Rumour WereDocker 6 - Holodeck of Horrors - Eagles victorious. No, really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
Preamble:
103091801_942686182847336_1720470418161650704_n.jpg

We now know what happened and we'd rather we didn't.

It's fair to say it's been a rough few weeks for all things West Coast Eagle. Murders on the ground, Murders at sea, and Murders in space, plus a particularly brutal Murder on the Gold Coast.

Thankfully there's some light at the end of the tunnel. The newly refurbished Mineral Resources Park is ready after that definitely planned controlled demolition a few weeks back, and Trevor Nisbettt (Definitely not a clone) has unveiled a new state of the art Holodeck with full state of the art safety protocols where groups of past and present Eagles or lucky fans can experience anything from playing at a full house MCG to visiting a 1930's SpeakEasy during prohibition to walking on the moon. After passing Quality Assurance it is now time for the first customer testing. Unfortunately a couple of Freagles may have weaseled their way into the first test group, and the safety protocols may have been deactivated.
Roles:
Freagles - Every night, the Freagles choose a player to murder. They are allowed to murder each-other if they really want to.

Seer - One of the Eagle players is incredibly good at noticing fine details and is pretending to be a psychic as that's easier to explain. Once per night the seer may ask if another player is a Freagle, and receives a yes/no answer.

Doctor - One of the Eagle players is a master in the art of preventative medicine. Every night, the doctor chooses a player who will definitely not be murdered. If that player is murdered during the night, they recover by morning. The doctor may use their ability on themselves. The village only finds out who the doctor protected if that person is murdered during the night. The doctor can save players from the vigilante.

Vigilante - One of the Eagle players has had enough and is going to take out some Freagle trash. Once every two nights, starting on night two, the Vigilante has to choose a player to murder.

Eagle - Everyone without one of the above roles is a vanilla Eagle.

Sequence of play:

Day/Night 1:

Day - Eagles introduce their characters.
Night - Freagles choose their first murder target.
Night - Seer chooses a target
Night - Doctor chooses a target
Morning - Murder is announced. If the murder is prevented, you find out who was murdered but not their role. If the murder is successful, the victims role is announced.

Day/Night 2/4/6/8 etc:

Day - Eagles vote to murder one of the players on suspicion of being a Freagle.
7pm - Voting closes. Votes at or after 7 will not be accepted unless they're splitting a tie.
Evening - Role of murder victim is announced. The doctor cannot save someone murdered by Eagles.
Night - The vigilante chooses a target to murder.
Morning - Murders are announced. If one murder is prevented, you find out who was murdered but not their role. If the murders are successful, the victims roles are announced. It is possible for the Vigilante to murder a Freagle, and for the Freagles to murder the vigilante in the same night.

Day/Night 3/5/7 etc:

Day - Eagles vote to murder one of the players on suspicion of being a Freagle.
7pm - Voting closes. Votes at or after 7 will not be accepted unless they're splitting a tie.
Evening - Role of murder victim is announced. The doctor cannot save someone murdered by Eagles.
Morning - Murder is announced. If the murder is prevented, you find out who was murdered but not their role. If the murder is successful, the victims role is announced.

End of the game:

The game ends when the last Freagle is murdered, or the number of Freagles is equal to the number of Eagles.

Choose a past or present Eagles player or someone associated with the club and sign up for the game.

Signups:

PlayerCharacter
wing itMichael Braun
CM9000Tom Hickey
ashley12Ashton Hams
MrKKLewis Jetta
Smeg HeadPaul Peos

The Deceased

BarrybranBen Johnson
gueroCraig Turley (FREAGLE)
DoashueyTony Evans (Doctor)
OMGFridgeTyson Stenglein
RookiePickJack Redden (Vigilante)
squashfaceBrant Colledge (Seer)
MWPPCourtney Darling
Dazzler10David Hynes

As with the previous few games, PM's between players are disallowed. There will be a heaven chat for the dead/game observers.

Last edited:
Another school of thought
-should we leave guero /Turley as a certain Vig evil kill tonight Since vigs have no choice but to not abstain?

Yes outed evil can be damaging in other games but with no other evil party to coordinate with .... not this time

Besides we can make the most of having outed good to try and learn some more

I was going to say that this plan relies on vanilla Eagles absolutely not falsely claiming a role. Leave that to the Freagles if they want to out themselves. So help me God squashface if you're lying about seer powers.

I vote for Craig Turley.
I think guero’s silence after that love react is pretty damning actually

I actually had
“Anyway , caught up now and Turley for me
Being coy about a theory earlier (please let it not have been that Daz is evil and killed Baz to silence those secrets ) is a deviation and tagging me in seems a deviation worrying that I’m a seer ” on copy and paste

This seals it for me. I believe you.
My theory on Daz is, despite what Zerg said last game, he did change from when he played as eagle to when he played as freagle. As eagle he revenge voted. As freagle he didn’t.

I was going to play this up as being the ‘new Daz’ vs being ‘evil Daz’. But there’s not much point now. I’m no good at pretending to be something I’m not against the odds.

My nemesis squashface strikes again!

And just to prove MWPP right about evil jumping on the bandwagon I switch to Turls.

-should we leave guero /Turley as a certain Vig evil kill tonight Since vigs have no choice but to not abstain?

Yes outed evil can be damaging in other games but with no other evil party to coordinate with .... not this time

The vig kill is a fair play too.

Maybe see how day plays out a bit more to see if its viable / any other info comes out?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

My theory on Daz is, despite what Zerg said last game, he did change from when he played as eagle to when he played as freagle. As eagle he revenge voted. As freagle he didn’t.

I was going to play this up as being the ‘new Daz’ vs being ‘evil Daz’. But there’s not much point now. I’m no good at pretending to be something I’m not against the odds.

My nemesis squashface strikes again!

And just to prove MWPP right about evil jumping on the bandwagon I switch to Turls.
Haha you’re a good sport

Highlights the role allocation luck point I made perfectly
Plus though probability doesn’t work that way , there’s the perception that never having been evil or not having been evil recently means that someone’s “due”

That will come back to bite me when I am evil if not before hand
Also I’m terrible at being evil anyway

Well we get a chance to suss out a potential freagle. Though we could just hit an eagle of course.

Sorry on mobile but if i read correctly the vig has to hit someone each day anyway?? So were already backing one persons judgement

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What if we vote out the vigilante? Given our track record that seems a pretty likely outcome.

How does it leave us better off if we rely on the vigilante to do it for us?
Because the options are:
-a day where we learn nothing from behavioural cues by lynching the obvious outed target and don’t make the most of squash being around
-trying to learn something today (even lynching a villager today and viging guero tonight is a better result than the 9/10 or so change of Viging one tonight )
Requires everyone to be on board

I’m glad squash claimed early because now the doc and Vig have 0 excuse to have not seen it

What if we vote out the vigilante? Given our track record that seems a pretty likely outcome.
Fair point .
Or worse the doc

Maybe it’s best that we just stick to plan A

my vote still remains on turley and won’t shift unless there’s enough support

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry on mobile but if i read correctly the vig has to hit someone each day anyway?? So were already backing one persons judgement
Correct
In other games I’ve played all actions are optional but most people are trigger happy even as Vig and prefer to put them in (except maybe night 1)
Dero abstained n1 of that game we played though for example

Lol. So we agree not to vote out Turls and leave him for the vigilante. Then we accientally lynch the vigilante and Turley survives. It would be classic villagers.

SOrry MWPP, too much can go wrong. I'm sticking with my Turley vote.

Lol. So we agree not to vote out Turls and leave him for the vigilante. Then we accientally lynch the vigilante and Turley survives. It would be classic villagers.

SOrry MWPP, too much can go wrong. I'm sticking with my Turley vote.
I’d be ok with lynching the vig
Because over the course of the game more villagers will die at the hands of them than evil
It’s lynching the doc which would be disastrous as it would seal squash’s fate
Look if the doc is around and paying attention squash will be around tomorrow and ideally beyond that too

Haha you’re a good sport

Highlights the role allocation luck point I made perfectly
Plus though probability doesn’t work that way , there’s the perception that never having been evil or not having been evil recently means that someone’s “due”

That will come back to bite me when I am evil if not before hand
Also I’m terrible at being evil anyway
It’s all good fun, right? I don’t see much point playing it any other way.

I was looking forward to being evil and trying to mess with a few melons. I’m sure I’ll get another chance though, here or on the SFA club board.

Well played by squash. Sorry not sorry for killing you first Barrybran! Are you running a heaven chat, ZergMinion? Soz, couldn’t resist getting just one more dumb question in! :p

How does it leave us better off if we rely on the vigilante to do it for us?
So were already backing one persons judgement
Let squashface name some Vig targets .
To prevent doubling up with seer targets
But also to gauge what people’s reactions are to being targeted

No to MWPPs idea, not worth it when there is only 2 evil who are equal in power in this case. Bank the one straight up.
Yeah I agree now and have backed away from my suggestion but for different reason

I was looking forward to being evil and trying to mess with a few melons. I’m sure I’ll get another chance though, here or on the SFA club board.

Well played by squash. Sorry not sorry for killing you first Barrybran! Are you running a heaven chat, ZergMinion? Soz, couldn’t resist getting just one more dumb question in! :p

I am indeed running a heaven chat. Wooshette is spectating in the heaven chat so it's already operational.

Sorry not sorry for killing you first @Barrybran!
I have actually never killed Baz on night 1 in any game we have played over nearly 2 years
Not saying I never will but ... I often seer him instead
Smeg Head went through a run of actions from me and on me too - good times ;)

I have a dumb question. Who's your partner?

Worth a shot.

I have a dumb question. Who's your partner?

Worth a shot.
It’s me - but only in this game , not in life
In life I’m taken by my beloved Jack

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour WereDocker 6 - Holodeck of Horrors - Eagles victorious. No, really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back