Sam Mitchell’s Hawks took 18-months to get quality improvement .. and so on …

I’ll give Yze until mid-2025… then if things still look as bad as they often do now the heat will come.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sadly too few understand this and seem to think that it just magically happens where teams suddenly become good.

As mentioned previously we were starting to get settled and understand Yzes game plan when we beat the Swans and had played some good footy in other games despite losing.

What I struggle with is that some of the same people who claim Yze is no good also claim that our list is no good.

Well if the list is no good then surely it wouldn't matter who we had coaching we would have issues. Hardwick was before he left, McQualter did the whole time and Yze with the worst injury crisis the club has seen in years plus stars on the decline has also battled for consistency.

The upcoming off season will be our most important since 2016 and it can either set us up or set us back.

What I struggle with is that some of the same people who claim Yze is no good also claim that our list is no good.

Well if the list is no good then surely it wouldn't matter who we had coaching we would have issues. Hardwick was before he left, McQualter did the whole time and Yze with the worst injury crisis the club has seen in years plus stars on the decline has also battled for consistency.

The upcoming off season will be our most important since 2016 and it can either set us up or set us back.
Yeah as frustrating as it is to lose week after week (and I am one of the massive sooks during games who is complaining about coaching), ultimately I don't think Ooze can be assessed at all until he has a full season with most of his best team available.

Yeah as frustrating as it is to lose week after week (and I am one of the massive sooks during games who is complaining about coaching), ultimately I don't think Ooze can be assessed at all until he has a full season with most of his best team available.
Not even a full team but at least a “normal” degree of continuity would be nice

We all complain about aspects of the coaching in the heat of the moment during games, it's the ones that keep on complaining and seemingly ignoring the reasons why things are the way they are that become tiresome

Sadly too few understand this and seem to think that it just magically happens where teams suddenly become good.

As mentioned previously we were starting to get settled and understand Yzes game plan when we beat the Swans and had played some good footy in other games despite losing.
Ever considered that the performance v Swans was the exception?
A fluke?
The outlier?
I mean, we’ve produced nothing like it again.
Not even our other win was anything to write home about.

A fluke?
The outlier?
Sometimes in a season it’s where did that performance come from , think back to our dynasty years and a game against the Aints, the rest of the year was the form/game plan that game was the outlier , there has been nothing to say that the swans game was going to be the standard, I still believe he won’t see out the contract

A fluke?
The outlier?
Easily the closest we have had to a full strength best 22 all year

6 players missing from our current side from what lined up against the swans and early in the season so the younger players were playing better footy like most young players do early in the year

You know what’s more tiresome than people complaining about Yze ? People complaining about people complaining about Yze

Just because our list/injuries are horrific atm doesn’t give him some auto free pass from criticism based on what he’s got to work with

People are allowed to voice criticism of him if they believe it’s warranted regardless of where the list situation is at

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what’s more tiresome than people complaining about Yze ? People complaining about people complaining about Yze

Just because our list/injuries are horrific atm doesn’t give him some auto free pass from criticism based on what he’s got to work with

People are allowed to voice criticism of him if they believe it’s warranted regardless of where the list situation is at
Just you focus on your footy and show why you got a 3 year deal after showing nothing at Hawks

A fluke?
The outlier?
Yep and on the flipside the Eagles game was probably the outlier the other way. Didn't fire a shot against a fellow cellar dweller.

Something to consider when marking Yze - We have had the hardest rated fixture in the league up until this point, even though we finished bottom 6 last year. Dees finished 4th last year and ended up with the 4 easiest fixture, work that out :$

The league is corrupt
Na, the fixture is a little bit of luck as well because the teams who are flying one year can sometimes be weaker and year after and visa versa it always ends up being a little bit of a crap shoot

Yze is an inept senior coach who has accepted mediocrity. I couldn't give a shit about what happens in 2 or 3 years, he has enough to work with to be better than this. We're not even a shell of our former selves.

Collingwood are pure arse trash and they're beating us by 6 goals and doing as they please.
Your living in fairyland.

I’m not willing to say inept but I do worry about his standards setting. Injuries or not there is a certain level of performace that should be non negotiable, and I feel like some sub par efforts are just being accepted
Who's pressure, intensity and tackling on basics of footy no skill needed there ?. No matter what level that's on the players and as you say 💯 not negotiable.

A fluke?
The outlier?
Look at the performances in the 2 weeks prior and the week after. We pushed Carlton to 5 points despite being 3 down for the 2nd half, we lost to a hot Port side by 5 goals after being 7 points down at 3/4 time, we beat the Swans and then lost to the Saints by 7 points, despite losing both Lynch and Balta the week before and our KPF being Koschitzke & Lefau. So I would suggest that it wasn't an outlier at all, but an example of what we could have been capable of with a healthy list this year in terms of being competitive rather than the uncompetitive side we've been for the most part.

Bingo, we have a winner 😊👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back