News Wellingham traded to Eagles for pick 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, pretty easy for a pumpkin to stand out amongst a field of potatoes.

Wellingham is unlikely to suddenly jump into being our top Brownlow poller like Ebert did for Port but if he can become a solid contributer and part of our midfield rotation and help to see us finish top 2 then he's worth the pick IMO.

We go ok with Priddis though. :rolleyes:

We have clearence problems as is.

Which leads to our midfielders chasing tail, which in turn leads to Priddis being exposed against the better midfields.
Unless our midfield is that much better then the oppositions I cant see Priddis in the team and us competing in earnest with the better midfields. I wish I was wrong but have seen nothing over the last 2 years to change my perception of the situation.

Which leads to our midfielders chasing tail, which in turn leads to Priddis being exposed against the better midfields.
Unless our midfield is that much better then the oppositions I cant see Priddis in the team and us competing in earnest with the better midfields. I wish I was wrong but have seen nothing over the last 2 years to change my perception of the situation.

What's the solution?

What's the solution?

Not sure but personally I think we have to make do without Priddis. He is great at clearances but his game falls away after that. So when we are winning the midfield battle he is not an issue. But when we are losing / breaking even the midfield battle he gets exposed. Especially games at the MCG. So that tends to equal our premiership rivals on the biggest stage.
It's a shame as I think he brings a lot to the team in terms of attitude, training & getting the best out of yourself. So torn between being stubborn and "better the devil you know and the devil you don't" and biting the bullet and deal with a midfield post Priddis.

worst trade our club has been involved in

this will be a bust. anyone who's watched wellingham will know he's not worthy of the hype. one of those second-third tier mids who lucks out and plays in a side with other GUN mids, scores a flag and gets an inflated reputation. his game is littered with deficiences. he's simply another version of priddis, rosa, dalziell, selwood, etc in that he's a solid trier who lacks that true quality which our midfield desparately needs.

a first round pick forhim? embarrassing moment for the club. at least we'll have a new whipping boy now swift is gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

worst trade our club has been involved in

this will be a bust. anyone who's watched wellingham will know he's not worthy of the hype. one of those second-third tier mids who lucks out and plays in a side with other GUN mids, scores a flag and gets an inflated reputation. his game is littered with deficiences. he's simply another version of priddis, rosa, dalziell, selwood, etc in that he's a solid trier who lacks that true quality which our midfield desparately needs.

a first round pick forhim? embarrassing moment for the club. at least we'll have a new whipping boy now swift is gone.
Total overreaction, we are in a premiership window now not in 3-4 years time when the pick 17 will be ready. Slight overpay but he has better form than ebert before he went and we all thought we got reamed with an early 2nd rounder in a compromised draft. 20 -25 probably about right but we don't have that pick, so be it.

We need a first hands alternative so we don't burden more attacking players with the role. We don't have that player listed. So yeah pick 17 would have been useful. :rolleyes:

I agree I cant see anyone on our list that would take that role and nail it. Stevens may have been the answer but we wont know until he suits up for the opposition on a regular basis.
I honestly believe we need to throw it open to a "goer". Someone with fight, speed & strength, and knows his limitations. Fingers crossed they are sitting Smith down in the Clockwork Orange restraint chair and showing him endless footage of hipsters getting beaten up and fashion houses with "closing down" signs on their doors.

Because if you attach the words "first round pick" to the word "midfielder" you end up with a guaranteed A grade inside mid.

No thanks. Once was enough, champ.

afraid you will find out you missed something champ.

anyway, i still cant get over this. Sports wise this is one of most gutwrenching things to me in terms of player personnel changes. And I am an Arsenal fan, i know what gutwrenching is when it comes to these sorts of things.

watching RVP still hurts the most. still cant get over that one.

The frustrating thing for me was we had no need to overpay (we did only slightly) because he was uncontracted and requested to come to us meaning we should of been paying unders.
I find it really frustrating that atm it looks like we won't have even one pick in the top 30.

As you say ut was probably just a bit overs. The thing that annoys me is that it is to Collingwood who have made a habit out of getting players in their premiership window paying unders or other dubious means.

As you say ut was probably just a bit overs. The thing that annoys me is that it is to Collingwood who have made a habit out of getting players in their premiership window paying unders or other dubious means.
I know.
Im having a hissy fit. It's not even that bad a result. I just feel like it only happened because collingwood were tossers about it. Eddie and his stupid comments asking for more than pick 17 etc.
Arrrrghh.

Apart from Luke ball, in which Lyons stubbornness was a factor as well, I can't think of any players they've legitimately paid unders for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back