Well Done Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers to all Cats fans, very gracious of you.

My god that final term was on a knife edge.

Mate...just how good have the games between these two sides been over the last few years,,,

Absolute cracking games of Australian Football... Respect Saints.

Well done guys. You must be rapt.

It has me stuffed how we didn't get in front. I don't think I've seen that kind of momentum in a very long time.

When the siren went I have no doubt you were going nuts.

Good luck in 2 weeks. I think both sides need a week off !

Well done.

Congratulations guys and girls. I came home last night screaming robbed but in the cold hard light of day I believe that you deserved to win. If you get through to the Grand Final and if it is against Collingwood can you please win. As for us, there is always next week. Well done. You played well in the first half and totally shut us down.

Was a great game - edge of the seat even5 goals up because of Geelongs class.

I felt the game turn when Nicky Dal sprayed that shot on goal in the third. Just started a Geelong fight back. Gotta learn to nail those chances like Chapman did in the last. Speaking of clutch shots you could see Schneider just determined to repay the faith after last years GF.

Toast to that!

Re the GF... Cannot even think about it. Anyone remember 2005? Cannot under estimate ANYONE - injured, outside top 4 or alternatively an angry Pies upset by Dogs tonight.

Enjoy the break and stay focused.

Alos loving Lenny! So so tough! I think my missus got pregnant when he tackled Chapman in the first. I'll raise the kid as if he was my own :)

Re: Well done.

Congratulations guys and girls. I came home last night screaming robbed but in the cold hard light of day I believe that you deserved to win. If you get through to the Grand Final and if it is against Collingwood can you please win. As for us, there is always next week. Well done. You played well in the first half and totally shut us down.

Thanks
Understand how you feel mate. Some appaling umpiring. It probably balaced up over the course of the game, but to have that goal called back must have been heart wrenching.

Who knows, if Freo get up your next game could be a pushover.

Well Done Sainters. Almost cried when Mooney got the free called! Deserved the win and all the best for the rest of the finals. Hope we can claw our way back to meet you in the GF, you never know.

Mate, if that had happened to my team, I would be gutted as well.

Great game, great team you blokes have got.

You deservedly beat us in the GF last year, but the mark of respect to your team was that i dont think the Saints could have played any better.

Hope we dont meet you in a GF, dont know if I can stand these games against the Cats. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks,
You guys have learnt from last year and I have a feeling you could go all the way this year. I also thought Kosi was pivotal last night and was a real handful for Scarlett which hampered our run out of the backline in the first half.

Thanks,
You guys have learnt from last year and I have a feeling you could go all the way this year. I also thought Kosi was pivotal last night and was a real handful for Scarlett which hampered our run out of the backline in the first half.

Dont know about learning from last year.

All around me at half time were happy it was raining as they thought it would help the Saints.

I said to a firend, "we are winning in the dry". And so it went. Roo and Kosi were nullified and because geelong is more skillful the rain was a hinderance.

Geelong are a CHAMPION team, whom I respect totally. Their wet weather skills are sublime and their tactics in the wet was awesome.

To come back from over 5 goals down to almost win in a final against a team renown for defence show the mark and will of your team.

Oh BTW you Guys have won 2 out of three, might be nice to let us win one ;)

You have your retribution now for last year....but boy, haven't the tables turned if we meet again in the GF. It will not be St Kilda fooball club hunting the Cats, we will be very much the hunter next time around.

Great game of football....you smashed us in the first and second, but to our credit we dominated in the last quarter and a half. I just don't understand why you decided to shut up shop and play stacks on when another goal or two for you in the last would have put us away?

Oh well, congrats.....but I can't wait for the rematch.

Good game of footballl, some interesting umpiring decisions both ways really. (Throughout the game)

Geelong will rebound, don't worry about that.

Congrats for your win , as usual our teams produced a classic game that will be replayed over and over.
In every game there errors made - players , umpires , coaches. In tight games split second moments can take the focus off the the real reasons why results go a certain way. Far too good in the first half , you killed us around the ball and Riewoldt reminded our Harry how good he is. On a tough night you made the most of it.
Well done and if we can't win it I hope you or the Dogs do.

Well done.
Has taken me a night to sleep on it to come on here and say congrats but the saints deserved the win. Look you can look at many different stats at say we lost it, but wat a load of crap, you guys beat us, and in the end theres only one stat that matters and thats the score.

And I just have to say Nick Riewoldt is a freak of nature. His first half was one of the best I have seen by a Forward in a final, just brillant, and I would like to see anyone name someone who has had that much influence in a final after such a severe injury like his in the same year. Im still in awe of him.

Anyways good luck for prelim, I hope we can win our nxt couple finals and meet you in the GF

Decent rivalry forming here.

Game 1: Top of the ladder clash, never before, meeting in Round 13 with both teams 12-0. After an amazing start by the Saints the Cats fought back and it ended in a thriller with a goal in the last minute. Saints 94-88

Game 2: Two best sides play off in the decider. We all know what happened there, amazing grand final and the Cats get the bikkies by a couple goals. 80-68

Game 3: GF Rematch, tight tussle and the Saints turn on their defensive best in the 2nd half to hold the Cats goal less for the entire 2nd half for the first time in a few years. 70-46

Game 4: Incredible game, again the Saints get away early but as always the Cats crawl back and with a controversial (but correct :p) umpiring decision the Saints hold on by 4 points after kicking 1 goal from about 2 Inside 50's in the last. Holding on for 8 minutes to win by 4 points. 83-79.

Even though the Cats have only won 1 of our last 4 meetings, they won the only one that ****ing mattered. So I hope if we do meet again in 4 weeks, we can make it 4/5

You have your retribution now for last year....but boy, haven't the tables turned if we meet again in the GF. It will not be St Kilda fooball club hunting the Cats, we will be very much the hunter next time around.

Great game of football....you smashed us in the first and second, but to our credit we dominated in the last quarter and a half. I just don't understand why you decided to shut up shop and play stacks on when another goal or two for you in the last would have put us away?

Oh well, congrats.....but I can't wait for the rematch.

Thats not retribution mate. We lost a GF we should have won. We arent after good finals showing.

Cats can come as hard as they like - IF we meet there Im sure the St Kilda FC will be reminded of 12 mths prior.....

and if its a dry day.....Im backing Riewoldt to kick 6.

So very true.

Collingwood are to the Geelong/St. Kilda era what Adelaide were to the WC/Swans era.

True. I hope you guys murder those pies in the prelim. Remember in 05 we had the week off, sydney did it the hard way and beat us in the prelim to make the granny. Would be the funniest moment of the year if you guys did that to collingwood :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Done Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back