News Wellingham traded to Eagles for pick 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know.
Im having a hissy fit. It's not even that bad a result. I just feel like it only happened because collingwood were tossers about it. Eddie and his stupid comments asking for more than pick 17 etc.
Arrrrghh.

Yeah they are hated for a reason, and Ed's big red head is at the forefront of those.

Apart from Luke ball, in which Lyons stubbornness was a factor as well, I can't think of any players they've legitimately paid unders for

Got Chris Tarrant & 44 for 43 & 55
While negotiations were happening he publicly stated that "Collingwood or I will retire" to make sure that the draft wasn't an option for Freo.

I also thought they got Jolly cheap but picks 14 & 40+ is not too bad one way or the other. I just remember thinking at the time we would want more for Cox, as Jolly was/is a pretty damn good ruck man.

Also the thing about Ball was that IIRC he also made a statement along the lines of don't draft me I wont play for you when teams were enquiring.

so collingwood rebuffed no.39 and we capitulated immediately. oh how i wish i came across clients who do this with such ease.

oh and Walsh calls him essentially an unrealiable and overrated player who wont get any better. thats how i read it. and no.17 was "excellent" result. clearly they got more than they thought they would.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sh...ases-collingwood/story-fnfll94y-1226492267881

If you want to see how Wellingham goes without Pendlebury, Swan and Thomas in the side have a look at his game against Melbourne round 12 2011. Its the only time I can remember where those players couldnt play and he was really given some responsibility in the midfield.

EDIT: Pendlebury played Beams was out.

I didn't think we should have picked Hill up last year, but look how that went
Most here including me said we should have traded Cox and Kerr for high draft picks during the bad years

I have a lot of confidence in this club that They Know What They Are Doing :thumbsu:

If you want to see how Wellingham goes without Pendlebury, Swan and Thomas in the side have a look at his game against Melbourne round 12 2011. Its the only time I can remember where those players couldnt play and he was really given some responsibility in the midfield.

That's like saying a player dominated against GWS or GC. Melbourne rule. Wellinghams ohk but we aren't happy paying 17 (which is slightly overs) for him when we had the bargaining position.

hey if we convince swift to not retire, will you trade your first rounder? back in 09, against richmond, he was BOG when given responsibility. you wont regret it. a bargain.

I didn't think we should have picked Hill up last year, but look how that went
Most here including me said we should have traded Cox and Kerr for high draft picks during the bad years

I have a lot of confidence in this club that They Know What They Are Doing :thumbsu:
We aren't saying the club doesn't know what they are doing as far as getting wellingham just that they could of got him for slightly less (which they could have).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so collingwood rebuffed no.39 and we capitulated immediately. oh how i wish i came across clients who do this with such ease.

oh and Walsh calls him essentially an unrealiable and overrated player who wont get any better. thats how i read it. and no.17 was "excellent" result. clearly they got more than they thought they would.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sh...ases-collingwood/story-fnfll94y-1226492267881

Also quoted as saying their recruitment manager was underwhelmed by the quality of the draft so pick 17 for an established player isn't so stupid

Got Chris Tarrant & 44 for 43 & 55
While negotiations were happening he publicly stated that "Collingwood or I will retire" to make sure that the draft wasn't an option for Freo.

I also thought they got Jolly cheap but picks 14 & 40+ is not too bad one way or the other. I just remember thinking at the time we would want more for Cox, as Jolly was/is a pretty damn good ruck man.

Also the thing about Ball was that IIRC he also made a statement along the lines of don't draft me I wont play for you when teams were enquiring.

Forgot about Tarrant. That was ordinary the way they went about that

Meh, don't really care what Walsh tells the media - he's selling a Collingwood story. I do, however, wonder how Beef's old team mates feel about it...

Curtains

Every club says it was a great deal after the trade happens. It doesn't mean they were actually happy the trade happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back