Wells to GWS 2012?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a source confirming they heard on radio just recently.

Mothers were sworn on.

I cannot 100% confirm myself, but was hoping someone out there can credit this ugly statement.

I hope that I have been taken for a fool...again...and that this is nothing more then a "tricked ya your a d1k head " but I seriously doubt it.

Rubbish.

Even if Danny was going to another club in 2012, do you think they would declare it on radio in 2010?

Danny will stay.

I have a source confirming they heard on radio just recently.

Mothers were sworn on.

I cannot 100% confirm myself, but was hoping someone out there can credit this ugly statement.

I hope that I have been taken for a fool...again...and that this is nothing more then a "tricked ya your a d1k head " but I seriously doubt it.

You have a source who is quoting what they heard on radio as a source?

So, out of contract this year, will join GWS in the AFL in 2012, so will sit out AFL in 2011.

Riiiight.

Covered in the other thread. It was on 3AW's Rumour File this morning.

Well now I am worried.

That rumour file has quite the hit rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But play with GWS as they team build in 2011 for debut in 2012..not unlikely

So you think it likely that Wells would be happy to spend a year in the VFL?

That statements got as much credibility as this thread.

So you think it likely that Wells would be happy to spend a year in the VFL?

That statements got as much credibility as this thread.

Hope this thread has no credibility thats why I opened it with question marks.

But for the right $$$ over 3 years or 4 years yes you would even if it meant 1 year playing VFL equivalent. They can do it with all KMH. Sure they could do it with Wellsy.

Anyway I guess my source heard the 3AW rumor confirmed already...

But for the right $$$ over 3 years or 4 years yes you would even if it meant 1 year playing VFL equivalent. They can do it with all KMH. Sure they could do it with Wellsy.

No way would a professional footballer sit out a year of top level football just to join GWS!

But then again, I never thought I'd see rugby players switch over so...

Can we please switch on our brains, before posting such stuff?
Logic - Wells is currently out of contract. He will either sign a new contract with us shortly, or be at another club (GC or any other 15) next year via a trade, or as uncontracted GC aquisition.

They are the possibilities.

For him to be going to GWS in 2012, he has to sign for 1 year with us, and then be picked by them as an uncontracted player.

Why would we sign him for just 1 year? Why would he (or any other current AFL player) be even thinking about GWS, when there is a season to still be played next year?

May as well close the thread IMO.

I'm stunned that people want to believe this sort of rubbish. Anyone who has watched Wellsy for even a short period knows that he is passionate about playing, and harsh on himself to do better. His passion to play is such that he has done so in the past, even though he wasn't quite right (injured).

He is also committed to North. Now because football's a business, this doesn't mean 100% that he'll end his career at North, but I rate it at a solid 99%.

What's not going to happen is that he will play 2011 in the VFL. They couldn't offer him enough money to compromise his career to such an extent. The "Wells to GC" thread has more credibility (although still almost zero).

Comparing Wells' situation to that of K. "Mike" Hunt is just ridiculous.

Logic - Wells is currently out of contract. He will either sign a new contract with us shortly, or be at another club (GC or any other 15) next year via a trade, or as uncontracted GC aquisition.

For him to be going to GWS in 2012, he has to sign for 1 year with us, and then be picked by them as an uncontracted player.

Why would we sign him for just 1 year? Why would he (or any other current AFL player) be even thinking about GWS, when there is a season to still be played next year?

As far as I know GWS are a functioning entity with the power to sign players right now.

Theoretically, they could sign Danny and then sit him out of football (which would be bloody good for his OP) for an entire season.

However, I don't buy it for the economical reasons. Wells would cost a fortune to move and is he really a guarantee to even play 100 games? He's a big risk for big dollars.

We need to remember that in 2011, he will be a 26 year old with chronic OP.

Turn our brains on?...Yours has obviously ran out of battery power and is running on blue and white fumes...OF COURSE HE COULD SIT OUT 1 AFL YEAR! We dont have to sign him for 2011, he signs with GWS as of 2011 playing, training and team building like GC this year.

For $500k to $800k extra would you demote yourself to scrubbing toilets? YES! Exaggerated the figures maybe for effect. YES!

These rumors have some credibility coming out of 3aw enough to scare me to start a thread and ask the real North Melbourne community, but take the blue and white curtain away form your eyes and think clearly...its a possibility, albeit a small one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wells to GWS 2012?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back