Rumour WereDocker 6 - Holodeck of Horrors - Eagles victorious. No, really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
Preamble:
103091801_942686182847336_1720470418161650704_n.jpg

We now know what happened and we'd rather we didn't.

It's fair to say it's been a rough few weeks for all things West Coast Eagle. Murders on the ground, Murders at sea, and Murders in space, plus a particularly brutal Murder on the Gold Coast.

Thankfully there's some light at the end of the tunnel. The newly refurbished Mineral Resources Park is ready after that definitely planned controlled demolition a few weeks back, and Trevor Nisbettt (Definitely not a clone) has unveiled a new state of the art Holodeck with full state of the art safety protocols where groups of past and present Eagles or lucky fans can experience anything from playing at a full house MCG to visiting a 1930's SpeakEasy during prohibition to walking on the moon. After passing Quality Assurance it is now time for the first customer testing. Unfortunately a couple of Freagles may have weaseled their way into the first test group, and the safety protocols may have been deactivated.
Roles:
Freagles - Every night, the Freagles choose a player to murder. They are allowed to murder each-other if they really want to.

Seer - One of the Eagle players is incredibly good at noticing fine details and is pretending to be a psychic as that's easier to explain. Once per night the seer may ask if another player is a Freagle, and receives a yes/no answer.

Doctor - One of the Eagle players is a master in the art of preventative medicine. Every night, the doctor chooses a player who will definitely not be murdered. If that player is murdered during the night, they recover by morning. The doctor may use their ability on themselves. The village only finds out who the doctor protected if that person is murdered during the night. The doctor can save players from the vigilante.

Vigilante - One of the Eagle players has had enough and is going to take out some Freagle trash. Once every two nights, starting on night two, the Vigilante has to choose a player to murder.

Eagle - Everyone without one of the above roles is a vanilla Eagle.

Sequence of play:

Day/Night 1:

Day - Eagles introduce their characters.
Night - Freagles choose their first murder target.
Night - Seer chooses a target
Night - Doctor chooses a target
Morning - Murder is announced. If the murder is prevented, you find out who was murdered but not their role. If the murder is successful, the victims role is announced.

Day/Night 2/4/6/8 etc:

Day - Eagles vote to murder one of the players on suspicion of being a Freagle.
7pm - Voting closes. Votes at or after 7 will not be accepted unless they're splitting a tie.
Evening - Role of murder victim is announced. The doctor cannot save someone murdered by Eagles.
Night - The vigilante chooses a target to murder.
Morning - Murders are announced. If one murder is prevented, you find out who was murdered but not their role. If the murders are successful, the victims roles are announced. It is possible for the Vigilante to murder a Freagle, and for the Freagles to murder the vigilante in the same night.

Day/Night 3/5/7 etc:

Day - Eagles vote to murder one of the players on suspicion of being a Freagle.
7pm - Voting closes. Votes at or after 7 will not be accepted unless they're splitting a tie.
Evening - Role of murder victim is announced. The doctor cannot save someone murdered by Eagles.
Morning - Murder is announced. If the murder is prevented, you find out who was murdered but not their role. If the murder is successful, the victims role is announced.

End of the game:

The game ends when the last Freagle is murdered, or the number of Freagles is equal to the number of Eagles.

Choose a past or present Eagles player or someone associated with the club and sign up for the game.

Signups:

PlayerCharacter
wing itMichael Braun
CM9000Tom Hickey
ashley12Ashton Hams
MrKKLewis Jetta
Smeg HeadPaul Peos

The Deceased

BarrybranBen Johnson
gueroCraig Turley (FREAGLE)
DoashueyTony Evans (Doctor)
OMGFridgeTyson Stenglein
RookiePickJack Redden (Vigilante)
squashfaceBrant Colledge (Seer)
MWPPCourtney Darling
Dazzler10David Hynes

As with the previous few games, PM's between players are disallowed. There will be a heaven chat for the dead/game observers.

Last edited:
Classic game of bluff and double bluff between Doctor and Freagles. If it was me I would apply KISS principle and just protect the Seer, playing the odds that the Freagles won't hit the doctor.
I think that's the smart play too. It would be very on-brand for us to play silly buggers and allow the freagles to kill the seer!

Errr, have you been reading the thread properly Ash? If not, and you are the doctor, can you please familiarise yourself with the gameplan? Cheers.

It seems like I have not, and again mis-intepreted the rules.

I blame Conor McKenna

**** if the village blows it from here RIP.

I’ll run the next game. I’ve got some ideas on roles, stolen from the SFA club board. So rather than suggest to someone else how and why I think it’ll work I’ll just do it myself. It’ll be ‘bare bones’ though, cos I’m way too lazy (and more importantly, lacking in talent) to come up with decent fan fic for the duration.

Eviction 1 - No vote count required

The mob had gathered. Craig Turley knew the jig was up. Fingered by none other than Brant "Sherloque" Colledge. Sometimes you were just that unlucky.

Still, the group appeared to be hesitant to strike. Under normal circumstances they'd have liked to have thrown Turley out of the building, but the building was imaginary and all the exits were missing. Until someone figured out how to produce a door to the real world, they were going to have to get their hands dirty.

They all found themselves at the scene of the overnight crime in the gym. Several of them picked up weights. Craig sunk to his knees and began singing.

"Freo, way to go"

He put out his arms in either a crucifixion or come-at-me-bro pose (they genuinely weren't sure)

"Hit em real hard send them down below"

They formed a circle and raised their weights, ready to throw.

"Freo, give em the old Heave-Ho"

He winked suggestively at Courtney Darling who almost let fly then, but she stopped herself just in time. "Form a line you idiots, not a circle. If we all throw weights at him in this formation he's likely to be the only one left alive!"

Turley stopped singing and sighed. Another cunning plan foiled. The Eagles lined up and put him out of his misery.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Craig Turley AKA guero was indeed a Freagle. The sole surviving Freagle and the vigilante both kill tonight.

Night 2 - The Freagle strikes back
Tony Evans
was in a good mood. They'd knocked off a Freagle on the first day, and he knew well that Brant "Psych" Colledge was in no danger tonight. He was still grinning as he headed for the state of the art conveniences after the celeberatory drinks and was quite surprised when the chloroform soaked rag was shoved in his face. He wasn't sure how much time had passed when he awoke, but that was less of a concern than the fact that he was tied up and hurtling down a large waterslide in the pool area. So they intended to drown him did they? He relaxed his muscles and breathed in deeply, preparing to float for as long as necessary while he tried to work a hand free. He would get out of this yet.

The sharks in the pool came as somewhat of a surprise. He had just enough time to think "Stupid Holodeck" as he was torn to pieces.

Tyson Stenglein was sleeping lightly enough to wake to the whisper of "Die Freagle Scum!" just as the knife plunged into his chest.

"I'm not a Freagle you w***er..." he managed to gurgle as he expired. His assailant slunk off in a distinctly embarrassed fashion.

Courtney Darling made the gruesome discovery of Tony Evans remains just before starting her early morning swim. She tried CPR on the bit with the head but she was clearly no doctor and he couldn't be revived. Scrawled on the wall in blood was the message "Game on, Morons!"

David Hynes discovered Tyson Stenglien's body while rounding up everyone for a huddle. Rigor mortis had set in and locked in a final face-palm. On the wall was scrawled the message "Crap...Sorry."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tony Evans AKA Doashuey was the doctor. The seer is now in deep poo. Tyson Stenglein was a vanilla Eagle, and is no doubt pretty annoyed right now.

Of course the Freagles hit the doctor and the vigilante swings and misses. FMD.

I no longer think my plan to vote out the vigilante today is the best course of action. We will lose our Seer tonight so we can't waste a vote piling on the vigilante and getting no information. Need to spread some votes around and see what shakes loose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So do we ask Squashface to reveal what he saw lastnight, or is it best to keep it under wraps if it's a villager? I think he should reveal. The benefits outweigh the downside of giving the freagles an easy kill.

Used my seer power but sadly didn’t get a Freagle again.

Given I’m going to die tonight as the doctor is dead, should I post who is a confirmed villager? It will just give the Freagle an easy target but if I don’t say it then you may end up wasting a lynch on this person

So do we ask Squashface to reveal what he saw lastnight, or is it best to keep it under wraps if it's a villager? I think he should reveal. The benefits outweigh the downside of giving the freagles an easy kill.
I agree. At least then we'll know who is legit during strat/voting talk today and tomorrow.

Night 2 - The Freagle strikes back
Tony Evans
was in a good mood. They'd knocked off a Freagle on the first day, and he knew well that Brant "Psych" Colledge was in no danger tonight. He was still grinning as he headed for the state of the art conveniences after the celeberatory drinks and was quite surprised when the chloroform soaked rag was shoved in his face. He wasn't sure how much time had passed when he awoke, but that was less of a concern than the fact that he was tied up and hurtling down a large waterslide in the pool area. So they intended to drown him did they? He relaxed his muscles and breathed in deeply, preparing to float for as long as necessary while he tried to work a hand free. He would get out of this yet.

The sharks in the pool came as somewhat of a surprise. He had just enough time to think "Stupid Holodeck" as he was torn to pieces.

Tyson Stenglein was sleeping lightly enough to wake to the whisper of "Die Freagle Scum!" just as the knife plunged into his chest.

"I'm not a Freagle you w***er..." he managed to gurgle as he expired. His assailant slunk off in a distinctly embarrassed fashion.

Courtney Darling made the gruesome discovery of Tony Evans remains just before starting her early morning swim. She tried CPR on the bit with the head but she was clearly no doctor and he couldn't be revived. Scrawled on the wall in blood was the message "Game on, Morons!"

David Hynes discovered Tyson Stenglien's body while rounding up everyone for a huddle. Rigor mortis had set in and locked in a final face-palm. On the wall was scrawled the message "Crap...Sorry."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tony Evans AKA Doashuey was the doctor. The seer is now in deep poo. Tyson Stenglein was a vanilla Eagle, and is no doubt pretty annoyed right now.
Stenglien has been approached to start paying rent with the amount of time he spends in heaven chat.

Good luck to everyone except the vig

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Used my seer power but sadly didn’t get a Freagle again.

Given I’m going to die tonight as the doctor is dead, should I post who is a confirmed villager? It will just give the Freagle an easy target but if I don’t say it then you may end up wasting a lynch on this person
Lay it on us Brant

So we don't have much to go on in our Freagle hunt. Yesterday's votes leave us clueless cos we all knew who the Freagle was. Which leads me to my main suspect at this point: Ashton Hams.

II found Ash's post yesterday quite curious, when he acted as though he hadn't read the thread properly, and wasn't quite convinced that Turley was a freagle. I quote it here -
Turley

I probably wouldn't have outed myself as the Seer straight away with that info UNLESS it looked like I would have been lynched by the group. Obv there is some chance the Seer gets got by the freagles, but that is a risk I would take to buy a few more lucky chances to win the game.

Real question now is if Turley is a freagle, following the game we basically only get one more shot with the Seer before he is off'ed. So we need to figure out who we want to have "seen" before he dies.
This post was after much discussion about how to use the role of the Doc to save the seer. From previous game history, Ash has been a much more invested player, particularly last game where he came up with the plan to garner information from the seer. So my hypothesis is that Ash is playing dumb to make it look like he is phoning it in, and therefore not a Freagle.

It's a weak hypothesis, but it's pretty much all I've got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour WereDocker 6 - Holodeck of Horrors - Eagles victorious. No, really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back