West Coast/Collingwood - now that's what I call a game!

Remove this Banner Ad

gdmclean said:
Last 3 weeks:
Round 5: 39 possies, 8 tackles, 4 goals
Round 6: 33 possies, 6 tackles, 1 goal
Round 7: 32 possies, 6 tackles, 3 goals.
He's been a bit down the last two weeks, I expect a return to form next week.

Judd is a very very very (x1000) good player but I don't like when commentators think everything he does is gold. For instance in the first 5 minutes all he did was drop a mark (was quite a leap) and kick a behind from ok play and they are verbally creaming their pants. This happens to any great player of the game.
Another example is a little handball from the deck to a player running on, this is done a squillion times a game and is good play but is expected of good players. When Judd does "OHOOHHHHHHHH!! *squish* he's a genius*.
Please don't get me wrong he's already one of the best mids of all time (or at least modern times) and I'm not having a whinge just because Collingwood lost.

jabso said:
Judd is a very very very (x1000) good player but I don't like when commentators think everything he does is gold. For instance in the first 5 minutes all he did was drop a mark (was quite a leap) and kick a behind from ok play and they are verbally creaming their pants. This happens to any great player of the game.
Another example is a little handball from the deck to a player running on, this is done a squillion times a game and is good play but is expected of good players. When Judd does "OHOOHHHHHHHH!! *squish* he's a genius*.
Please don't get me wrong he's already one of the best mids of all time (or at least modern times) and I'm not having a whinge just because Collingwood lost.

The reason they cream themselves over him is because they only get to see Judd once or twice a year. Channel 9 and 10 never bother going over to Perth to cover games which is pretty stupid.

jabso said:
I see what you're saying, and agree completely. While he's the best player in the competition, every single move he executes properly (e.g. a handball or a kick on target, no matter whether they're contested or not) is seen as GOLD! by the comms. A bit annoying but I suppose that's what comes with watching him play.

A great contest, Collingwood will have no excuses if they don't make the 8, they have been really impressive over the past month or so, and really gave the WCE's a fight.

I'm just happy West Coast won, for they will now only smash us next week and not totally smash us.

Off topic a little but does anyone know why WCE were wearing thier dark navy and yellow strip compared to the blue and yellow one? The vertical bars on the back could have been confused for the Scum. I know it was WCE's home game but I thought it was a little strange

mudgeathon said:
Fantastic game to watch, every player giving it his all as well as the game been close pretty much the whole time. I don't know why they don't show more WCE games in Melbourne, with Judd, Kerr, Embley, Coxy, lynchy;) and etc the games are good to watch with minimal chipping around and let's wind down the clock crap.

All in all a great game with an even better result:)

1 thing that disappoints me about 9/10 is they dont show many interstate games, and always take the easy option by televising the melb game. Hopefully 7 will rectify that.

Bombers_Forever said:
Off topic a little but does anyone know why WCE were wearing thier dark navy and yellow strip compared to the blue and yellow one? The vertical bars on the back could have been confused for the Scum. I know it was WCE's home game but I thought it was a little strange

Must admit that I thought the same thing. We wore the home game strip but I reckon the other one would have been better (no white for a start). We do normally wear whichever provides the best contrast - maybe another stab at Collingwoods lack of an alternate? ;)

Bittermagpie said:
1 thing that disappoints me about 9/10 is they dont show many interstate games, and always take the easy option by televising the melb game. Hopefully 7 will rectify that.

I'll swap with you.
All we get over here is West Coast and Freo games.

RustyG said:
I'll swap with you.
All we get over here is West Coast and Freo games.

Is that really true. I`m in Kal and we get pretty well every game except conflicting games. We had the Woods last Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagle87 said:
Must admit that I thought the same thing. We wore the home game strip but I reckon the other one would have been better (no white for a start). We do normally wear whichever provides the best contrast - maybe another stab at Collingwoods lack of an alternate? ;)

It just appeared odd that they would allow it, particularly when there is an alternative which does not clash in anyway

Bombers_Forever said:
It just appeared odd that they would allow it, particularly when there is an alternative which does not clash in anyway

They???? I presume that refers to the AFL.

Eagles home game, we get to play in our home strip. Wearing our alternate would be a concession that should be made by the away side. Unfortunately on this issue they are juveniles, so perhaps we played their game i.e. we wore our strip to suggest to the AFL that its about time they pulled them into line.

;)

larrikin said:
I think Walls had some other people in his sight

I've never heard such a bagging of Wirra

Davis did carve him up but Wirra always plays loose and kills you on the rebound and I would say that's how Worsfold wants him to play.

recon said:
Davis did carve him up but Wirra always plays loose and kills you on the rebound and I would say that's how Worsfold wants him to play.

... and when wirra set up the first quarter with his 10 possessions, I didnt hear Walls going on "where is his opponent", "why dont they man him up" ...

... similarly when Wirra ran off a few times late in the game and set up the goal that sealed the game, I didnt hear his "where is Davis, he's 50m behind him, you gotta man up, u must pressure"....

Walls is an idiot.

Congratulations to West Coast. They were the better team in the end & deserved the victory...

Full credit to Collingwood for taking it to them like they did...

Hopefully the doubters can see that the Pies might be the competitive side that they had proven to be prior to this game in Subi...

Should be a great game against Geelong...;)

Nebula1971 said:
Should be a great game against Geelong...;)

Great spectacle as far as Collingwood were concerned. Doubt the Geelong supporters felt the same way.

They will struggle to make the 8. In fact, I doubt that they will make it.

Eagle87 said:
They???? I presume that refers to the AFL.

Eagles home game, we get to play in our home strip. Wearing our alternate would be a concession that should be made by the away side. Unfortunately on this issue they are juveniles, so perhaps we played their game i.e. we wore our strip to suggest to the AFL that its about time they pulled them into line.

;)
Gee, the WCE getting to play in their home strip for a home game. What a concept!:D

Let the Pies get an alternative - or suffer.:D

How awful are the AFL? First they make the Pies fly to WA, and then they don't make the WCE wear their AWAY strip for a home game.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast/Collingwood - now that's what I call a game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back