Toast Welcome to the club, Rory Lobb

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you talking flags Scrag? Admittedly (and I don’t admit being wrong to you lightly) you were right & I was wrong last preseason in regards to how we’d go this season

I bow down to your superior footy knowledge

I'm holding off on making any predictions or having any expectations for now. Still too many uncertainties. If Bevo rocks up to preseason with a weird haircut or another strange facial hair decision i'll be worried.

I was definitely in the “we don’t really need him” camp but gee he will definitely make us harder to play against. Which is what it’s all about. So much firepower in the air now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think getting him was a great outcome. When he’s done as a player, Darcy will be more than ready to step in as a fwd/ruck. If you’d told me “next year you’ll get an enormous forward who can do ruck minutes and play alongside Naughton and JUH to give them structure” I’d have been stoked. No guarantee Bruce gets back to form, and if they can replicate the Bruce/Naughton/English trio, we’re laughing.
Lobb is a better contested mark the Bruce i feel so even better

I just listened to the ten minute interview on the dogs website in its entirety, fuvk me. Those journos were asking some shit questions trying to bait him for headlines. Poor bloke just wanted to say he’s glad to be here while those gutter slugs were trying to drag out of him how shit he felt at freo.

Welcome Rory! Was big on getting him all the way through. Allows Darcy to develop without pressure, behind the ball and gives English and Naughton a chop out forward and in the ruck.

Would love to use English and Lobb in a similar way to Geelong's ruck set up this year. English take the majority of centre bounces then sit back behind the ball and intercept, protecting the defence and taking all defensive half stoppages. Lobb plays as 2nd KF and forward half stoppages.

I just listened to the ten minute interview on the dogs website in its entirety, fuvk me. Those journos were asking some s**t questions trying to bait him for headlines. Poor bloke just wanted to say he’s glad to be here while those gutter slugs were trying to drag out of him how s**t he felt at freo.

It was held in Perth wasn't it? So you had all your Perth journos there wanting a soundgrab. The first presser he has here there won't be one question about Freo because nobody gives a stuff about them.

In the final he clunked grabs all around the 50. And kicked straight. It was extremely annoying to watch live. At the very least he’ll never do that to us again. And at the very best. He’ll regularly do it for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He still looks weird in our colours to me... Hoping I'll get used to it.
Welcome Rory and looking forward to our forward line dominating the air next year

Got a sneaking suspicion Rory will be in a stack of highlight packages next year……………Naighton is gonna love using him as a step ladder.

I’d say if we get 50 games out of Lobb (ideally most/all with Naughty and English) then that would be a big win.

Really good cover for both of them, plus offers a genuine marking target around the ground….always feel we’ve been a player light in this regard under Bevo.

Should time perfectly in regards of handing the keys over to Darcy in another 2-3 years.

Savvy recruit…allows us to compete while developing our young talls and sort of fills two holes.

Sorry, prob not for this thread but couldn't find one but got a question. Is naughton fit and doing preseason?
Yeah I believe so, he did have Knee trouble most of last year so I’m not sure if that needed a clean out or not but there’s been no talk of off season surgery - plus he mentioned he did a 2 week block of training in the US over the offseason with some other players so I think he’ll be good to go for the start of preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to the club, Rory Lobb

Remove this Banner Ad

Back