Wellingham - Traded to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I hadnt seen that article. But yes, he is contracted so we do hold the aces. Personally, I dont think he is worth trading as I reckon he is worth more to us than most other clubs.

But, if he wasnt contracted it would make it tricky, obviously.

How is that moral high ground looking?
Brown (according to the HS) wants to leave

This guy is not a regular in the senior team, so based on the WC logic in this thread, this must mean a pick in the 50-70s right?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/dep...ut-of-west-coast/story-fn69a32t-1226490526229

Moral high ground? We are just being realistic. in these situations clubs tend to get unders. We'll get unders for brown and you'll probably get unders for Wellingham.

Lots of BS in this thread but thats to be expected
WCE coaching staff and list managers will have had meetings throughout the year to work out who and what was needed in the trade period.
When Wellingham wanted to leave and his manager met with WCE they indicated they were interested.
They did this knowing what draft picks were available to them.
WCE are professional enough to know that pick 38 is never going to happen, knowing that pick 17 would be asked by Collingwood WCE went ahead with negotiations and made an offer to Sharrod.
WCE rate him no -one at any club would have the coach speak out about recruiting a player rated at pick 97

Collingwood know that WCE only have two choices regarding draft picks 17 and 38
Basically everything else is media bullshit and BF speculation.

It will be pick 17 or pick 38 and a good player or a combination of picks/players
Both sides know this
Both sides know that going into the draft is high risk
Pies get nothing, a club can grab him before WCE or Sharrod gets pissed off with the BS and re-signs with Collingwood or goes for the money with Melbourne. There is no chance in hell he would last to pick 38 in the draft and little that he would last to pick 17

All the player X was drafted for pick Y means bugger-all
The professionals at the clubs know what they need and what they can trade/ask for

For a bloke going home, no-one but a WA club will touch him. No other club will risk it and these days players are usually allowed by other clubs to go to the club of their choice in the PSD.

Often with out of contract players you get "unders" as it's take what you get, to an extent, or lose them for nothing. Eddie can blow hot air all his wants, won't help.

Yeah agreed. His structural value exceeds possibly his trade value, though I think the Saints are desperate.
Glass was all aust this year - so you would assume he would play on for another 2 years minimum. Brown comes out of contract at the end of next year and will be a free agent then (7 years and outside top 10 contracts at the club - I think I have the years right), so if West Coast are to get anything it will be this year.
As a 23 year old - would you be happy playing a game here or there - knowing a full time role is basically at least 2 years away. It would be frustrating.
I think Brown will get to a club that will give him oppurtunities, but if another club comes knocking where he will get the games, I dont think it will be to hard to convince him to go to that club.
So the Saints could possible have a bidding war on there hands.
For instance - if Hawks offerred 1st rnd draft pick for him, Saints 2nd round pick - same money, I think the Hawks could talk him around.

And yet your coach and list managers have had discussions with him and his manager.
They did that because they don't want him?
They don't rate him?

How incompetent do you think your coach is?
You lose a midfielder that your coach rates and wants.

Given the situation, if West Coast feel that pick 17 holds more value then acquiring Wellingham, then they aren't losing anything. They are in fact gaining value by not doing the deal.

That doesn't mean they can't enquire about Wellingham and try to get him at a price they see as more equitable.

^^ You recon the Hawks would offer a 1st rnd pick for Brown??
Well after the Lake trade - havent got one and as Lake is going to be starting 18, Brown would now see himself as a backup player at the Hawks so wouldnt move there now. He wants a chance to be starting 18 in one of the key defensive posts and prove himself, at the Saints, Bulldogs, would get an oppurtunity to be that player.

Before the Lake trade I would of traded pick 21 (our first rounder) for Brown - and I think that would be a good deal for both sides.

Yeah but Wellingham said he wants to go to West Coast, just like Ball said he wanted to go to Collingwood so no other clubs will bother to draft a player that doesn't want to go to them even if they can afford him.
He wants to go home to WA, if he goes in the draft, can Freo snap him up before West Coast?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will get it done and Collingwood are going to have to get used to the idea... He is not a star player and is not worth a first round pick. He is walking.... Collingwood will either accept the trade or he will get to us via the draft.
Seriously, for pick 38, I would rather see him walk and end up at Freo.

He wants to go home to WA, if he goes in the draft, can Freo snap him up before West Coast?
No. He said he looks forward to continuing his career with the EAGLES.

"It will be exciting to get back to Perth and to play in front of my family every week. That was a very strong influence on my decision to leave and I look forward to playing with the Eagles.

"The dealings I have had with West Coast have been really impressive and I will now go on a break overseas and wait for the two clubs to reach a deal on the terms of my move back home.

"I will always have some very good friends there, but it is now time to move on," he said.

"Playing against them, we had enormous respect for West Coast, and I believe they have a young list capable of winning a premiership in the next few years."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149169/default.aspx

"He's saying that he might want to go there and now the West Coast Eagles will need to come up with something fairly substantial to get the deal done," McGuire told Triple M today.
"Hopefully things will work out, but that will be of course everyone coming to their senses and offering decent compensation.’’

OP Bloody Eddie has huffed and puffed here.

Nisbett on Shuey.

"He's saying that he might want to go there and now Collingwood will need to come up with something fairly substantial to get the deal done," Nisbett told Triple M today.
"Hopefully things will work out, but that will be of course everyone coming to their senses and offering decent compensation.’’

OP That Nisbett is a good operator, mate.
AHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA

this guy compared wellingham to shuey

No. He said he looks forward to continuing his career with the EAGLES.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149169/default.aspx

If only it was his decision to make by himself, without reference to any other person or club. Collingwood HAVE TO AGREE!!!
If you think Collingwood has no choice, then I don't even no why you would contribute to this blog. I suspect you know very well that Collingwood has to agree. We may eventually agree to a low ball offer - I, like everyone else on here, have no way of knowing.

When we got Ball, I watched the blog updates in a state of panic. There was absolutely no guarantees we were going to get him. One of the main reasons we did was that we were one of the few teams that could pay his asking price (front loaded). I don't believe WC has that advantage.

I don't know the inner workings of these clubs. But if Melbourne drafts him, and he refuses to play, well then he doesn't play anywhere. I doubt he is that stupid. But, more to the point, he may well be willing to settle for Freo. If you claim to know otherwise then unless you know him personally you are probably lying./

Nick Stephens wanted to play for Collingwood. But never did.

If only it was his decision to make by himself, without reference to any other person or club. Collingwood HAVE TO AGREE!!!
If you think Collingwood has no choice, then I don't even no why you would contribute to this blog. I suspect you know very well that Collingwood has to agree. We may eventually agree to a low ball offer - I, like everyone else on here, have no way of knowing.

When we got Ball, I watched the blog updates in a state of panic. There was absolutely no guarantees we were going to get him. One of the main reasons we did was that we were one of the few teams that could pay his asking price (front loaded). I don't believe WC has that advantage.

I don't know the inner workings of these clubs. But if Melbourne drafts him, and he refuses to play, well then he doesn't play anywhere. I doubt he is that stupid. But, more to the point, he may well be willing to settle for Freo. If you claim to know otherwise then unless you know him personally you are probably lying./

Nick Stephens wanted to play for Collingwood. But never did.
I was replying to someone who said he only wants to go home to WA. Learn to read, idiot.

And I obviously know Collingwood have to agree. Wellingham will either come to West Coast or go to the ND which means Collingwood lose him for nothing. They'd be stupid not to eventually accept pick 17/18 (which is overs). And all this talk about Masten (who isn't going anywhere) is BS because we would be gaining a player by giving up a better player.

I was replying to someone who said he only wants to go home to WA. Learn to read, idiot.

And I obviously know Collingwood have to agree. Wellingham will either come to West Coast or go to the ND which means Collingwood lose him for nothing. They'd be stupid not to eventually accept pick 17/18 (which is overs). And all this talk about Masten (who isn't going anywhere) is BS because we would be gaining a player by giving up a better player.

I'm the idiot?? Check out my posts in this thread. I WAS 100% CORRECT!!!

Apologies/spin doctoring below please

Remove this Banner Ad

Wellingham - Traded to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back