News Wellingham traded to Eagles for pick 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
important to remember that pick 17 is actually pick 19, because Jager O'mera and Couch would have been taken in this draft if it weren't for the minidraft.

having said that, i still think pick 19 is overs.

important to remember that pick 17 is actually pick 19, because Jager O'mera and Couch would have been taken in this draft if it weren't for the minidraft.

Isn't this also a 'compromised' draft due to the concessions received by GWS?

Actually that was probably last year..

Come on mate get realistic and stop under valuing?

Last 10 number 19's

Kavanagh
Smith
Griffiths
Strauss
Ward
Grigg
Dempsey
Willits
Mundy
Troy Selwood

Yep so who would you take before Wellingham??

David Mundy. Thats it.

So we have 1/10 chance of grabbing a better player and that is without taking into account Sharrods upside. Definately worth it.

And once the Goddard compo pick is added, it'll be out to pick 20.

This deal's getting better all the time!

And once the Goddard compo pick is added, it'll be out to pick 20.

This deal's getting better all the time!

And that's not even taking into account the fact that he'll slot straight into the midfield and is the type of player everyone wanted after we got beaten in the finals.

When we win the flag no one will care what we paid for him.

And that's not even taking into account the fact that he'll slot straight into the midfield and is the type of player everyone wanted after we got beaten in the finals.

When we win the flag no one will care what we paid for him.

Against Collingwood and with wellingham wearing a norm smith medal :thumbsu:

Last 10 number 19's
I think that's too simplistic. Plenty of clubs struggle with talent identification and development. Better off looking at what picks we've had around that mark in the last decade or so.

Brown (16), Kerr (18), Shuey (18), Butler (20), Swift (20), Notte (20), Selwood (22), Weedon (22), Stevens (23), Newman (23), Darling (26), McKinley (29), Mackenzie (29), Rosa (29), Lycett (29).

I think that's too simplistic. Plenty of clubs struggle with talent identification and development. Better off looking at what picks we've had around that mark in the last decade or so.

Brown (16), Kerr (18), Shuey (18), Butler (20), Swift (20), Selwood (22), Stevens (23), Newman (23), Darling (26), Mackenzie (29), Rosa (29), Lycett (29).

Thats a fair call if you want to go down that path.

I think 4 are certainly better ( Kerr, Schuey, EMac and Darling) a couple questionable ( Butler, Brown and Rosa ) and no doubt Sharrod is better than at least 4 off them IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown (16), Kerr (18), Shuey (18), Butler (20), Swift (20), Notte (20), Selwood (22), Weedon (22), Stevens (23), Newman (23), Darling (26), McKinley (29), Mackenzie (29), Rosa (29), Lycett (29).
regardless of what sort of player pick 17 might turn out to be, we can win a premiership in the next 2 seasons. We dont have the luxury of sitting around for 3-4 years like Swift hoping they develop. We need an established mid who can be part of our best 22 this season and we got 1.

The reactions from some Eagles supporters would almost have you believe we gave up picks 1 and 3 or something.

regardless of what sort of player pick 17 might turn out to be, we can win a premiership in the next 2 seasons. We dont have the luxury of sitting around for 3-4 years like Swift hoping they develop. We need an established mid who can be part of our best 22 this season and we got 1.

The reactions from some Eagles supporters would almost have you believe we gave up picks 1 and 3 or something.

url

Being a negative nancy but I think we're a long, long ways off challenging.
What, no LeCras or Kennedy for the majority of the year and finish a game out of top 4, bring in a 92 game player and we're not at least as good off as this season for next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back