Toast Welcome to the AFL Buku Khamis! It’s Buks party time :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Really excited to have this guy in the team.

I’m genuinely interested in what position he will play long term. He’s shown plenty as a forward, but will there be enough room once Bruce is back and Marra/ Darcy work their way into the side?

We are desperate for key defenders and while he is undersized, his leap and ability once the ball hits the deck are assets. Could end up being an Easton Wood like replacement.

In the short term I’d play him in the Cordy forward role which includes part time ruck, but unsure if he has the tank.

Where do others see him settling long term?

So great to have a player of this type in the side. Medium size utilities who are hard match-ups are exactly what we needed.
Generally we're a side of talls or smalls with Bont in the middle.
Now we also have Bedendo (191) and Parker (193) and Cleary (190) and Raak (193) coming through.

Buku looks to be a natural forward in the way he makes the play and every time he kicks for goal his action looks very solid. His kicking to position also looks good. Happy to keep him up there for the forseeable future.

Also, is it about time this thread was renamed?

Peak-A-Buku : The Khamis Files
Welcome to House Khamis - home of the Buke of Westeros

So great to have a player of this type in the side. Medium size utilities who are hard match-ups are exactly what we needed.
Now we also have Bedendo (191) and Parker (193) and Cleary (190) and Raak (193) coming through.

Buku looks to be a natural forward in the way he makes the play and every time he kicks for goal his action looks very solid. His kicking to position also looks good. Happy to keep him up there for the forseeable future.

Good Khamis

The Khamis Bus: Look both ways before crossing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm liking that he seems to not go for the same ball as the other forwards. Makes his own leads at the football and doesn't come across to cut off in front of other players

I’ve noticed this quite a few times, where he could’ve gone for the same ball as Naughton but instead stops leading and positions himself for the crumb instead. Good forward craft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ve noticed this quite a few times, where he could’ve gone for the same ball as Naughton but instead stops leading and positions himself for the crumb instead. Good forward craft.

100%. It’s what seperates a good mark and kick (Jamarra) from a good forward with high forward IQ (BUKU).

Brucey did the same thing, blocked in packs, didn’t double up and contest the drop zone etc etc. took him and Naughts some time to work that out though. Hope when Marra comes back in they sort it.

You forgot Buku Khantmiss

On Nokia 5.4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Amazing what an extended period of reserves football can do for some guys. Learning how to play. Learning the proper positioning etc.

Anyone remember how many reserves games Guys used to play before getting into the seniors?

Not every player is a Bont

Amazing what an extended period of reserves football can do for some guys. Learning how to play. Learning the proper positioning etc.

Anyone remember how many reserves games Guys used to play before getting into the seniors?

Not every player is a Bont

In fairness he wasn’t learning forward line positioning (at least in game) until a month ago.

I agree with your general sentiment provided there is a potential elite trait in there somewhere. It’s why I’d be happy to persist with Bedendo even if he doesn’t play a game this year but with someone like Butler I just can’t see the value in him staying on the list versus having an extra crack at a 18/19 year old.

In fairness he wasn’t learning forward line positioning (at least in game) until a month ago.

I agree with your general sentiment provided there is a potential elite trait in there somewhere. It’s why I’d be happy to persist with Bedendo even if he doesn’t play a game this year but with someone like Butler I just can’t see the value in him staying on the list versus having an extra crack at a 18/19 year old.

He’d know forward leading patterns like the back of his hands.

No better way to learn a forwards craft than playing on one every week.

It's been mentioned that he played forward in juniors until TAC Cup level so forward craft may largely come naturally to him.

To quote Luke Darcy he is obviously very athletic but I have been super impressed by his effort once the ball hits the deck. The aim needs to be to have a forward line that can kill the opposition with 5-6 guys being able to pop up and kick multiple goals. Khamis can nicely fill that role alongside Naughton, Cody, Marra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to the AFL Buku Khamis! It’s Buks party time :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back