Welcome to the Bulldogs Joel Freijah

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me a little of Ed Richards. Solidly built but still agile.

Still needs to take the game on more imo. He'll get there and he'll be even better. Ed Richards clone.

Still needs to take the game on more imo. He'll get there and he'll be even better. Ed Richards clone.
I've been trying to think of a player he reminds me of. It's not Ed Richards ... for me. At the moment I have placed him in the unique pigeon hole. Ironically, there's more than one player in the unique pigeon hole.

I've been trying to think of a player he reminds me of. It's not Ed Richards ... for me. At the moment I have placed him in the unique pigeon hole. Ironically, there's more than one player in the unique pigeon hole.
That’d be uncomfortable for the unique pigeon.

I agree Richards isn’t the right comparison. I don’t think Freijah has quite the same burst speed and maybe not the agility. Happy just to watch him develop on his own terms.

A hybrid of Moyd and Crossy for me.

Reminds me of what Miloslav Mecir would've been in a parallel universe where he played AFL.

Tallish, loping, effortless mover who covers the ground much better than you expect when watching him.

Hence forth. Joel will be known as the big cat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm gonna go back a bit further. The Dogs player I most see in Freijah is Neil Cordy.

Cordy was a tallish, athletic flanker/winger from the 80s who had a great 235 game career at Footscray and the Swans.

I was thinking more of an Isaac Smith / Grant Birchall type.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given she's American I imagine she'd make it a polarising issue and possibly a conspiracy.
Maybe. She died in 1978 (during the Carter interregnum) before the insanity export business really took off.

People forget how good Bailey Williams was for an 18 year old. Very similar player to Joel.
Very true. Williams appeared to have it all but was prone to getting caught on the ball. I honestly thought he’d be an A grader if he wiped that from his game. He’s a solid player but I think he could have been much more.

Freijah doesn’t look to have the same potential to me but ironically might go on to have a better career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Bulldogs Joel Freijah

Remove this Banner Ad

Back