Welcome to the Bulldogs Kelsey Rypstra

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely a right footer. Sorry grassman!

Some CBAs in there I notice. Not suggesting he would play there for us - not yet at least - but it's good to know he can adapt to different roles.

It's hard to tell from scant video evidence, especially when those clips deliberately pick out highlights not lowlights, but he does seem to handle the ball pretty cleanly. Not sure how well that would translate to senior AFL level but I note that ball handling has been a frequent criticism of VDM.

I think most would agree - even before we'd heard of Rypstra - that if we could have a less fumbly version of VDM we'd have a very good player.

Some CBAs in there I notice. Not suggesting he would play there for us - not yet at least - but it's good to know he can adapt to different roles.

It's hard to tell from scant video evidence, especially when those clips deliberately pick out highlights not lowlights, but he does seem to handle the ball pretty cleanly. Not sure how well that would translate to senior AFL level but I note that ball handling has been a frequent criticism of VDM.

I think most would agree - even before we'd heard of Rypstra - that if we could have a less fumbly version of VDM we'd have a very good player.

How many hit outs to advantage though dw?

Lobby won't be happy with another competitor!

He had some prolific games as a mid in the SANFL U18s

Any word on when he'll be suiting up for us?
Milesi said he'd probably arrive over the weekend or Monday maybe. So I expect he'll be training this week and would probably play his first VFL game next week.

Interested in how the logistics work for an interstate kid moving on a 6 month contract. Presumably the club finds him a host family / moves in with another player?

Maybe he could sublet Bailey Smith’s place while he swans around Europe 🤣

Interested in how the logistics work for an interstate kid moving on a 6 month contract. Presumably the club finds him a host family / moves in with another player?

Maybe he could sublet Bailey Smith’s place while he swans around Europe 🤣

Surely a player takes him in. I know after the draft last year, Libba took in Freijah and Naughton took in O'Driscoll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as he keeps that positive minefield.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Kelsey and the interviewer seem confident that he'll be playing this Friday.
Yes, but it'd be a very bold move to put him straight into the ones. He might not even know all their names.

Footscray play Brisbane in the VFL at 3:05 this Friday.
I'd be most surprised if he was playing in anything but that.

Yes, but it'd be a very bold move to put him straight into the ones. He might not even know all their names.

Ah right. I didn't know Footscray was also playing Friday; it would make more sense if they're referring to the VFL.

We've done it before 😅

We played bloody Gardner up forward when we picked him up after not playing there at all in the VFL. 🤣🤣🤣

Hope we pick him for the one's he kicks a bag and beats the record for most holding the ball tackles in a game

Finishing 6th in the Australian Junior 800m is a pretty good level to demonstrate his running ability. The 800m is such a hard race.

If you're good at that you're going to be able to do plenty of repeat sprints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back