Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

From this angle there is shades of his 2016 hair.
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

LONG HAIR BONT IS RETURNING PEOPLE!

Last edited:
Carlton fans gonna be crying rn

Yep, all over social media and a few delusional Pies supporters who think the guy who isn’t even their captain should have got it.

If Bont doesn't win a Brownlow in his career we riot. Best player in the league for at least four years and it isn't close

2021 was the year. Didn't poll in the last four games as we went from 1st to 5th and obviously Wines getting 24 votes in the second half of the year didn't follow the script. Think he might have missed his chance but you never know.

To be fair, the Western Bulldogs Board Best and Fairest went to Macrae that year so I'm not sure we on here can argue too much about umpires.

Privileged to watch this guy play for your team and still grateful to witness what little is left for us as he approaches the tail end of his career.

The unanimous best player in the comp for a number of years, 6 x AA, 3 x MVP, AFLCA, 5x BnF, premiership player

Generational and its hard to appreciate that it is unlikely that we'll see a player of this caliber lace up the boots for this club in a normal lifetime.

Such a star. Can already tell I'll be that old bloke in 50 years telling anyone who listen "you should've seen how good this bloke was".

We're all very lucky that he plays for us and we get to watch him every week.
I’d love a highlights video of all the awesome shit he does without evening registering a disposal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Ablett and Buddy are the only ones definitely ahead of him in the modern era. The next level has Judd, Dangerfield, Martin, Bont. Think by the time it's all said and done he'll be clear third. Shame about him not having two brownlows when he was clearly #1.. especially last year.

He'll end up with the most AA selections. At least until Daicos breaks that record.

I also love how he always has a running mate with him in our midfield.

2018-2021 was Bont and Macrae
2022-2023 was Bont and Liber
2024 Bont and Treloar.

No doubt in the future it'll be Bont and Richards that just slaughter teams.

Then Bont & Sanders
Then Bont & Cooney
Then Bont & Libba next gen
Then Bont & Ellie Blackburn’s daughter because AFL is totally inclusive by then.
Then Bont & Bont Jnr
Then Bont & RoboBont

I’d love a highlights video of all the awesome shit he does without evening registering a disposal.

His work just pushing the ball forward out of packs or until it’s under his control has definitely gone to another level this year.

I also love how he always has a running mate with him in our midfield.

2018-2021 was Bont and Macrae
2022-2023 was Bont and Liber
2024 Bont and Treloar.

No doubt in the future it'll be Bont and Richards that just slaughter teams.
True but also probably why he may struggle to get that elusive Brownlow. Each of those years Macrae, Libba and Ads will all have grabbed their fair share of votes off of the Bont. And I can see Richards stepping into that role in future years as welll.

Who is taking votes from Daicos, Crippa and Neale at their clubs?

True but also probably why he may struggle to get that elusive Brownlow. Each of those years Macrae, Libba and Ads will all have grabbed their fair share of votes off of the Bont. And I can see Richards stepping into that role in future years as welll.

Who is taking votes from Daicos, Crippa and Neale at their clubs?
Dunkley, Walsh, De Goey.

Dunkley, Walsh, De Goey.
Maybe a few, but I think in the years when Jack was making AA he took a lot more than what those guys are taking, similar for Ads this year and Libba last year. Not that I am upset about that, Bont needs the support and the Dogs are so much better because of the strong depth of our midfield. I just think that it also makes it harder to get the 3 votes every week that seem to be needed these days.

What an honour it has been for us to have the Bont on our team. I even forgive him for being a Richmond supporter in his early years. Glad that he came out of the darkness to the light.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So glad to be wrong on this occasion, I thought the media types were pushing for Crippa (who I still think is a deserving captain) but so happy for Marcus that he has finally been recognised as the amazing Captain that he is
It had to be Marcus. The All Australian selectors look at the head to head matchup when decisions are difficult. When we played Carlton a few weeks back Bont was on top of Cripps that afternoon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back