Welcome Welcome to the Bulldogs Jedd Busslinger

Remove this Banner Ad

If we take Cowan reckon we are thinking wing
Yep! People keep forgetting he spent large chunks of time in the midfield as well, and played well. Almost 190cm tall, fast, super long kick, and reasonable accurate too. Perfect attributes in a modern day winger.

Where most outside players are one way players and only get the cheapies. He is not afraid to do the hard stuff. Plus his leadership skills are talked up. The latter is big for me, because it speaks good of their attitude and character.

How’s his pace? I think he’s going to be a bit of project until his body develops but if he’s quick enough we might be able to get away with him as a 3rd tall next to two of Jones, Keath & Gardner early on in his career.

Does anyone have an insight into his shoulder issues? Seems to have both shoulders strapped already as an underage.

He looks pretty athletic to me, super mobile & agile - doesn’t look overly slow when he’s chasing down Davey at 1.45mins.

Giving me massive Naughty vibes tbh, both so nimble on their feet and look like they play at full speed, attack the ball at speed etc - Naughty not overly quick in a straight line too but looks it cos of the way he players. Naughty obviously a bit more of a powerful athlete though

He looks pretty athletic to me, super mobile & agile - doesn’t look overly slow when he’s chasing down Davey at 1.45mins.

Giving me massive Naughty vibes tbh, both so nimble on their feet and look like they play at full speed, attack the ball at speed etc - Naughty not overly quick in a straight line too but looks it cos of the way he players. Naughty obviously a bit more of a powerful athlete though

Watching this a couple of days before the draft erased any of my second hand doubts about his speed and mobility. He won't be the fastest tall, but he sure is not slow. When he gathered the ball on the wing and powered off with it with his long stride was good to see. Has a decent enough jump to spoil, though nothing like Naughtons jump and hang time. He also looked agile, which is also good for a tall guy. Because a few talls in the league have the turning circle of a tractor and do not offer much when the ball hits the ground.

Also think being a smart player, he won't be exposed vs quick players as much, because he will know his strengths and limits, and won't stupidly stand 10m off his guy like half our defenders do.

Last edited:
Watching this a couple of days before the draft erased any of my second hand doubts about his speed and mobility. He won't be the fastest tall, but he sure is not slow. When he gathered the ball on the wing and powered off with it with his long stride was good to see. Has a decent enough jump to spoil, though nothing like Naughtons. He also looked agile, which is also good, because a few talls in the league have the turning circle of a tractor and do not offer much when the ball hits the ground.

Also think being a smart player, we won't be exposed vs quick players as much, because he won't stupidly stand 10m off his guy like half our defenders do.
Jeremy McGovern was one of the best CHB of the last 5-10 years and was not an overly quick player.

If you're smart and read the play well you'll be fine and this kid looks like he has the smarts

Has any team ever had such a jack of all trades type tall brigade?

Naughton played DEF, but could pinch hit up FWD. And now is a FWD who can drop back to DEF if needed. And can play MID

English is a RUCK, but has enough tools to rest up FWD or drop back and help out with DEF

Darcy is a FWD, DEF, RUCK, MID, CLUB MEDIC, WATER BOY, POSITIONAL COACH, BOARD MEMBER, MASCOT, EQUIPMENT MANAGER. He does it all

Lobb is a FWD who can pinch hit in the RUCK

Bruce is a FWD who has played in DEF at times

Busslinger is a DEF who has had some stints up FWD, and ran run through the MID

Jones WAS a FWD who is now a full time DEF

Jamarra is a FWD but can play up through the MID

Keath, Gardner and Sweet are probably the only one position talls on the list

Absolute mind F on the team board with all those magnets spinning around each week.

We have a lot of talls. Kind of scares me, im terrified of heights. Not very bulldog like given we were often the worst team for talls in the league.

Jeremy McGovern was one of the best CHB of the last 5-10 years and was not an overly quick player.
Weitering isn't quick either.
Buss should be released to play on the 2nd or 3rd opposition forward anyway, we want him intercepting not locking down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing more Alex Keath to be honest. Which is fantastic by the way. Athletic enough, competitive with a great IQ.

Why two 'd's? It's a one 'd' name. Can see it holding him back. Needs a nickname, like 'Buddy' is to 'Lance'. And 2 's's in 'Buss'?! He's up against it already.

Sling-shot?
Linga-longa? (One for the oldies whose parents had names on holiday shacks!)

Given he is for the west what about a name from the old westerns Jed the gunslinger

th

Seeing more Alex Keath to be honest. Which is fantastic by the way. Athletic enough, competitive with a great IQ.
Yeah I can see that, probably more Keath before he came to the doggies and became a full back though.

When I say Aaron Naughton vibes I mean predraft -

Eerily similar highlights packages IMO, when he’s a skinny kid - just the way they float around and mop up everything and then are always on the move offensively etc

You could tell Naughty would bulk up though which I don’t expect Buss to become a brick shithouse in 2 years like Naughty did, if ever.

Welcome Jed " you have come as a KPD but you will spend your first preseason training as a wingman, then in second preseason as a forward then as a mobile midfielder. Oh occasionally you may play as a KPD but will be the exception rather than the rule"

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to the Bulldogs Jedd Busslinger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back