News Wellingham traded to Eagles for pick 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a quality inside out mid. He can play lots of places, hopefully in the midfield rotation.

It's time to seriously look at Priddis' role.

haha dont make me laugh. he will get hurt with bigger bodies inside. lets see how he goes with that for 22 weeks+.

excellent, first rounder for a bit of this, bit of that player. i can play in lots of places too. doesnt mean i am good at any of them.

His parents' names are Jarrod and Sharon - That's actually where the name comes from.
That's just a blatant lie - his Dad's name is Mark.

Happy to have Sharrod on board - the price seems fair and he will certainly add a much needed 5th member to our midfield rotation (those saying that we'll keep 4 and send Priddis back to WAFL are kidding themselves though)

At center bounces I feel Priddis is a liability. But at stoppages/bounce downs around the ground I think he very much a needed player. Maybe we should just limit his time at center bounces.

That's just a blatant lie - his Dad's name is Mark.

Mark and Sharon?

Marron Wellingham?

images

No worries. I can also understand where you are coming from but i think we did pretty well. Also with the Seaby and Staker situation we also got pick 22 from Sydney. Weedon hasn't come on like we would have hoped but he was always a speculative pick. There is still some hope for him....i hope.:p
no need for a speculative pick at 22,save that for the later picks,its was a mistake

still f*cking angry. if situation was reversed, would they have given 17 for him? doubt it.

still noone can tell me what "role" he will play. a forward who kicks 13 goals a year? midfielder who averages 19 a game? wow, dont know about you, but i am impressed...NOT.
to wellinghams defence it would be harder to rack up possessions with dane swan sharking all the easy gets

still f*cking angry. if situation was reversed, would they have given 17 for him? doubt it.

still noone can tell me what "role" he will play. a forward who kicks 13 goals a year? midfielder who averages 19 a game? wow, dont know about you, but i am impressed...NOT.

Unfair on Wellingham. He isn't a huge possession getter, due to the role we had him playing. He is smarter than he looks, plays more physically than you'd expect, and tackles/blocks/chases/tags if the situation requires it

You'll do we'll with his flexibility. A draft pick doesn't give you a sure thing, but a game tested midfielder that is ready to go.... well worth it

to wellinghams defence it would be harder to rack up possessions with dane swan sharking all the easy gets

look, i am not against getting wellingham. he will add. my issue is what we paid for him. thats it.

that we allowed to be bent over like that when clearly we could have gotten him for less. we overpaid. and agreed to it way too easily. we allowed collingwoods media blitz to turn this as though we are the only ones that have to lose. that we are under pressure. it was as though it was us losing a player not them.

thats what i am annoyed about. we were bullied.

look, i am not against getting wellingham. he will add. my issue is what we paid for him. thats it.

that we allowed to be bent over like that when clearly we could have gotten him for less. we overpaid. and agreed to it way too easily. we allowed collingwoods media blitz to turn this as though we are the only ones that have to lose. that we are under pressure. it was as though it was us losing a player not them.

thats what i am annoyed about. we were bullied.
i agree we could have got him for less.Maybe the brains trust didnt want to run the risk of not getting him and dalziell being our best credentialled back up mid next yr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we going with Beef for his nickname?

If so I like it.

I'm claiming that I started both 'Beef' and 'Marron' as his nicknames.

God I wish you could like your own posts. I do it on FB just so my friends know how funny I think I am.

haha dont make me laugh. he will get hurt with bigger bodies inside. lets see how he goes with that for 22 weeks+.

excellent, first rounder for a bit of this, bit of that player. i can play in lots of places too. doesnt mean i am good at any of them.
I wish we could park this "first rounder" thing. It's pick 17 in a draft where the first couple of picks have already gone in last year's mini-draft. It's not like a top 10, or even top 5 thing where you have much more of a sure thing

I'm claiming that I started both 'Beef' and 'Marron' as his nicknames.

God I wish you could like your own posts. I do it on FB just so my friends know how funny I think I am.
i reckon Sham is the way to go.(no reflection on him).

also what happens not to Shepherd and Newman? what path do they have to first team? no doubt our MC will look at their age and go "nah, we will pick the 'mature' bloke.". i am fairly confident it has nothing to do with "fighting for your position" as its clear good wafl form is only rewarded if you are 23+. otherwise you are too young. these guys need a clear pathway or they get disillusioned.
Pathways? We're not running an apprenticeship scheme.

How about we pick them when they've earned a spot?

People are seriously underrating Wellingham. I would try and defend him but it is pointless to explain to his haters so i will just let him prove his worth next year.

Happy with the trade getting done. Always thought it was his value but thought we might be able to get away with a bit less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back