Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LANCE COLLARD!

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard the WCE guy saying that Lance was from difficult circumstances and they had nurtured him through the NGA.
May need to take that into consideration.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Who knows what that means? But whatever the circumstances it provides our club with an enormous opportunity.

In previous decades you could probably write-off a troubled indigenous boy from a remote area. Would be gone a day after arriving.

But the way the club is set up now means there’s a potential for a young, insecure, even troubled kid to actually feel better about himself and life in general from within the boşum of the St Kilda Football Club. Not all clubs do this to the same level but we seem to do it brilliantly. Players such as NAS & Keeler seem happy and content.

So there is potential for St Kilda to actually feel like a real home for Lance. A place he may actually want to be at, as opposed to a place he wants out of.

Last edited:

Who knows what that means? But whatever the circumstances it provides our club with an enormous opportunity.

In previous decades you could probably write-off a troubled indigenous boy from a remote area. Would be gone a day after arriving.

But the way the club is set up now means there’s a potential for a young, insecure, even troubled kid to actually feel better about himself and life in general from within the boşum of the St Kilda Football Club. Not all clubs do this to the same level but we seem to do it brilliantly. Players such as NAS & Keeler seem happy and content.

So there is potential for St Kilda to actually feel like a real home for Lance. A place he may actually want to be at, as opposed to a place he wants out of.
Bosum, haha, makes me want to go over and spend my free time there.....sounds comforting.

Statistically , players named Lance kick far more goals than players not named Lance.
Also, and unfortunately, more likely to be sacked for turning up to training on pingas (see Lance Angwin)

Edit: wait no that was Laurence I fuvked up. More statically likely to steal your sausage roll see Lance Whitnall

I don't want to put to much pressure on the kid, but his highlights reel reminds me of Shai Bolton's before his draft year. Like Bolton, Lance will take some time, but I think he was too exciting to pass up at pick 28.

Remember, Elshaug overlooked Bolton for Ben Long! Our recruiting crew has shown some dash over the past 3 years. Nas, Pou and now Lance. Anyone else getting excited?

Now, get Auntie Katrina, Hilly, Liam Henry, Nas, Isaac, Mason and the crew to work on him becoming a long term saint!
A cross between Bolton & Bobby Hill…he’ll be a fun watch!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flight risk?

There's absolutely no risk about it.

He CAN fly

13338b86c38e2e10fd1efb6bdbc0f58db6aed934.jpg
What a great pic…photographers dream shot!!

Why are west coast so mad?
Was an NGA player for them and they couldn't match.
They should be mad but we missed a genuine top ten in McKenzie last year and didn't see the media all over it then?

Also, and unfortunately, more likely to be sacked for turning up to training on pingas (see Lance Angwin)

Edit: wait no that was Laurence I fuvked up. More statically likely to steal your sausage roll see Lance Whitnall
Whitnall still kicked enough goals to keep the Lance average high.
Probably much higher than the Paddy average for example.

They should be ropable.

They put in xyz amount of years into this kid just for us draft him.

All while North and GC get to draft 3/4 first rounders and Sydney are able to match a bid for their academy player.

I’m genuinely surprised they haven’t made more noise about it.

Whilst we benefitted this time the AFL has well and truly fingered them
We benefited?

I would give collard to West coast tomorrow if we could get Cmac back from the hawks.

The system is ****ed in that clubs benefitting don’t pay value.

If you required a pick in the round to match a bid. There wouldn’t be clubs complaining.

Gold Coast wouldn’t be able to source 4 first round picks this year.

Dogs may have got 2, but the first wouldn’t have been the 5th pick in the draft.

Do you think west coast would be complaining if they could match Collard … at the cost of a first rounder? Doubt it, because they had nothing to trade to gain one bar a future first. Which they wouldn’t.

Attribute the cost to equal the round where the kid is taken and it’s no issue. Include father sons in that discussion.

We benefited?

I would give collard to West coast tomorrow if we could get Cmac back from the hawks.

WEssThe system is ****ed in that clubs benefitting don’t pay value.

If you required a pick in the round to match a bid. There wouldn’t be clubs complaining.

Gold Coast wouldn’t be able to source 4 first round picks this year.

Dogs may have got 2, but the first wouldn’t have been the 5th pick in the draft.

Do you think west coast would be complaining if they could match Collard … at the cost of a first rounder? Doubt it, because they had nothing to trade to gain one bar a future first. Which they wouldn’t.

Attribute the cost to equal the round where the kid is taken and it’s no issue. Include father sons in that discussion.
Collards best mate Robert Hansen Jnr got picked up by Nth Melbourne in the Mid Season draft,so hopefully that may help him settle into Melbourne life a little easier

Was an NGA player for them and they couldn't match.
They should be mad but we missed a genuine top ten in McKenzie last year and didn't see the media all over it then?

Don’t blame them for being upset..the NGA system is a joke!
AFL footy is the most compromised competition in the world!!

Collards best mate Robert Hansen Jnr got picked up by Nth Melbourne in the Mid Season draft,so hopefully that may help him settle into Melbourne life a little easier
Young Buddy’s family is moving to Melbourne in the new year. From what my very reliable source at the club tells me, St Kilda had zeroed in on him as their first pick because they expected Wilson to be long gone as he was one of the ‘elite 8’ in this draft. So the Saints had done a lot of background work regarding pastoral care for the young fellow.

Shock horror and excitement when Wilson was available at the Saints first pick. To get Buddy at 28 was amazing. The Saints also really liked Phoenix Gothard at pick 28, which would have been a bolster until GWS went bang at pick 12 or whatever he was.

Footnote: It was funny to read stavro#4 saying the Saints under no circumstances wanted him, then when he was drafted Stavro was proud of the club, 😂

Last edited:
Young Buddy’s family is moving to Melbourne in the new year. From what my very reliable source at the club tells me, St Kilda had zeroed in on him as their first pick because they expected Wilson to be long gone as he was one of the ‘elite 8’ in this draft. So the Saints had done a lot of background work regarding pastoral care for the young fellow.

Shock horror and excitement when Wilson was available at the Saints first pick. To get Buddy at 28 was amazing. The Saints also really liked Phoenix Gothard at pick 28, which would have been a bolster until GWS went bang at pick 12 or whatever he was.

Footnote: It was funny to read stavro#4 saying the Saints under no circumstances wanted him, then when he was drafted Stavro was proud of the club,
Excellent news to read the whole family is moving. Hopefully, they love it in Melbourne!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LANCE COLLARD!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back