Rumour WereDocker 6 - Holodeck of Horrors - Eagles victorious. No, really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
Preamble:
103091801_942686182847336_1720470418161650704_n.jpg

We now know what happened and we'd rather we didn't.

It's fair to say it's been a rough few weeks for all things West Coast Eagle. Murders on the ground, Murders at sea, and Murders in space, plus a particularly brutal Murder on the Gold Coast.

Thankfully there's some light at the end of the tunnel. The newly refurbished Mineral Resources Park is ready after that definitely planned controlled demolition a few weeks back, and Trevor Nisbettt (Definitely not a clone) has unveiled a new state of the art Holodeck with full state of the art safety protocols where groups of past and present Eagles or lucky fans can experience anything from playing at a full house MCG to visiting a 1930's SpeakEasy during prohibition to walking on the moon. After passing Quality Assurance it is now time for the first customer testing. Unfortunately a couple of Freagles may have weaseled their way into the first test group, and the safety protocols may have been deactivated.
Roles:
Freagles - Every night, the Freagles choose a player to murder. They are allowed to murder each-other if they really want to.

Seer - One of the Eagle players is incredibly good at noticing fine details and is pretending to be a psychic as that's easier to explain. Once per night the seer may ask if another player is a Freagle, and receives a yes/no answer.

Doctor - One of the Eagle players is a master in the art of preventative medicine. Every night, the doctor chooses a player who will definitely not be murdered. If that player is murdered during the night, they recover by morning. The doctor may use their ability on themselves. The village only finds out who the doctor protected if that person is murdered during the night. The doctor can save players from the vigilante.

Vigilante - One of the Eagle players has had enough and is going to take out some Freagle trash. Once every two nights, starting on night two, the Vigilante has to choose a player to murder.

Eagle - Everyone without one of the above roles is a vanilla Eagle.

Sequence of play:

Day/Night 1:

Day - Eagles introduce their characters.
Night - Freagles choose their first murder target.
Night - Seer chooses a target
Night - Doctor chooses a target
Morning - Murder is announced. If the murder is prevented, you find out who was murdered but not their role. If the murder is successful, the victims role is announced.

Day/Night 2/4/6/8 etc:

Day - Eagles vote to murder one of the players on suspicion of being a Freagle.
7pm - Voting closes. Votes at or after 7 will not be accepted unless they're splitting a tie.
Evening - Role of murder victim is announced. The doctor cannot save someone murdered by Eagles.
Night - The vigilante chooses a target to murder.
Morning - Murders are announced. If one murder is prevented, you find out who was murdered but not their role. If the murders are successful, the victims roles are announced. It is possible for the Vigilante to murder a Freagle, and for the Freagles to murder the vigilante in the same night.

Day/Night 3/5/7 etc:

Day - Eagles vote to murder one of the players on suspicion of being a Freagle.
7pm - Voting closes. Votes at or after 7 will not be accepted unless they're splitting a tie.
Evening - Role of murder victim is announced. The doctor cannot save someone murdered by Eagles.
Morning - Murder is announced. If the murder is prevented, you find out who was murdered but not their role. If the murder is successful, the victims role is announced.

End of the game:

The game ends when the last Freagle is murdered, or the number of Freagles is equal to the number of Eagles.

Choose a past or present Eagles player or someone associated with the club and sign up for the game.

Signups:

PlayerCharacter
wing itMichael Braun
CM9000Tom Hickey
ashley12Ashton Hams
MrKKLewis Jetta
Smeg HeadPaul Peos

The Deceased

BarrybranBen Johnson
gueroCraig Turley (FREAGLE)
DoashueyTony Evans (Doctor)
OMGFridgeTyson Stenglein
RookiePickJack Redden (Vigilante)
squashfaceBrant Colledge (Seer)
MWPPCourtney Darling
Dazzler10David Hynes

As with the previous few games, PM's between players are disallowed. There will be a heaven chat for the dead/game observers.

Last edited:
Eviction Two - The start of something bad, or the end of something stupid?

Jack Redden
stared at the group. Four of them were pointing the finger at him, while the rest appeared to have wandered off in disinterest.

"If this is what we're doing then I'm going to show you cretins how to do what needs to be done."

He pulled out a knife and brandished it.

The group stepped back, suddenly unsure of their next move.

Jack Redden proceeded to stab himself in the throat seven times. The group looked on aghast as he staggered over to the wall and started righting in his own blood.

"DeAth tO FreAg...." he collapsed dead from blood loss before he could finish.

"Bloody hell" exclaimed Jetta. The rest of the group murmured in agreement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Redden AKA RookiePick was the vigilante. We're down to one Freagle and a seer. The Freagle can murder someone tonight. Anyone really. I'm sure the decision will be contemplated long and hard.

Sorry been a hectic weekend due to work and life so wasn't around at all between Saturday afternoon and late last night
I’ll be around today /tomorrow if I survive and will catchup on the thread properly

Night 3 - Nothing to see here.

Brant "Elementary" Colledge
knew he was doomed. He'd made all the right plays, picking a Freagle straight up, announcing it to the group and relying on the doctor to protect him long enough to find the other one. Probability however had gotten down on it's knees and serviced drama like a two dollar hooker, with the Freagle killing the doctor the next night, which meant his number was now up.

He knew that the way the last Freagle killed him would be the final piece of the puzzle, and while he was racking his brains trying to figure out a way to pass on what he would learn he felt the first tingle in his throat. Poison! Excellect! Fast acting but not fast acting enough for him not to be able to reveal the final Freagle to the group. He grabbed a sharpie and hastily wrote the name on the wall. He fell to the ground foaming at the mouth. His vision blurred in and out, but he lived long enough to see the wall flicker and go completely blank.

"Stupid Holodeck...." he thought as he died.

When they found him next morning, bug eyed with blood trailing from both nostrils and both ears, they lamented that he hadn't taken the time to give them a clue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Brant Colledge AKA squashface was the seer (surprise!). We are now down to the game at it's most pure, with one Freagle, 6 Eagles and no special abilities.

Night 3 - Nothing to see here.

Brant "Elementary" Colledge
knew he was doomed. He'd made all the right plays, picking a Freagle straight up, announcing it to the group and relying on the doctor to protect him long enough to find the other one. Probability however had gotten down on it's knees and serviced drama like a two dollar hooker, with the Freagle killing the doctor the next night, which meant his number was now up.

He knew that the way the last Freagle killed him would be the final piece of the puzzle, and while he was racking his brains trying to figure out a way to pass on what he would learn he felt the first tingle in his throat. Poison! Excellect! Fast acting but not fast acting enough for him not to be able to reveal the final Freagle to the group. He grabbed a sharpie and hastily wrote the name on the wall. He fell to the ground foaming at the mouth. His vision blurred in and out, but he lived long enough to see the wall flicker and go completely blank.

"Stupid Holodeck...." he thought as he died.

When they found him next morning, bug eyed with blood trailing from both nostrils and both ears, they lamented that he hadn't taken the time to give them a clue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Brant Colledge AKA squashface was the seer (surprise!). We are now down to the game at it's most pure, with one Freagle, 6 Eagles and no special abilities.
Au contraire, there is a truck-ton of specialness remaining.

So we've got 3 votes to get this right. I'll post my thoughts a bit later, but for the love of god can people start throwing some votes around and see what happens. Clean votes where we all pile on one person are the Freagle's best friend.

Hickey thanks
Avoided yesterday’s bandwagon but posted so was around
Laying low
Waited so he was neither too early nor too late to get onto Guero
And has contributed least amongst those still alive so least deserves the win

I don’t think it’s Daz or wing it based on their posting
Trying to separate the other 3 (CM, Smeg , ash) based on posting and that’s difficult as none of them have offered much at all

I don’t think it’s Daz or wing it based on their posting
Trying to separate the other 3 (CM, Smeg , ash) based on posting and that’s difficult as none of them have offered much at all
Thanks for the vote of confidence MWPP. I don't think it's you or Daz either. So my list of 3 matches yours.

Ash has gone with the "Life is too busy to focus on this game right now" play, which has become a staple of this game it would seem. In each instance in the last round it turned out to be true, so I don't know what to make of it. At some point it will be used as a tactic.

I don't have a vibe on Smeg, but CM is tingling my spidey senses somewhat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hickey thanks
Avoided yesterday’s bandwagon but posted so was around
Laying low
Waited so he was neither too early nor too late to get onto Guero
And has contributed least amongst those still alive so least deserves the win
For similar reasons, I'm voting for Paul Peos. He jumped straight onto guero, which you said was common werewolf behaviour.

More fool me, but I'm taking Ash's reasons for lack of posting at face value for now.

For similar reasons, I'm voting for Paul Peos. He jumped straight onto guero, which you said was common werewolf behaviour.

More fool me, but I'm taking Ash's reasons for lack of posting at face value for now.
You moron, you are only voting me because I made a joke about you going after the vig.

Which you posted straight after the eviction post, which shows you were following the thread but didn't try to save us from lynching a villager.
Group gaming night from 5.30 to 8 but you want to massively compound your error going after me, infact you are already wasting today in terms of time to discuss actual freagles.

I still don't understand this interaction, when I asked Guero who his partner was. MWPP's response got a LOL reaction from Guero, but nobody else..

I have a dumb question. Who's your partner?

Worth a shot.
It’s me - but only in this game , not in life
In life I’m taken by my beloved Jack
Reference to me being the first to jump on
And what I’d have called out as too much interaction in the thread to the point of appearing like staging if it involved anyone but me
Also my attempt at a joke and belatedly getting into character

MWPP also missed yesterday's vote. I'm itching to lob a grenade the more I think about it.

I still don't understand this interaction, when I asked Guero who his partner was. MWPP's response got a LOL reaction from Guero, but nobody else..

I'm itching to lob a grenade the more I think about it.
I thought I explained it. Which part do you still not understand?
If you check the timing of the lol it was after you called it out too, whether that means anything

But anyway if you truly think I'm the best bet, then go for it :)

MWPP also missed yesterday's vote. I'm itching to lob a grenade the more I think about it.
MWPP has been randomly absent from other games so I don't know what can be read into yesterday. I'm all for grenade-lobbing though!

MWPP has been randomly absent from other games so I don't know what can be read into yesterday. I'm all for grenade-lobbing though!
Only the first game I played when I was still finding my feet. The shifting deadlines/lack of tagging did me in a bit.
I've been active in each one I've played since then

And I prefer guns over grenades :)

FWIW I don't think explaining away absence in advance clears anyone
Daz did that last game. And they ended up evil
So to play devil's advocate- I wouldn't have explained my non vote even if I was evil

So fair play

I thought I explained it. Which part do you still not understand?
If you check the timing of the lol it was after you called it out too, whether that means anything

But anyway if you truly think I'm the best bet, then go for it :)
I don't understand your explanation as to why you said you were Guero's partner. I am obviously missing a joke or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour WereDocker 6 - Holodeck of Horrors - Eagles victorious. No, really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back